If muse were to retire next year, how would you have them go out...

:yesey: I approve of both of these. ;)

Now here's an interesting question to discuss about this topc... (Hypothetically speaking, if this "retirement" happened) What song do you think should be the last song they ever perform life? :eek:

Even though it's my own question, I can' think of a good answer at the moment :LOL: Too many come to mind!

Maybe a beyond-epic rendition of SS and at the end instead of just smashing up their instruments they do an over-the-top version of what Hendrix once did and just pour lighterfluid over ALL the instruments and set it all on fire? :LOL: ...Or dynamite! :eek: Talk about going out with a "bang" :chuckle: (Yeah, these are ridiculous ideas... but I would still pay to see this shit go down :p)

Hmm, that is an interesting question. Right now it seems like KoC would be it, which I think is a great closer, but I don't think I'd want it as their last song ever. I think I'd be ok with SS with some screaming and crazy guitar playing (with freestyle riffage mixed into the song) and ended with some insane riffage. Maybe just free style tearing up the stage for 10 minutes after it before busting the instruments and then lighting them on fire :LOL:

In my version, instead of smashing everything up at the end, they would all play one last note, make one last powerful sound, and let it resonate as they release their instruments into space so that vibration could travel around the Earth and out into the galaxy. Don't know if that's physically possible with sound in space, but I like the idea of it! :p

And yeah, I think the last song ever played would probably have to be KoC. :yesey:

A Concert infront of millions including a live broadcast on TV and radio.

They will play ABSOLUTELY all their songs, Stockholm will be last.

At the end of the very last riff, a meteor, containing nuclear bombs and sharks with lasers, will crash into earth and destroy mankind and the rest of the planet.

Make one last album, then release a CD with the Greatest Hits + Videos of the world tour that they do after 6th album + a b-sides and rarities CD + a documentary on Muse's career that can all be bought in one boxset or seperately!

Greatest Hits (bearing in mind this would be for less 'hardcore' fans):

SMBH

KOC

New Born

Plug In Baby

Uprising

Starlight

Showbiz

Hysteria

Resistance

TIRO

Stockholm Syndrome

Muscle Museum

USOE

MOTP

Citizen Erased

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Sunburn

+ 3/4 of the best songs on their 6th album.

A Concert infront of millions including a live broadcast on TV and radio.

They will play ABSOLUTELY all their songs, Stockholm will be last.

At the end of the very last riff, a meteor, containing nuclear bombs and sharks with lasers, will crash into earth and destroy mankind and the rest of the planet.

Sounds good, then we could avoid being depressed and living without Muse!

Well, in a way, if they're going to retire, i hope they'll just... Fade out. Nothing big, no statements of this being ''the last show'', that would stress me out. I think it's better to burn out slow than explode at this point.

The Resistance is rubbish in comparison to older albums. nuff said :)

Maybe in comparison to other Muse albums, but in general it is a good album. It just seems that in the resistance there is only 4 'great' songs '(all of exogenisis and uprising), 6 'good' songs and 1terrible (IBTY).

I wouldnt say its problem is bad songs, it is just generally not as good as Muse can be.

I think they would annouce a massive world tour. I'd like to see them play every city (which has a venue), no matter how big the venue. Derby Assembley Rooms - now, that would be a gig, Nottingham Rock City (actually a local gig for me to go to)... Local or not, I'd go everywhere, follow them. They would have mix up set lists everynight. Keeping the crowd on their toes, rarities. Something different everynight, making each gig completly unique.

I think the way I'd like to see them end is by watching it all.

Yes, going to EVERY gig.

By doing a concert in the middle of the Mexican Meteor Crater that wiped out the Dinosaurs. They'd use their money to fly out all the crowd, obviously it's not an accessable venue.

After playing Exogenesis in full for a finale, including Part 4: Salvation, they enter a giant cannon which fires them into the Sun.

That, or they don't retire at 32.

IF they were to retire after the next album/tour...

Release an album that combines everything they've ever done; and they must put every ounce of passion and emotion that they have into it. The passion and emotion in their music is what makes me love them.

Preferably an album full of extremities. Half will be heavy riffage, screaming and wailing. Another quarter will be piano masterpieces. The last quarter will be love ballads (NSC, Starlight, etc.). Pretty much, an album that encompasses everything they've ever done.

For the tour... play in every state in the U.S. Then play every moderate-to-large venue in Europe. Then every country in Africa. Then every country in Asia. Japan gets 5 shows though, just because they are awesome. Even Antartica will get one show. New Zealand/whoever else down there will get one each. Australia will get ten.

And each of these "shows" is two days long. First day is regular set-lists (they ARE mixed up though), second is rarities. Stockholm Syndrome will not be played at any of these shows. Neither will Exogenesis.

For the final show, they will break every record. They will have a venue built for them that holds 10 million people. Whatever the loudest amps ever made are, they will be numerous around the venue, hanging on the side of the audience, with multiple on stage. The crowd will be full with their biggest fans. And some aliens.

They will play twenty songs that must include Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Dead Star, Showbiz, Muscle Museum, KoC (opener), Take a Bow, MoTP, New Born, Hysteria, and B&H. They can fill in the other seven. In any order they like (KoC will open though).

THEN.

Exogenesis will be played in full, with an orchestra behind them, sitting in giant rafters.

THEN.

Matthew James Bellamy, Christopher Anthony Wolstenholme, and Dominic James Howard will all play Stockholm Syndrome to the entire world. They will finish the song, play a few of their best riffs.

THEN.

They will play the Maggie's Farm riff. And go bonkers. Then on the last note, they will set down their guitars, Dom will set his sticks down, they will all say "Thanks very much for coming out tonight guys."

And then they will leave.

By the way this show will take place on December 20th, 2012, and end at 11:59PM. Just in case.

Wembley Stadium... the entire band drunk... rocking out to every song that is so fucking awesome and they normally never play any more... Matt playing piano... and Chris singing just a bit more for the end... and then they all blow up and take their fans with them to the amazing planet from which those three awesome men came from. That's how it'll end. But frankly, they're immortal. And you know it. MUSE FOREVER. THEIR MUSE WILL BE FOREVER.

OK So new badass album, huge gig, lasers, satellites, everybody's going crazy, (Jesus what's he doing to that guitar :pope: ,fireworks....etc. Dom steps down, grabs mic "You've been wicked - Cheers!"

All of a sudden a giant rocket lands centre stage and out climbs a Giant Preying Mantis! :rudolph:(no preying mantis smilies)

"Remember me?"

Matt:"Ummmmmm"

:stunned:

"You sent me up in a rocket you Pricks"

Matt:"Ummmmmm"

:stunned:

:indiff: "Ahhh! Screw it" (Picks Matt up and throws him in rocket) (Chris and Dom escape in costume :rabbi::afro: )

"Let's see how you like having your mind expanded!" (Rocket takes off for Zeta Reticuli)

Then the Mantis and Doris battle for World Supremacy

What happens next? Only one way to find out

Tune in tomorrow same bat time same bat channel

Archived