If muse were to retire next year, how would you have them go out...

With an album that sounds like they haven't got an industry exec's gun to their head and some live shows that actually showcase their more complex, creative and interesting pieces.

And some beef. Lots of beef. Guitar and piano beef.

Concert on the moon followed by a second night on Mars.

This.

An album that covers every style of music Muse have done, and more. Like the sequel to ShowbizOriginofSymmetryAbsolutionBH&RTheResistance all together.

Hmmm, a tour to every city in the world (thats a long pre-retirment plan) so they can play at smaller venues. Then a hugeeee gig, break the world record in gig size and guitar smashing.

With an album that sounds like they haven't got an industry exec's gun to their head and some live shows that actually showcase their more complex, creative and interesting pieces.

And some beef. Lots of beef. Guitar and piano beef.

:yesey:

This.

An album that covers every style of music Muse have done, and more. Like the sequel to ShowbizOriginofSymmetryAbsolutionBH&RTheResistance all together.

Hmmm, a tour to every city in the world (thats a long pre-retirment plan) so they can play at smaller venues. Then a hugeeee gig, break the world record in gig size and guitar smashing.

That would be amazing. Minus the all-the-cities-in-the-world part. You would just have to be most of the bigger cities in the world. Like the capitals of each country or something. :happy:

Go out with a bang! :p Like, world domination alien take-over invasion style, where they play a 12 hour concert whilst orbiting the Earth aboard Virgin Galactic, and broadcast via all possible satellites and communication channels, so that anyone turning on a tv, going on the internet or tuning into a radio anywhere in the world will only get Muse live from space for that 12 hour period. :yesey::p

..."sounds highly impractical!" :phu:

:rolleyes:

Go out with a bang! :p Like, world domination alien take-over invasion style, where they play a 12 hour concert whilst orbiting the Earth aboard Virgin Galactic, and broadcast via all possible satellites and communication channels, so that anyone turning on a tv, going on the internet or tuning into a radio anywhere in the world will only get Muse live from space for that 12 hour period. :yesey::p

:chuckle: I like this one.

1. make an album with absolutely no limits. let it be however they want it to sound like and with no fan suggestions or whining.

2. play the biggest gig they've ever played with as many muse fans from every country/continent/planet/galaxy. again, no limits. it can be as crazy, flashy, and pompous as they want it to be (i mean if you're gonna retire, go with a bang, right?) play all the songs they've never or rarely played live. and then play all the stupid hits :p

i don't know after that. :LOL:

1. make an album with absolutely no limits. let it be however they want it to sound like and with no fan suggestions or whining.

2. play the biggest gig they've ever played with as many muse fans from every country/continent/planet/galaxy. again, no limits. it can be as crazy, flashy, and pompous as they want it to be (i mean if you're gonna retire, go with a bang, right?) play all the songs they've never or rarely played live. and then play all the stupid hits :p

i don't know after that. :LOL:

Album with some limits but however they wanted it to sound like is The Resistance is it not?

Lot of people don't like this album.

I do agree, they should just go ballistic on the stage though.. Matt could stomp on his amp and jump into Dom like old times, Chris could carry both of them and just toss them or something. They should play all the songs that the diehards want to hear + songs that've never been played live..

Escape, The Groove, Easily, Eternally Missed, Falling Away With You, mix it up with album tracks and maybe have a guest apperance if Matt really wants it.

Album with some limits but however they wanted it to sound like is The Resistance is it not?

Lot of people don't like this album.

i liked it :supersad:

well they're retiring. and if i was retiring from their job, i wouldn't really care what my fans thought about the album that i made. i would just care that i love it cause its the last album i might ever make :). idk. maybe thats just me :rolleyes:

Release a good album, preferably more rock themed though you can throw in one love song and two or three piano songs.

Go on a huge world tour playing long sets. I'm talking 25 to 30 songs at minimum. End it with a 3 or 4 night stand at Wembley playing almost every song they have and with guest appearances by the Edge and Tom Morello as well as a full orchestra for Exogenesis and backing on a few songs for one night.

The whole tour they should be playing their hearts out, going crazy. Break their own record for most instruments smashed on tour. Give us the insane 2004 version of Stockholm Syndrome.

That'd be pretty cool

i liked it :supersad:

well they're retiring. and if i was retiring from their job, i wouldn't really care what my fans thought about the album that i made. i would just care that i love it cause its the last album i might ever make :). idk. maybe thats just me :rolleyes:

I like the album too, I don't get tired of it.

The last album would be like:

Neutron Star Collision: The Unabridged Symphonic Version

and then this board would explode and Doris would become self aware and turn into a massive alien and dominate the world.

Something like that

Release a good album, preferably more rock themed though you can throw in one love song and two or three piano songs.

Go on a huge world tour playing long sets. I'm talking 25 to 30 songs at minimum. End it with a 3 or 4 night stand at Wembley playing almost every song they have and with guest appearances by the Edge and Tom Morello as well as a full orchestra for Exogenesis and backing on a few songs for one night.

The whole tour they should be playing their hearts out, going crazy. Break their own record for most instruments smashed on tour. Give us the insane 2004 version of Stockholm Syndrome.

That'd be pretty cool

:yesey: I approve of both of these. ;)

Now here's an interesting question to discuss about this topc... (Hypothetically speaking, if this "retirement" happened) What song do you think should be the last song they ever perform live? :eek:

Even though it's my own question, I can' think of a good answer at the moment :LOL: Too many come to mind!

Maybe a beyond-epic rendition of SS and at the end instead of just smashing up their instruments they do an over-the-top version of what Hendrix once did and just pour lighterfluid over ALL the instruments and set it all on fire? :LOL: ...Or dynamite! :eek: Talk about going out with a "bang" :chuckle: (Yeah, these are ridiculous ideas... but I would still pay to see this shit go down :p)

Archived