Yeah, but I mean it. Really, sometimes I think I'm losing my mind because my opinion seems to be different from what everybody else thinks. Maybe I'm just reading the wrong threads? But the last posts here were something I was thinking and I find it reassuring to see I'm not alone.

Which parts?

yeah, OT :$

What if the band DOES want to compete against Gaga or whatever top 40 artists there are, rather than being content to be popular on the Alt Rock/Modern chart? Sometimes I think that's the case, esp. when they talk about wanting to be the "biggest band ever" or whatever. :indiff:

Yeah, that's why I'm reluctant to blame the label (not that people were doing that here, but I've seen a lot of it in the past) Between Matt's comment I mentioned in my last post about the tornados to the stadium shows and then, of course, some of the recent music, it seems like they're more interested in being in the pop market than sticking with rock. But then they do things like Exogenesis, which while it isn't rock, I wouldn't call it pop...

I guess a lot of it boils down to them doing whatever they feel like, and if it's based in part on Matt's whims, it would explain the total lack of logic :chuckle:

And this time I really will stop rambling :$

Which parts?

Shit, it's almost 3am here, so I won't read back, I'll only quote this one post as something I very much agree with. I don't like how a lot of things Matt said recently sound like "We think that's how people like stuff, so that's how we're doing it".

I think it's good that it's that late, otherwise I'd probably write an essay.

"I don't really like these kind of shows. No real artists are made from them, just karaoke singers."

Now we know that it wasn´t their idea to give "Soaked" to Adam...or was it?

Even after having read the article,I can´t tell whether this is tabloid tosh,a sign of the times,Muse being tame to the hand that feeds them/taking the piss off the whole Twilight issue or a mishmash of it all.

I really don't want to admit that Muse is being tamed by their record label. But now I really wonder who's idea was it in the first place to put SMBH in that movie.:stunned:

It was Stephanie Meyers, she likes Muse a lot and wanted them to appear in the movie.

I find this article hard to believe, Matt likes Twilight? :wtf:

Also this seems really random, but I can't be bothered reading the thread and trying to make sense.

It was Stephanie Meyers, she likes Muse a lot and wanted them to appear in the movie.

Stephenie Meyer. :(

I don't like her writing, but I don't like it when people spell her name wrong either.

Also this seems really random, but I can't be bothered reading the thread and trying to make sense.

I don't like her writing, but I don't like it when people spell her name wrong either.

Here here!

“Yeah, I’ll admit it, I hate Twilight too. They told

me it was gonna be a movie about vampires, and I was like ‘Fuck yeah,

we’re in a horror movie with this shitty pop song I wrote!’. Then I

found out it’s not a horror movie, it’s some stupid fucking romance

novel shit with a creepy stalker. And they play baseball to o...ur song.

What the hell?

-Matt Bellamy [on Muse being ashamed to be a part of Twilight]

What the hell?

I've seen that around, is it a true quote?

I forgot an apostrophe :mad:

What the hell?

This sounds like it was written by a fan.

Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer

:pimp:

But seriously, it's not like people spell the woman's name wrong intentionally. It's the price you pay for having a name that is not spelled the usual way. I doubt it would bother her (and I say this as a person who has seen maaaaaaaaaany creative spellings of her first name and one very common mispronunciation... and don't even get me started on the torture that my last name has been subjected to ;))...

But if it does bother her, she can come talk to me... :p

What the hell?

:chuckle: I don't believe that one any more than the one in the original post...

Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer Stephanie Meyer

:pimp:

But seriously, it's not like people spell the woman's name wrong intentionally. It's the price you pay for having a name that is not spelled the usual way. I doubt it would bother her (and I say this as a person who has seen maaaaaaaaaany creative spellings of her first name and one very common mispronunciation... and don't even get me started on the torture that my last name has been subjected to ;))...

But if it does bother her, she can come talk to me... :p

It bothers me, I dunno, I have this weird thing for HATING when people spell names wrong. I probably shouldn't have said anything anyways, but whatever.

It bothers me, I dunno, I have this weird thing for HATING when people spell names wrong. I probably shouldn't have said anything anyways, but whatever.

awww.... but people aren't always going to know all the assorted spellings of a persons name, especially one as subtle as an E for an A.

tbh I never noticed it until someone (probably you:p) pointed it out to me. The brain fills in the banks in things like this, so my brain sees the start of the name and fills in the rest with the spelling I know :)

</still off topic> I need to get out of this thread :rolleyes:

EDIT: or blanks :p

awww.... but people aren't always going to know all the assorted spellings of a persons name, especially one as subtle as an E for an A.

tbh I never noticed it until someone (probably you:p) pointed it out to me. The brain fills in the banks in things like this, so my brain sees the start of the name and fills in the rest with the spelling I know :)

</still off topic> I need to get out of this thread :rolleyes:

Yeah, you do. I'm guessing you meant blanks, not banks. :p (My brain filled in the l.) :chuckle:

Archived