A muse song you hate

tillydog

They flow together because they're separated...hmmm?

Actually, I agree with you. Separate tracks or not, Exogenesis feels like a complete piece with appropriate transitions. The Globalist sections are jarringly juxtaposed together without much sense of flow. Either way, I wouldn't necessarily call either of them "a Muse song that I hate."

Well what I'm saying is that it's easier to make something fit together if you don't actually need to fit the pieces together. Remove the breaks between the tracks and suddenly Exogenesis doesn't flow so well anymore.

I hear you. At the end of the day, dividing tracks or not is basically just semantics anyway assuming one plays them in order as intended.

My original point was only meant to be an observation how 3 separate tracks flow together as one piece while another single track feels like 3 disparate pieces.

Hate is probably a tad too strong of a word but I strongly dislike TOADA (I'll reserve "hate" for the worst song ever written, "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith). TOADA's just really annoying musically. Shame, because the lyric topic is kind of interesting.

"Just" dislike are at least:Hyper Music, Mercy, TiRO, Save me, Falling Away With You.

Then a bunch of meh ones. Then of course there are bad songs like GL and Explorers but I would much rather listen to them than the ones mentioned above.

• 1 month later...

neutron star collision the one from the teen shiny vampires are nice but brown people are loose cannons movie lol. Being connected with that trash killed it.

Other than that, not really - Psycho tingy album, Drones thats it! - has a few weaker tracks that I dont really enjoy, but I would go as far to say I hate them.

The Drones track and its acapello is a waste of space, thats disliked purely for being well below par. I expected MUCH better, so in that sense it annoyed me.

Finally I dont think Muse does covers well, Matt is best singing his own brand of wails,they tend to really own their songs. This is reflected in the fact that I dont enjoy others covering Muse.

Didn’t we all assume Drones (the track) was gonna be some mad riff-fest when they announced the tracklist? :chuckle:

I think we originally thought it might be Reapers (from the ‘Drones!’ shouts that we got a clip of), until a gig or two into the Psycho tour when that title was revealed on sets.

I think the whole thing is just Matt at his most uninspired. I've said this loads of times but the fact that he took one Morricone ripoff, one melody from Unnatural Selection, one riff inspired by Helsinki Jam and then ended the whole thing with a cover is just...mind boggling. And to follow that up? Oh just another cover.

I hate the end of Drones for that reason. It's just cover after cover. Just come up with your own stuff already.

I quite like Drones the track, and continue to find some people hating it just because of the kind of music it is quite amusing. :chuckle: Even aside simply liking how it sounds, I just kinda admire them committing to a Gregorian chant track which means I can't hate it. Can't dislike IBTY for that reason either.

But yeah, Aftermath and The Globalist may as well not exist to me. The Globalist being rubbish really leaves a massive gulf of meh in that album.

Archived