Weirdest reasons for not liking Muse..

Liron

"They aren't rocky enough" (I hate that one :rolleyes:)

Also, "They aren't metal enough."

metal enough? They aren't metal at all!

I was on some entertainment news website earlier that hated muse. It was actually quite funny some of the stuff they were saying (and once they slagged off live earth they had to retract their hatred and find them decent human beings.) Here's a few quotes as they tickled my funnybone a wee bit earlier:

It's odd, isn't it, how you can sometimes find yourself with a grudging respect for someone you previously had no time for?

Like when Michael Winner called Richard Littlejohn an "arsehole" on live television, thereby almost redeeming himself after producing years of misogynist hateful rubbish.

Almost.

A similar thing has happened with Matt Bellamy of rocker-types Muse. Hecklerspray, you see, hasn't really seen eye to eye with Muse in the past - mainly because they're a bunch of wailing unoriginal prog-borers who no doubt foam with excitement whenever they're within thirty feet of a Pink Floyd record.

Here's the final of our Mercury Music Prize betting odds for the week, for Black Holes And Revelations by Muse…

Muse: Black Holes And Revelations - Everyone thought they knew Muse; the band with the ten-hour widdlywiddly guitar solos and songs about the fall of the Roman Empire sung by a tiny man who sounds like a hyperventilating witch. Despite this - and a dogged determination to never be anything other than grossly unfashionable - Muse have become massive, and on Black Holes And Revelations they've only gone and got the bleeding funk, haven't they? If they carry on like this, we might even reconsider our deep-carved cynicism about them. Is it good? Um, sort of, although a bit of sodding restraint now and again would go amiss, you spiky-haired weirdo. Will it win the Mercury Music Prize? Part of us would imagine that Muse would be a handy outside bet - despite being a giant band, Muse aren't really considered to be all that trendy, and we wouldn't put the Mercury Music Prize panel above pulling a cunning quadruple 'ah you didn't expect us to do that, did you?' bluff. Current Mercury Music Prize betting odds - 16/1

Snow Patrol are presently signed with Peter Mensch at Q Prime management. They have another similarly monotonous long-dead rock act on their books called Red Hot Chili Peppers. Muse are also there, still throwing their one decent single release in the last five years around as a major comeback.

Best Live Act:

Green Day (Crochety old hasbeens)

U2 (Crochety old hasbeens)

Oasis (Crochety old hasbeens)

Muse (Guitar solos and a man shrieking like he’s trodden on a rusty nail)

Coldplay (Gits)google.com

(from a comment)

And before you start don’t try to tell me that Muse are avant garde - they aren’t. They are fronted by Michael Vaughan

So basically right there you've got I don't like muse because:

they're a bunch of wailing unoriginal prog-borers

they have ten-hour widdlywiddly guitar solos and songs about the fall of the Roman Empire sung by a tiny man who sounds like a hyperventilating witch

they're grossly unfashionable

They need some sodding restraint

They are still throwing their one decent single release in the last five years around as a major comeback

They have Guitar solos and a man shrieking like he’s trodden on a rusty nail

They are fronted by a cricketer.

http://www.hecklerspray.com/

:LOL:

sung by a tiny man who sounds like a hyperventilating witch

:LOL:

Meh I don't care much for critics even though I can act like one myself I wouldn't want a job like that.

And yeah about the metal thing.. why is that metal fans refuse to listen to anything but? It kind of annoys me even though I have friends like that :rolleyes:

i really hate the radiohead comparisons, because frankly i don't see it, atleast not since showbiz. i mean, would thom write SMBH? yeahhh... don't think so. I don't usually try to convince people though, it's there loss really, and i don't want people listening to them that don't fully appreciate them anyways.

oh, another annoying thing? "they're too over the top" ummm isn't that just apart of there sound? just like Queen or Pink Floyd? It's just the way they express themselves, and shoe off cuz i like it :D i just don't think thats a proper criticism.

I remember this website aaaages ago, basically just ripping the piss out of Muse. Some guy said (this is not a direct quote, this is me trying to do it from memory):

"His piano is all pedal and very little technichality. I went on the piano and bashed a few loud chords out and held the sus pedal down...sounded EXACTLY like Piano Thing. I can play that on the piano, too, it's a piece of piss."

:stunned: Er...no it's not, it's fucking HARD! Believe me, I've tried to learn it! :LOL:

And they were saying things like they were "prog gone wrong" and insulting Matt's songwriting and lyrics and piano playing and guitar playing...basically, everything about them that I love! :mad:

Corr, yeah I hate people who say matt can't play the piano. He's not a concert pianist, but very few people are (mainly just concert pianists are.) He is good at the piano. Much better than most people in rock bands today. People who endlessly go on and on about it are generally just trying to make themselves sound like they actually know something about the piano, when they actually struggle to play three blind mice on a childs keyboard.

About the 'not heavy enough' comments:

1. These people probably listen to Slayer. Their music taste is void :p

2. Muse do heavy when the time is right... not all over the place. Just listen to the final crashing detuned chords of Stockholm Syndrome: the sound is so overdriven yet compressed, along with the massive bass and the smashing drums. Muse when they want to are easily heavier than Metallica, or at least a band like that.

