"it's so nice that Robert and I both come from England"

THAT...not something Matt would say at all.

"we will understand eachother and have common ground"

once again-does not sound like him at all. And when has Matt ever made any sort of referance as to being from england? It's always Devon or teignmouth (sorry if I butchered the spelling)

"I have to pinch myself everyday"

ok...now that is totally ridiculous sounding.

This article is crap.

Yeah this article TOTALLY does not sound like Matt in the slightest bit. I've seen most of their interviews and I can't picture Matt saying about 98% of the things in this. This seems like a load of crap. No offense to the person who started the thread btw

I wouldn't say there's anything distinctive that makes me think it's not Matt's words, don't know.

Maybe people don't want to believe that he is a fan of Twilight. But he could be making that up of course or the words could be edited. I mean he's never sounded like he has any particular aversion to it but being a big fan is another thing. When he met Emily on here she said that he said he knew it was a teenybopper romance but, from reading her words, it didn't sound like he knew that much about it.

Yeah I knew as soon as I saw this thread I knew that there would be people posting something to the effect of "From my in-depth knowledge of Muse as people I can tell this is fake - I don't like Twilight, therefore it is logical that Muse don't like it either."

"it's so nice that Robert and I both come from England"

THAT...not something Matt would say at all.

"we will understand eachother and have common ground"

once again-does not sound like him at all. And when has Matt ever made any sort of referance as to being from england? It's always Devon or teignmouth (sorry if I butchered the spelling)

"I have to pinch myself everyday"

ok...now that is totally ridiculous sounding.

This article is crap.

I've noticing him mentioning England quite a lot. I get the impression that he's quite patriotic as well, but why he would feel comfort from someone else coming from England I don't know, unless he was interviewed in America he could have just said that, thinking they would like it. I wonder if this has been taken from an American article. I'm not sure I can imagine him saying "I have to pinch myself everyday" unless he was just filling, but I can imagine him saying that he peeps out at the audience and the nervous energy gives him an adrenalin rush which keeps him going on stage.:)

It's possibly a cut and paste job. Maybe someone has picked bits out of other articles and guessed the gaps.

Yeah this article TOTALLY does not sound like Matt in the slightest bit. I've seen most of their interviews and I can't picture Matt saying about 98% of the things in this. This seems like a load of crap. No offense to the person who started the thread btw

Agree

The article is total shit:phu:

It doesn't sound like Matt at all.

I'm 100% sure he never talked to that "interviewer"!:yesey::yesey:

Yeah I knew as soon as I saw this thread I knew that there would be people posting something to the effect of "From my in-depth knowledge of Muse as people I can tell this is fake - I don't like Twilight, therefore it is logical that Muse don't like it either."
eh? nobody said anything like that. (not to mention i dont' even have opinion formed about twilight, as i never seen/read any of it :LOL: )

what me and others were saying was that the quotes did not sound like matt. i wasn't questioning WHAT matt was saying - but HOW he said it. ie. the quotes.

i definitely think they suffered a LOT of editing :p

eh? nobody said anything like that. (not to mention i dont' even have opinion formed about twilight, as i never seen/read any of it :LOL: )

what me and others were saying was that the quotes did not sound like matt. i wasn't questioning WHAT matt was saying - but HOW he said it. ie. the quotes.

i definitely think they suffered a LOT of editing :p

Fair enough.

Yeah I must admit I did think there might be a bit of that. A bit of denial.:LOL: There aren't any glaring errors that I can see apart from Matt and Dom looking very alike!

Yeah I must admit I did think there might be a bit of that. A bit of denial.:LOL: There aren't any glaring errors that I can see apart from Matt and Dom looking very alike!

Yeah, it just looks like the standard tabloid quote rewording. I don't know how they get away with it really. Matt most likely didn't say those exact words because it just doesn't sound like anything he's said before in interviews. It's a shame because I'd like to have heard what he did say exactly.

Again, should he not like twilight he's hardly going to tell it in an interview is he. 'Yes we are head soundtrack and the writer is a huge fan but these twilight films, man they're a pile of shite' :rolleyes:

But then, he really likes cheese who knows, he might be really into the bella-eds-jacob love triangle :LOL:

Yeah, he probably said something mildly complimentary as you would if you're trying to get in the good books of the audience and it got exaggerated into him being a big fan and oh dear what a shame he will miss the film! :LOL:

When he wears his Team Edward shirt we will know! :LOL:

The only thing I can imagine might appeal to him about the film is the "Love is our Resistance" kind of thing, as it has that Romeo and Juliet theme of people who aren't meant to be together surviving against the odds. :) Or not surviving as it happens! :chuckle: Incidentally don't know whether Edward and Bella survive or not!

BTW just adding that I adore that idea. Hugely romantic and totally hot! I just don't like these films.

Meh! Interesting, if not seriously edited piece of writing! From someone who writes articles, it's quite disjointed.

As you get older, you really don't give a shit what others think! Cool, uncool, who cares, so long as you, the creator, thinks it's good.

I agree this doesn't sound like Matt at all. The 'we don't care if it's uncool' thing I can easily see him saying but all the stuff about him being a huge fan of Twilight and arranging to meet Robert Pattinson doesn't ring true.

From previous interviews it sounds like he hasn't paid much attention to the books or films so to suddenly be a huge fan would be odd.

Archived