I wouldn't say there's anything distinctive that makes me think it's not Matt's words, don't know.

Maybe people don't want to believe that he is a fan of Twilight. But he could be making that up of course or the words could be edited. I mean he's never sounded like he has any particular aversion to it but being a big fan is another thing. When he met Emily on here she said that he said he knew it was a teenybopper romance but, from reading her words, it didn't sound like he knew that much about it.

It's not even that I care that he supposively likes twilight. I just think this whole thing sounds nothing like him

no matt, i get your point. twilight is such a wonderful movie, the actors are terrific and you know, the story is so damn interesting you can't believe it.

talking about great stuff, have you seen high school musical?

if there's gonna be a 4th movie, you can write a song for it. and i'm sure the production is nice enough to let you meet zac efron. :awesome:

seriously. it doesn't sound like him just because of how the answers have been twisted.

to be honest, it's not hard to believe he likes twilight (though it deserves a supermassive :facepalm:).

This really must have been miss quoted, it doesn't sound like Matt at all and he said somewhere else that he hadn't even watched the Twilight films, and mentioning Dido, well maybe he would I don't know but I don't trust any of this article, doesn't sound right at all to me.

it's hard to believe, a charismatic rocker like matt, saying some words like he's a big fan of twilight and want to meet the actor. contribute songs for a movie doesn't mean he like it that much, maybe he just feel like, "it's ok", "why not", or he just want to try something different with his music, not just around the gigs.

This really must have been miss quoted, it doesn't sound like Matt at all and he said somewhere else that he hadn't even watched the Twilight films, and mentioning Dido, well maybe he would I don't know but I don't trust any of this article, doesn't sound right at all to me.

The bit about Dido isn't in quotation marks so Matt didn't say it, the journalist did. I'd agree with everyone that's dubious about this article though, just shows how journalists edit what famous people say to make it suitable to hold the interest of the average tabloid reader! Lol at Matt and Dom looking alike!:LOL:

Also, I don't think he's likely to say he can't stand the Twilight films when they've brought Muse so much extra publicity and when the writer is a big fan that he's met. It'd be so rude if he did (even if it's secretly true)!

that doesn't sound like matt's 'voice' at all. they edited the hell out of his comments, you can tell.

but of course, this is from the daily record... freaking tabloid :rolleyes:

yeah, they made him sound really pretentious. Like, he has set up a meeting to meet Robert Pattinson, wtf? :LOL:

I do not believe that he "loves" the films. I can't imagine him being like, "I'm in the mood to watch Twilight.." NEVER. :LOL:

Guest Sarah-x
Matt has imprinted on Edward :eek:

:LOL:

this doesnt sound like matt, not his way of speaking.

he wouldnt get that passionate about this, he doesnt do that unless its about the band... oops sorry i mean his band :chuckle:

Well I'm a HUGE fan of Robert Pattinson's. Twilight not so much. It does annoy me when people refer to Muse as the Twilight band, but if Matt does likes it then hey, what can I say?

Must say I'm really excited for this so called meeting with Matt and Rob, both guys are freaking hilarious

no matt, i get your point. twilight is such a wonderful movie, the actors are terrific and you know, the story is so damn interesting you can't believe it.

talking about great stuff, have you seen high school musical?

if there's gonna be a 4th movie, you can write a song for it. and i'm sure the production is nice enough to let you meet zac efron. :awesome:

:LOL: Very funny. Just imaging Matt saying he's a fan of high school musical.:LOL: It's not that far off the mark though! :chuckle: When he starts reading Sugar we can start worrying! :LOL:

He said he liked Harry Potter but that's class, and appears to be totally in keeping with his personality.

BTW I can imagine him saying this:

Matt sees the band's early days when they had to play half-empty halls, as an important learning curve. He said: "I think for any band it's important. You can only really discover what's in you when you experience the really painful defeats."

Archived