Corr, yeah I hate people who say matt can't play the piano. He's not a concert pianist, but very few people are (mainly just concert pianists are.) He is good at the piano. Much better than most people in rock bands today. People who endlessly go on and on about it are generally just trying to make themselves sound like they actually know something about the piano, when they actually struggle to play three blind mice on a childs keyboard.

He certainly plays the piano well but I think where the criticism comes from is how he plays live its become apparant more recently, that its because their live sets are so well thought out that they must play every note exactly how they thought out in the rehersals. I was even shocked to notice on one of the Wembley setlists it had scribbled on what should be spoken to the audience at a specific time :stunned:.

Matt must be an extreme perfectionist when it comes to playing live that he doesn't appear to have the guts to do more improvisation whereas if you watched someone go off on one a bit you'd be a bit like "corr, blimey, look at them!" Matt can still do that as long as he knows what hes doing before hand which is why some people may take a glance and go "meh"

He certainly plays the piano well but I think where the criticism comes from is how he plays live its become apparant more recently, that its because their live sets are so well thought out that they must play every note exactly how they thought out in the rehersals. I was even shocked to notice on one of the Wembley setlists it had scribbled on what should be spoken to the audience at a specific time :stunned:.

Matt must be an extreme perfectionist when it comes to playing live that he doesn't appear to have the guts to do more improvisation whereas if you watched someone go off on one a bit you'd be a bit like "corr, blimey, look at them!" Matt can still do that as long as he knows what hes doing before hand which is why some people may take a glance and go "meh"

Matt has said in the past, though, that he has never really got used to talking to the crowds.

And about the piano being exactly like in rehearsals..I can kinda understand that, but if you listen to enough live bootlegs, you can tell the differences that come night to night.

Matt has said in the past, though, that he has never really got used to talking to the crowds.

And about the piano being exactly like in rehearsals..I can kinda understand that, but if you listen to enough live bootlegs, you can tell the differences that come night to night.

Yep I know they don't like talking to the crowd but to know EXACTLY what they are going to say at EXACTLY a certain time is just wooooaahhh lol.

Yeah I can understand it too but thats what it comes across as and its like come on guys *poke* lol

some kid in my Biology class says "whats your favorite band"

i say "muse"

he says "i dont like muse they suck"

i say "why do you say that"

he says "i dont like gay techno shit"

hahaha

gay techno shite?!??! :LOL:

has he ever heard of muse and hoo does he like? :stunned:

gay techno shite?!??! :LOL:

has he ever heard of muse and hoo does he like? :stunned:

lemme think hmmmm

+44

3 Doors Down,

30 Seconds to Mars,

AFI,

Alkaline Trio,

The Almost,

Amber Pacific,

Angels & Airwaves,

Anti-Flag,

Armor For Sleep,

The Ataris,

Atreyu,

Augustana,

A7X,

Bad Religion,

Bayside,

Blindside,

Blink 182,

Bloc Party,

Blue October,

Bloodhound Gang,

Bowling For Soup,

Bullet For My Valentine,

Catch 22,

Endwell,

Daughtry,

Dashboard Confessional,

The Fray,

FATA,

From First To Last,

Goot,

Green Day,

Hawthorne Heights,.... and such...i got these from his myspace

All I ever get is a lot of diss about poor old Muse. These include:

1 Ugh, ghastly, too widdly diddly, too camp and over dramatic. Reminds me of Queen and Mika and they all belong in Room 101. Oh and Matt's short too ha ha ha!

2 Too shrill for me.

3 Gives me a headache, switch it off it stops me concentrating. I can't think straight when i hear them. This noise distresses me greatly, I'll have close the door so I can't hear it etc etc

4 Makes me want to slash my wrists its so depressing.

6 Oh the drama of it all. Too tiring and too much like hard work. Space Dementia is hilarious though; I played that to all my mates and they laughed and laughed and so did I because its ridiculous.

7 Whiny miserable indie shit. You should really listen to Akon. He's good.

8 Who? (They did Starlight. You know the one; dum dum dum de dum dum dum etc etc) Faint look of possible recognition crosses face. No I don't know who they. I like Snow Patrol and Keane though, they do this popular music thing as well.

9 Minor keys. Yuck. Only music in the major key is any good.

10 Weird. But then so are you.

It's a hard life being a Muse fan. Only those with a thick skin need apply.

lemme think hmmmm

+44

3 Doors Down,

30 Seconds to Mars,

AFI,

Alkaline Trio,

The Almost,

Amber Pacific,

Angels & Airwaves,

Anti-Flag,

Armor For Sleep,

The Ataris,

Atreyu,

Augustana,

A7X,

Bad Religion,

Bayside,

Blindside,

Blink 182,

Bloc Party,

Blue October,

Bloodhound Gang,

Bowling For Soup,

Bullet For My Valentine,

Catch 22,

Endwell,

Daughtry,

Dashboard Confessional,

The Fray,

FATA,

From First To Last,

Goot,

Green Day,

Hawthorne Heights,.... and such...i got these from his myspace

soo basically, mainly shite?

All I ever get is a lot of diss about poor old Muse. These include:

1 Ugh, ghastly, too widdly diddly, too camp and over dramatic. Reminds me of Queen and Mika and they all belong in Room 101. Oh and Matt's short too ha ha ha!

I was playing a load of muse songs on the piano earlier and my mum asked me if it was mika. *headdesk*

How can anyone confuse space dementia with love today?

Archived