Do you think Matthew Bellamy reads the forum?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Matthew Bellamy reads the forum?

• Never.
    • Only when he's deadly bored.
    • On a regular basis.
    • Is on the forum under a pseudonym.

Well he has tried his hand at making a Muse lol (Doms head on a snuggie thing), and as has been previously mentioned there is evidence to suggest they do come on here

Though to be honest, it probably isnt a regular thing. I'd imagine that a lot of the time he has much more important things on his mind :p but it is nice to think that at this very moment he could be sitting at his laptop, watching our conversations...

oh, I found the article again and looks like I misunderstood it. :$

Chris meant Rotherham message board, not Muse message board that he reads every day. But either way, they do read it, just not every post. (and honestly, who does or has the time to anyway? :rolleyes:)

Here's the link: http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/roll/edz5/chris_wolstenholme__a_millers_museings_final_part_480114/index.shtml

I'm more bothered about what Chris said about this board!

I mean I know what it's like on our message board, they're supposed to be our fans and they're all slagging us off.

Awww!:( Not all of us slag them off! I don't blame him for saying "they're supposed to be our fans" though!

Sad! :(

So why does Tom's say he joined in '99? :wtf:

Just for the fun... Miss Blee profile says she joined in 1970 :LOL:

:awesome:

He is indeed awesome, but he only posts new threads in News. I do wish he posted among us. Having KirkBot as yer mate would be so much cool.

Mind you, he's probably just get inundated with fangirl comments trying to get to Muse. Poor Kirk.

I don't think all the posts from the kirkbot are actually from Kirk I think it's the account management use to post news. Anyway Kirk has his own account on here.

Ah, the only muser that makes me feel ashamed of myself. :$

I started this whole thing as means to figure out what musers actually thought, and unfortunately, for a few laughs. The stats this afternoon seem to indicate more musers would prefer to think MB's on here under a pseudonym than think he never reads the forum at all. :LOL:

Ok. I'll stop opining away on it.

Though, it does seem that when they mention fans in interviews, they general view musers as miscreants and psychos. When I came across it again and again, I started to think - Lovely, time to quit the forum. I mean we all do stupid things on occasion or rather say stupid things. There are some posts I made that I wish I could've taken back, but I don't want to be labelled in that fashion. In fact, I've been searching for nice, well-adjusted fans, and there are quite a few. Though, It gets a bit frustrating somedays.

There, I ranted again. Carrie - my apologies. I'm going to make an awkward retreat now and hopefully haven't halted another thread with my observations.

Aww sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad! :(

I just go on here because I love Muse and it's the only place I can express that, really.

I don't really think there's many psychos tbh! There's a load of moaners though unfortunately.

Though, it does seem that when they mention fans in interviews, they general view musers as miscreants and psychos. When I came across it again and again, I started to think - Lovely, time to quit the forum. I mean we all do stupid things on occasion or rather say stupid things. There are some posts I made that I wish I could've taken back, but I don't want to be labelled in that fashion. In fact, I've been searching for nice, well-adjusted fans, and there are quite a few. Though, It gets a bit frustrating somedays.

Aw, don't worry about it. I joke around with my friends that Musers are psychotic, but fans of anything seem that way to anyone outside of the fandom in my experience. And... have you ever been on a Zelda forum after the release of Wind Waker and then Twilight Princess (to a lesser extent)? OH MY GOD the moaning makes the setlist moaning here look tame and rational. :facepalm: /random example.

I think they probably have a look at the forum from time to time, especially when there's a new song/album out.

I can see why Chris thinks we're all slagging them off. People have a tendency to only see the negatives. Most posts in Main Muse are positive enough. Although maybe not the controversial opinions thread.

Well he has tried his hand at making a Muse lol (Doms head on a snuggie thing), and as has been previously mentioned there is evidence to suggest they do come on here

No... That was a gift from a member of the forum. She pasted Dom's face on it. I was there when she gave it to Brian Aubert to give to Dom. When Muse got it they posted pics.

I think they probably have a look at the forum from time to time, especially when there's a new song/album out.

I can see why Chris thinks we're all slagging them off. People have a tendency to only see the negatives. Most posts in Main Muse are positive enough. Although maybe not the controversial opinions thread.

I think it's pretty bad tbh! It's often the same group of people going on and on and on, and it's in all the threads where they have done something new which are the one's that I expect they read. There's a culture that encourages people to slag them off and penalises those that are happy and positive with what they are doing. It's got me down to read that tbh.:( Muse don't deserve it.

A part of me would like to think that Matt would get a kick out of something like the lolz thread. It seems like he has a sense of humor, and would get that the "jokes" are made with friendly intent.

Yes, some people here are crazy, but I think the majority of us are mature people who happen to share a common love for a band. Most of the time, I think we make fun of ourselves more than anything.

Edit: How did Matt know about "Team Matt" and "Team Dom" during the NME Awards voting? Did someone tell him? Or did he read it himself?

I think it's pretty bad tbh! It's often the same group of people going on and on and on, and it's in all the threads where they have done something new which are the one's that I expect they read. There's a culture that encourages people to slag them off and penalises those that are happy and positive with what they are doing. It's got me down to read that tbh.:( Muse don't deserve it.

You're right, the don't deserve it. But I still think the majority of the posters in main Muse are positive on the whole.

I'd say things are just busy tonight, and the forum is an expert on timing you out just when things get interesting. :LOL:

Drat. More awake now than I've been all day. Have to get up at 3am tomorrow for work. With the new song release, I've started thinking of things by GMT, which means its 3am there and I've got to get up at 9, only to be stuck at work during the premiere. :happy:

Try not to get all funny on me while I'm gone, and seriously, the mysterious guest is not MB. :LOL:

I was joking.

Matt only comes when he wants new jokes to make fun of Dom with.

:chuckle:

:LOL: I had that same thought! I can only imagine his reactions to some of the LOLZ.

I think Matt (and Dom and Chris) probably look at the forum from time to time, especially when there's a certain topic getting lots of attention, like the setlists or the NME "smackdown". Hopefully, they take it all with a grain of salt and know that for the most part, their fans are reasonably sane and very loyal. :)

A barrel of salt. :LOL:

Actually when Chris said about people who were supposed to be their fans slagging them off, it was in the context of not being able to judge whether or not a football team played badly by looking at the board where the fans were highly critical, meaning that the things that are said on these forums are not to be trusted, so hopefully they don't take it toomuch to heart.

It still indicates that Chris, at least, doesn't consider that is what a true fan would do which has been the argument of some of the moaners. All that crap about it being constructive criticism and they wanted to give them a kick up the arse because they cared about the band. :rolleyes: And all that stuff about it being banter between fans and the band that the band understood it! It's laughable really! :stunned:

/rant

Archived