A muse song you hate

tillydog

Hoodoo is so good. It's criminal they never brought it back. It sounds like it isn't too vocally demanding for Matt, either.

Judging by videos and audio, it seems like it was one of those that didn't get much of a reaction and people tended to talk through. Pretty much an instant death sentence for a Muse song :(

Might mention it to Matt if this club tour shebang happens.

Judging by videos and audio, it seems like it was one of those that didn't get much of a reaction and people tended to talk through. Pretty much an instant death sentence for a Muse song :(

Yeah, that's often the way with a quiet restrained song at a gig. Lots of people in a big crowd don't want to stand/sit and just... listen.

Go for it. You got the hotline afterall!

Yeah, that's often the way with a quiet restrained song at a gig. Lots of people in a big crowd don't want to stand/sit and just... listen.

That's why I think this performance is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzfasgUmUJo

Amazing crowd.

I have no idea what this means but I'll try m'best :chuckle:

I'd outright request it directly instead of just slipping it in as a mention but there's just a couple of songs I wanna see a tiny bit more (COD + HTAILY). Hoodoo's a solid 3rd or 4th on the list though so if either of those get turned down, it'll be straight in.

Amazing crowd.

Yeah, I've said it before iirc but Japanese crowds seem great from what I've seen. Fun and responsive but also super respectful for quiet stuff as well.

Relating it back to Hoodoo, there's also that performance in Tokyo where they won't even clap and cheer until Matt tells them the song's finished :chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYrn6kGn7U

Amazing crowd.

Yes, that's beautiful. Like Jobby says the Japanese fans are fab - the Japanese in general have a reputation for being a superpolite people.

Would be good to have a 'listening' concert of the quiet songs and the orchestral stuff. Where we sit and listen, clap at the end. Josh Homme did an acoustic concert at Festival Hall about a year ago, where we did just that. One bloke got up to try to mosh and sing along and he got thrown out by three huge security guards. When I went to the loo one of them was sitting on him :LOL:

I have no idea what this means but I'll try m'best :chuckle:

Thursday night O2 Assassin? That was your doing wasn't it? Was a high spot of those gigs for me :)

ps can't help myself keep finding songs I love instead of songs I hate :$

Thursday night O2 Assassin? That was your doing wasn't it? Was a high spot of those gigs for me :)

ps can't help myself keep finding songs I love instead of songs I hate :$

Oh :facepalm: Yeah, it was the hotline part that confused me a bit. All I could think was "I only showed them a sign, I don't have their phone numbers" :chuckle:

Doubt I'll bother making another sign if there's a club tour though, be easier just chat to them before or after the gigs. Can mention/request a few things that way (and get BH&R signed :shifty:).

Oh :facepalm: Yeah, it was the hotline part that confused me a bit. All I could think was "I only showed them a sign, I don't have their phone numbers" :chuckle:

Doubt I'll bother making another sign if there's a club tour though, be easier just chat to them before or after the gigs. Can mention/request a few things that way (and get BH&R signed :shifty:).

haha no it was a metaphorical hotline - you showed them THE sign! I'm expecting great things of you if there is a club tour. Fuckitidoodah, can't believe I'm talking as though there really might be a club tour. No no, I will not go to the land of hope and ticket anxiety, I will not...

I'm expecting great things of you if there is a club tour.

Yeeeeah, not advisable :LOL:

Even if I managed to mention/request everything I mean to, there's every chance that exactly 0% of it will come to fruition :chuckle:

Can you all stop harping on about Hoodoo?

no

Oh boy, what a talk happened afterwards. I better keep my complicated relationship with "Hoodoo" to myself next time. :(

Yeah man, what Tjet said. None of us were having a go, just slightly surprised disagreement, showing you some different versions and saying we think you'll come round eventually. Pretty healthy discussion tbh, it's nice to have around here so defo don't feel like you have to stop sharing your opinions

If you think that's bad, you should've seen the board a few years ago :chuckle:

Oh boy, what a talk happened afterwards. I better keep my complicated relationship with "Hoodoo" to myself next time. :(

Nooo don't do that! :( You triggered some interesting positive views about a Muse song! And there was :eek: No Bitching! :eek: Nice in a thread that's set up by definition to be negative! Course Muse fans love being negative but looks like we got a double negative here --> Positive ;)

Anyway I recall you said you liked the Spanish guitar sound (or something like that)... and so do I. :)

Hardly a controversial opinion here: it's been almost a year and a half, and I still really, really hate Aftermath. Loathing, disgust, contempt, you name it. Stupid lyrics, boring solo, terrible vocal performance, rotten cheesy outro, all topped off with a rubbish music video for 9-year-old children. Horrible.

Hardly a controversial opinion here: it's been almost a year and a half, and I still really, really hate Aftermath. Loathing, disgust, contempt, you name it. Stupid lyrics, boring solo, terrible vocal performance, rotten cheesy outro, all topped off with a rubbish music video for 9-year-old children. Horrible.

I like Aftermath right up until the outro.

• 1 year later...

Archived