Do you think Matthew Bellamy reads the forum?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Matthew Bellamy reads the forum?

• Never.
    • Only when he's deadly bored.
    • On a regular basis.
    • Is on the forum under a pseudonym.

Matt has mentioned looking at it before, but whether he still does would be a complete guess so no point really in me responding to your poll!:) Dom and Chris have also mentioned looking but I wouldn't have thought it's that often.

Still good to be aware though, I think, that anything, anybody says on here could easily be read by one of the guys though! ;)

Yep, took me about 5 minutes to figure it out the old-fashioned way. I'm surprised fans haven't attacked his member page as badly as on MySpace or Facebook.

:LOL: Sorry. For some reason, the concept just makes me laugh.

Uh-oh. I think this poll may have re-introduced interest. My apologies. :LOL:

Well I looked at his visitor messages before and there were some really weird ones there! I expect people have given up with it though!

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=65654

Matt actually remembered his password.

TLDR :p

I find it funny how he didn't make an account till '03 :LOL:

I remember hearing Chris say once that they don't check the forums too often because 'of all the crazy shit that spreads around there....like Dom being gay...'

Not exact, but it was something like that XD

TLDR :p

I find it funny how he didn't make an account till '03 :LOL:

I remember hearing Chris say once that they don't check the forums too often because 'of all the crazy shit that spreads around there....like Dom being gay...'

Not exact, but it was something like that XD

This board wasn't launched until 03 so it would have been hard for him or for management to create an account before this existed.

would hope any of the band read the posts here between 'never' and 'rarely'; it'd do your head in to read all the crap people say about you if you're a public figure; that said, I'd assume they've learned to detach a little from other people's opinions of them or their music by now

was just thinking today, I wonder if it's good or bad to know when fans like your work? does it stop you from developing as an artist and trying something new, b/c you're worried it'll turn off a lot of fans? or is it helpful to get feedback to some degree?

True. I've only become a muser recently, and it's been...interesting weaving through the jungle of threads to find relatively intelligent people who don't suddenly turn fan-crazy on you or just psycho in general. Not that I mean to say fans are bad. In truth, the more fans they get, the better they do. Just that I wouldn't want to invite most musers over for tea and cookies. :LOL:

I think most of the Musers Ive met on here are a really great nice group of people. I cant wait to meet everyone at the gigs in the fall :). (of course you do still have some crazies:p but its myspace that scares the hell out of me:eek:, there's some really strange people on there)

would hope any of the band read the posts here between 'never' and 'rarely'; it'd do your head in to read all the crap people say about you if you're a public figure; that said, I'd assume they've learned to detach a little from other people's opinions of them or their music by now

was just thinking today, I wonder if it's good or bad to know when fans like your work? does it stop you from developing as an artist and trying something new, b/c you're worried it'll turn off a lot of fans? or is it helpful to get feedback to some degree?

I hope they don't read some of the stuff on here:eek: I don't see how they would have time to even try. They tour so hard and seem so busy. (and seem to try to keep their fans happy:LOL:)But in their interviews, etc, they seem so down to earth, sweet, and genuine (and hilarious too). Most celebrities dont even try.

On their scale? I'd find that scary in a mind-numbing sort of way. Not to brag at all, but a local band played a song I wrote not to long ago. They usually don't do original music, mostly covers of a variety of smaller bands. Just about killed me when I heard the first notes, but then, when the crowd got into it, I felt elated. Found out yesterday, one of their fans asked about the song, and Claire wanted to pass it on the comments. I think I hung up the phone before she could say another word, thought it over while my heart thudded, called her back up, listened to the comments, and then told her I would finish the next song for the band as long as she didn't pass on any more comments to me. It's not that they were bad. Just that, finding out someone liked my song suddenly changed my focus of my audience from a general view to whoever the heck this Josh guy was.

:LOL:

congrats on your song!!!

I know most recently I've heard Chris say he keeps up with the forum regularly, and I would think Matt and Dom do as well. They've referred to it too. I know Matt has talked about the "message board crazies" on several occasions. :rolleyes: He knows about the PMT and the 2010 Hottest Male board smackdown. :chuckle:

I also think whenever a new song/album is released they read the fan reaction to that. And I have a hunch the summer setlist polls for the UK/Europe gigs is at least in part because of all the static setlist moaning on here.

And I have a hunch the summer setlist polls for the UK/Europe gigs is at least in part because of all the static setlist moaning on here.

Me too! It just seemed to coincide so well: outcry for new setlists :shifty: setlist polls

I think most of the Musers Ive met on here are a really great nice group of people. I cant wait to meet everyone at the gigs in the fall :). (of course you do still have some crazies:p but its myspace that scares the hell out of me:eek:, there's some really strange people on there)

Ur telling me! :yesey: I look at some Myspace pages and go, wow! :eek: why did i visit here? **scared**

Because Kirk is special.

Exactly :chuckle: Kirk is special :)

I think they definitely read some of the posts here, but I don't want to know which ones. Maybe they just lurk around Banter (scary thought!), or maybe they read our reactions to the gigs and new songs (scarier thought! :LOL:) They obviously kept on top of the Matt vs. Dom Sexiest Male showdown, and I agree that the setlist polls appeared right when the moaning about the setlist was getting unbearable.

Archived