Can i just confirm one part of that article is incorrect... yes all of it :p

but the line about the horse riding and fishing is am sure meant to say bike riding and fishing that i am sure i have sighted and well horses and bikes are completely different to one another thats for sure..

Seriously... Huge over-generalizing there. And I fail to see how Oasis never "made it big" in America. Their second album sold 4 million copies. If that's not making it, then certainly Muse haven't even come close to making it since they don't even have a platinum album. Jesus Christ.

I hadn't heard if them till this year(I saw them in Q) and I know tons of people who don't know who they are... :|

Matt added: "It's great to be involved and it's so much fun. I like the movies a lot. They're really good and we hope to continue with this and do another song."

Erm... no they're not good at all?

:wtf:

I don't believe this article.

Hey, I was thinking.... maybe the server should be named Stephenie Meyer, 'cause then when the server is down, everyone could say stuff like "Stephenie Meyer fail!" "Fuck you, Stephenie Meyer!" "Stephenie Meyer sux donkey balls!"

:awesome:

Hey, I was thinking.... maybe the server should be named Stephenie Meyer, 'cause then when the server is down, everyone could say stuff like "Stephenie Meyer fail!" "Fuck you, Stephenie Meyer!" "Stephenie Meyer sux donkey balls!"

:yesey:

I fully support this.

I'd say it's more likely that they submitted songs for the Twilight soundtracks because their record label advised it would be a good idea and get them new fans in America. I mean, it's obvious that the band have changed their musical stylings in order to fit in better in the US music scene as it is right now, I think beforehand their music was a little too sophisticated and different for the US market (which is why OoS didn't get sold over there originally).

Let us not forget that it was first an American label that they had to go to when they first got started. One could say that at the time their music was a little too "sophisticated and different" for a European label to see the quality of at the time. Do we always have to resort to these insulting generalizations? Damn. :mad: In the end, it took visionaries (at different times, of course) on both sides of the pond to recognize their greatness.

It certainly isn't just Americans that can be insufferably arrogant (assuming you aren't American...if you are, then I still say the assertions are terribly elitist).

(End of rant.)

I hadn't heard if them till this year(I saw them in Q) and I know tons of people who don't know who they are... :|

Oasis, do you mean? How old are you? ;) They were sorta a mid-90's thing here in the states (they had more staying power in the UK)

aaaaaaand now I feel compelled to tell my boring :chuckle: story about oasis...

Way back in like '96 I was working on a class project and found myself with 2 stereotypical dorky 15yr old boys who thought they were cool. One day they were talking about music and the subject of oasis comes up. Convo went something like this...

Kid A(:awesome:): Then there's oasis...

Kid B: Yeah, they're lame!

Kid A: Totally...! So lame!

Kid B: but they have that one song...

Kid A: Oh yeah, that ones kinda cool.... and that other one...

Kid B: Yeah, I like that one... I have their album..

Kid A: Me too, it's pretty cool...

Kid B: Yeah, totally...

Kid A: But they're really so lame...

Kid B: Yeah...

Me: :facepalm:

the end...

Erm... no they're not good at all?

:wtf:

I don't believe this article.

Yeah, I find it amusing that he's supposedly said that but from what I've seen even a lot of people who love the books seem to think the movies are not great.... but then, Matt certainly does have questionable taste... I mean, just look at his fashion sense ;)

:LOL:

Or maybe just "twilight" ;)

So, this article has proven that Matt is Twilight fanboi with no taste :p!

At first I questioned the validity of it, cos I thought Matt had said somewhere that he doesn't like the films... but, it's Matt. He babbles and changes his mind all the damn time, haha!

I don't care if he does or doesn't like the films, I just personally think this whole franchise is a pile of donkey shite!

Yeah, it's uncool to be on the soundtrack if you're gonna write cheese-infested love songs! If Muse on the Breaking Dawn soundtrack, too (will this ever end?!), are we to expect more cheese?! And will it be stronger than the stilton we've already been served in NSC? I'm dreading the title of the next one... 'Star Constellation Cataclysm (My Heart Is Full Of Love Which Is Forever... Snowflakes)' :p

PS - all hail server name change! I'd love to tell Stephenie Meyer that she's a broken retard :awesome: lol

“Yeah, I’ll admit it, I hate Twilight too. They told

me it was gonna be a movie about vampires, and I was like ‘Fuck yeah,

we’re in a horror movie with this shitty pop song I wrote!’. Then I

found out it’s not a horror movie, it’s some stupid fucking romance

novel shit with a creepy stalker. And they play baseball to o...ur song.

What the hell?

-Matt Bellamy [on Muse being ashamed to be a part of Twilight]

Yeah. I wish that was a true quote.

Maybe Matt actually wrote the Twilight novels in secret, knowing that they would be hugely successful in America. And thus when it came time to make movies based off the books, he could easily slap some Muse songs in to gain fans in America. It's a cunning scheme really. Explains everything as well. :unsure:

Anyway. I can understand why S. Meyer loves Muse. I love them too. I can understand - even though it's a little silly - why she mentioned them in her book. But I simply can't understand why it has so big influence on the band!

I heard there will be no more Muse songs in the Twilight movies. Well, I hate all the rumours. They spread so fast.

I don't think anyone posted the manip of Matt on a horse to this thread yet. Weird.

But seriously, it's not like people spell the woman's name wrong intentionally. It's the price you pay for having a name that is not spelled the usual way. I doubt it would bother her (and I say this as a person who has seen maaaaaaaaaany creative spellings of her first name and one very common mispronunciation... and don't even get me started on the torture that my last name has been subjected to ;))...

Making me think you're a Caitlin,

you're doing it.

Let us not forget that it was first an American label that they had to go to when they first got started. One could say that at the time their music was a little too "sophisticated and different" for a European label to see the quality of at the time. Do we always have to resort to these insulting generalizations? Damn. :mad: In the end, it took visionaries (at different times, of course) on both sides of the pond to recognize their greatness.

It certainly isn't just Americans that can be insufferably arrogant (assuming you aren't American...if you are, then I still say the assertions are terribly elitist).

(End of rant.)

Don't take it personally. I don't think Chizzle is saying American are stupid, labels are saying it.

I thought this was a hoax until i saw the link. Matt is just being diplomatic. Twilight probably made them a lot of money.

When i read this:

Or that they want to continue this run in next year's Breaking Dawn film and the rumoured second part of the final Stephenie Meyer novel in 2012.

I thought it said

Or that they want to continue this ruin in next year's Breaking Dawn film and the rumoured second part of the final Stephenie Meyer novel in 2012.

One letter. Huge difference. :rolleyes:

(End of rant.)

UK labels wouldn't pick up on it because Muse's sound before they got signed was considered by execs to be too similar to Radiohead, which is why they found it easier to get signed on at an American label initially. They liked Showbiz because it was generic rock that could get airplay outside of niche channels. When it came to recording OoS, the US label really didn't like it and wanted Muse to make changes for the American market. Like it or not, that's the way it was, no "insulting generalisations". And I'm English.

Making me think you're a Caitlin,

you're doing it.

no, that's not it :shifty:

That 'I hate Twilight' quote was made up by a fan. Matt never said it.

heh I think the only way anyone can believe that quote is if they want to believe it, so they willfully suspend disbelief. ;)

Archived