Being such a big fan it's surprising Matt hasn't met Robert Pattinson, who plays vampire Edward, alongside Kristen Stewart as Bella in the franchise.

He said:

"I haven't met him yet, but we have a meeting scheduled. I am looking forward to it already. It's so nice that Robert and I both come from England. We will understand each other and have common ground."

a meeting with Rpatz? :facepalm:

Christ. He is waaaaaay too nice. :facepalm:

:rolleyes: Always has been.

Anyway there are just a few things in this article that caused me to spit out my drink:

The 31-year old singer and guitarist admits to being a massive fan of the vampire movie franchise.

Drummer Dominic and Matt look so alike they could be taken for brothers

Matt, who lives in Lake Como, Italy, goes horse-riding and diving. He split up with his Italian girlfriend last year and has been linked to Lily Allen.

:chuckle:

Maybe Matt actually wrote the Twilight novels in secret, knowing that they would be hugely successful in America. And thus when it came time to make movies based off the books, he could easily slap some Muse songs in to gain fans in America. It's a cunning scheme really. Explains everything as well. :unsure:

This whole thing confuses me. It's been edited to fuck.

But he says 'remember your music is important'. (Well, unless the DR have made that up.) But, to me, it doesn't seem as if the music is all that is important to the band anymore. Clearly being part of the Twilight franchise and and selling out somewhat is more important nowadays. Do they not look at this board? If they did, they would realise most of their fans hate Neutron Star Collision, and hate them being associated with the films. Unless that is why they are fans in the first place, because of the films.

Sure, it's admirable if a band/musician is just creating whatever music is inside them, regardless, but I don't think that's what is happening. I think they have latched on to this 'Conspiracy theory, aliens, goverment, spaceships' side of them, realising it's a great angle and will sell a lot, but I think they have sacrificed a lot of what people originally loved them for. And i think this Twilight lark is a part of all that.

I don't know why I ended up using this thread for my ranting :LOL:

that doesn't sound like matt's 'voice' at all. they edited the hell out of his comments, you can tell.

but of course, this is from the daily record... freaking tabloid :rolleyes:

I agree. This doesn't sound like Matt at all.

The only way I could see Matt saying half the stuff he does in this interview if it was Matt being Matt, and trying to give ridiculous answers to things.

I don't imagine he's even seen any of the Twilight films, even if he said he liked it. The idea of him swooning over a future meeting with Pattison is downright absurd. But this could be like when the band were asked what their fave song was, and one of them "Britney Spears - womanizer".

I don't read much into things they do or don't say in silly interviews.

Interviewer "I read that you said Plug in Baby is about genetically modifying a puppy to stop it from growing"

Matt Bellamy "Well, I say a lot of things"

The only way I could see Matt saying half the stuff he does in this interview if it was Matt being Matt, and trying to give ridiculous answers to things.

I don't imagine he's even seen any of the Twilight films, even if he said he liked it. The idea of him swooning over a future meeting with Pattison is downright absurd. But this could be like when the band were asked what their fave song was, and one of them "Britney Spears - womanizer".

I don't read much into things they do or don't say in silly interviews.

Interviewer "I read that you said Plug in Baby is about genetically modifying a puppy to stop it from growing"

Matt Bellamy "Well, I say a lot of things"

He did say that he saw the first twilame movie and said it was this generations....can'trememberthenameofthemovie... and he said thought it was alright but it seemed like he was just being nice..

I think it was with Zane Lowe. The one where Matt talks about becoming the worst producer ever.

But I still don't think the "Matt" that was in that interview sounds like Bellamy

This whole thing confuses me. It's been edited to fuck.

But he says 'remember your music is important'. (Well, unless the DR have made that up.) But, to me, it doesn't seem as if the music is all that is important to the band anymore. Clearly being part of the Twilight franchise and and selling out somewhat is more important nowadays. Do they not look at this board? If they did, they would realise most of their fans hate Neutron Star Collision, and hate them being associated with the films. Unless that is why they are fans in the first place, because of the films.

Sure, it's admirable if a band/musician is just creating whatever music is inside them, regardless, but I don't think that's what is happening. I think they have latched on to this 'Conspiracy theory, aliens, goverment, spaceships' side of them, realising it's a great angle and will sell a lot, but I think they have sacrificed a lot of what people originally loved them for. And i think this Twilight lark is a part of all that.

I don't know why I ended up using this thread for my ranting :LOL:

Sorry but I don't agree with any of that. I believe that Muse are continuing to write music they want to write, I don't think they have sold out, it's not true that most of their fans hate Neutron Star Collision, as more like it than don't, and to say that they use conspiracy theories etc just because they think it's a good selling angle is frankly ridiculous in my view. It is obvious that Matt takes a great personal interest in such things.

Archived