The first song i heard was time is running out. it was on a mixed cd a friend made for me and it was the only song that stuck in my head, the only one i cared to listen to, i thought it was really awesome, and i liked the lyrics. so the next day i looked up muse on youtube and i first watched the starlight video and i thought it was so beautiful definitely unlike anything i've heard before and rember saying 'aww he looks like a lil mouse' lol

the obsession continued from there and now i'm a fan!

The first time I heard Muse was in 2004, when I heard Time is Running Out, and I didn't really like it. Months later, the chorus kept popping up in my head, so I went and found them, bought the album, and have been a fan ever since.

Time is Running Out on my local radio station here in Toronto. Thought it was pretty good for a few weeks, never really bothered to check out the other stuff. Used to be a huge Blink 182 fan as well, so when I had read about the very insignificant controversy that both bands has a song called "Stockholm Syndrome", I went and checked Muse out. So happy I have.

first song i heard was time is running out, one of my buddies played it and i loved it so i got went and got absolution, this was right before BHAR came out and i got that right after and though it was amazing so i was hooked and went out and grabbed all the media on them i could cd's dvd's all that good stuff

First Muse song I heard was "Our Time is Running Out" on some Euro 2004 video, and after that I was hooked.

When I first heard them I just noticed like how they just don't sound like the typical rock stuff that's popular nowadays, u know the ones that play the same crap over and over again with new retarded lyrics.

Even in Time Is Running Out I could hear the Eastern influence in his music and that's what attracted.

I couldn't help but dance along tho, lol

For me, I was putting stuff away when Supermassive came onto MTV2. I had seen Muse on iTunes a lot, but I never checked them out until that day. I got on AOL and what got me hooked was teh TiRO video. I bought Origin and Absolution that day and Origin remains my favorite (don't hurt me, I just didn't like the second half of Abso that much). But I still don't own like 3 tracks of BHaR and all of Showbiz.

2004 and the song was Micro Cuts. I was like WTF!? Keep in mind I was still going through my "Pop music is the shit" phase. I was deluded before that. Absolution came out here and I saw it at Best Buy. I listened to a few songs there and bought it. Ta da!

2005 or sometime - "what's this absolution album eh?" *skipped to TIRO with nice bass intro*

"hey...this song is good"

spread to SFA, all of Abso, SMBH off BHAR, and the rest is history

my appreciation for the band increased when i realised matt played guitar AND sang the difficult vocals

then i saw a video of them live... woah

It was with the release of Knights of Cydonia. I thought "What the fudge?! Radiohead have cheered up a bit!" :p

Nah seriously it was 2001 and I had just heard Bliss. I didn't think much of it first two listens. Then it came on randomly at a mates house and it blew my mind. The following day Origin of Symmetry was mine, and i've not looked back since. :D

Guest Zemmm!! =D

First song I heard was Plug-in baby. I heard TIRO a few years after

I think I stared at my TV screen...completely amazed and entranced. It was...The best music I ever heard!

Since, I have adored Muse very much.

And I think whenever I did first hear...

...my mind liked Matt a lot...

...I just didn't know it...

=S

I want to say Hyper Music, and I'm pretty sure it is.

The first time I heard it was I didn't really care much for it, but after 2nd and 3rd time it became one of my favorite songs, and influenced me to check out more of Muse's works.

So now Hyper Music is my nostologic Muse song for me. It makes me appreciate Hyper Chondriac Music even more.

Archived