Weirdest reasons for not liking Muse..

Liron

Ok, surely atleast some of you tried/try to make their friends listen to Muse.

Well, today I was in my car with my mum and I had this mixed Muse CD I made myself. My mum's reaction when I asked what she thought was 'I don't like them. The way the singer make each word long [i really don't know how to explain this in English, do forgive me] gives me this scary vibe.. makes me think of an haunted forest'

I'm serious, she used the words ghosts and forest. I was laughing for nearly an hour after that.

Important to say she likes Starlight and Unintended is her favorite all time song...

Did any of you ever get any weird, erm, reactions such as that?

i tried to make my friend nadia listen, but she gave the same reaction as when i tried to make her listen to slayer.......she said that muse are too loud!:stunned:

I suspect too loud would be the regular response of anyone who isn't that much into rock.

Heck, I was sure my mum was gonna say that :LOL: the haunted forest bit came as a bit of a shock.

Guest Lauren_Guyott

apparently, matt sounds like he's having some sorta ashthma attack when he sings, due the the gasps. stupid people

I tried to make listen to some of my friends but they just like new born,tiro and plugin baby but that's about it of what they like: "its too soft". metalheads ::LOL: i too think its soft, but i like to listen to muse sometimes(its true I heard them too much, got to take some distance before I'm all fed up)

I don't try to shove Muse into my friends' lives and make them listen to it, but sometimes I'll play a song and see what their reaction is. "They're emo" is a pretty popular reaction, and "They suck" is common too. The latter is their opinion, which I can respect, but Muse, emo? That I have to argue about, because it's just not true (by the modern definition). I'm convinced they hate Muse just because I like them :rolleyes:.

....I actually did forget how terrifying it is in here.

I'm running away back to the normal side of the board.

Whimp. The OT side of the board scares me more than anything else. :LOL:

Also...I get fed up of the "pompous" reason...ffs, that's what makes Muse so fun!! Haha!

Oh yeah, and the Radiohead comparison is one that always gets on my tits!

ok, my good friend, who normally shares my taste in music, hates Muse, because this guy who lives in her house practises Muse-songs on his guitar practically 24 HOURS, and I feel sorry to say that, but he is not improving at all:LOL:

so I understand my friend, at the same time I think this guy has the best hobby ever:LOL:

kind of difficult..:LOL:

Ok, surely atleast some of you tried/try to make their friends listen to Muse.

Well, today I was in my car with my mum and I had this mixed Muse CD I made myself. My mum's reaction when I asked what she thought was 'I don't like them. The way the singer make each word long [i really don't know how to explain this in English, do forgive me] gives me this scary vibe.. makes me think of an haunted forest'

I'm serious, she used the words ghosts and forest. I was laughing for nearly an hour after that.

Important to say she likes Starlight and Unintended is her favorite all time song...

Did any of you ever get any weird, erm, reactions such as that?

i get the one's that won't even give it a try and just say ..."they are overrated"...

but my mom actually doesn't mind the absolution cd...:musesign:

"The dude sounds like a woman"

"They are too whiny"

"ARGH..MY EEEEAARS!"

"They are bor-ring!"

"They sound like any other band these days"

"You can't dance to it!"

"All they do is shout" (:stunned:)

"They aren't rocky enough" (I hate that one :rolleyes:)

Archived