Do you think Matthew Bellamy reads the forum?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Matthew Bellamy reads the forum?

• Never.
    • Only when he's deadly bored.
    • On a regular basis.
    • Is on the forum under a pseudonym.

I know most recently I've heard Chris say he keeps up with the forum regularly, and I would think Matt and Dom do as well. They've referred to it too. I know Matt has talked about the "message board crazies" on several occasions. :rolleyes:He knows about the PMT and the 2010 Hottest Male board smackdown. :chuckle:

I also think whenever a new song/album is released they read the fan reaction to that. And I have a hunch the summer setlist polls for the UK/Europe gigs is at least in part because of all the static setlist moaning on here.

yeah he does:LOL: or at least we like to believe he does cuz the tag sometimes changes :awesome: with a little "-matt" after haha and once at the end of a PMT there was one from matt and a "-dom" one as well...

so... dont burst our bubble and tell us it wasnt him :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It'd be more logical that someone whose paid to moderate the forum reads the posts and then brings it to the attention of someone higher up. Then, that admin guy mulls over it, considers whether or not to pester his higher up. If it's going to affect the band, then he brings it to his higher up who then passes it over to one of the decision makers who then approaches the band members about it. :LOL:

At least, that's how higher education works - vertical, lateral, and in no way directly connected.

What a fun job that would be!

"Yo boss, Matt and Dom are nominated for the NME award, do we tell them?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Oi Matt, you're up for NME's Sexiest Male award again."

"So?"

"Dom's up for it too."

"...well, who's winning?"

Important news only, of course. :LOL:

:LOL: Of course. Only the important stuff.

The pseudonym believers are making me laugh. I was almost tempted to set up a thread to ask people what muser on the forum they thought might be a band member in disguise, but the fall out on that would be horrifically epic.

Relevant Daria quote is relevant:

Keep your eyes open. Watch for people who are different. They know who they are. :shifty:

Well, there was that Snuggie Dom Twitpic... :LOL:

Chris said he reads the boards everyday pretty recently, though I don't know about the other two. Definitely enough to have a general idea of what's going on from what I can tell.

Chris said he reads the boards everyday pretty recently, though I don't know about the other two. Definitely enough to have a general idea of what's going on from what I can tell.

I loved that!

I also think whenever a new song/album is released they read the fan reaction to that. And I have a hunch the summer setlist polls for the UK/Europe gigs is at least in part because of all the static setlist moaning on here.

:yesey:

I would hope the members of the band read the reaction of the fans every once in a while. That's what keeps them in touch with what their audience wants.

Doesn't Matt write a wide variety of music? (duh!)

I remember in an interview Matt, or somebody said, that Dom and Chris have to filter through what Matt writes to make sure it is Muse-ish.

I know the purpose of a band changes with time, but if a band was detached from their original and new fan bases, the essence of what that band creates can become too detached from their original purpose.

I mean, music should evolve... not change ultra dramatically. There should still be that signature sound.

Can you imagine what would happen to Muse if they only listened to the record company??? :eek:

I think most of the Musers Ive met on here are a really great nice group of people.

Same here! I love my Muse buddies! :happy:

Because Kirk is special.

That he is! :happy::happy::happy:

When did he say that? I remember reading recently that someone asked him whether he read it and he said he did sometimes but the last time was a few months ago.

Dom said they read it when they do something new, like a new album to see what the reaction is. Though I reckon Dom read the Hottest Male threads. I think Matt may have read the Lily Allen ISP thread. Matt said once that he'd thought about coming on under a pseudonym and winding everyone up! So if we see Matt he'll be a troll! :LOL:

They're pretty hands on I think.

I may be wrong but I reckon Dom is the one who reads most frequently as Matt gets a bit freaked out by it, and then he lets the others know if there is anything worth mentioning.

Because Kirk is special.

:awesome:

He is indeed awesome, but he only posts new threads in News. I do wish he posted among us. Having KirkBot as yer mate would be so much cool.

Mind you, he's probably just get inundated with fangirl comments trying to get to Muse. Poor Kirk.

The point is they have said they've read it! I shouldn't think it's that frequent or for very long, but it's not just some silly fan delusion.

It seems like you are finding it a strange idea Julie, but it's not really that strange as they're just people who can go on the internet and read stuff, like anyone.:)

Chris said something about people finding it strange, though he might have been referring to twitter, I can't remember.

I agree that it probably wouldn't be a very comfortable read at times though. And editing as just looked at the poll - I doubt the forum gets read by the band as often as some people think it does.

When was this said? I thought I was all caught up on interviews. :LOL:

oh, I found the article again and looks like I misunderstood it. :$

CW: [...] Maybe unfair on one performance but it's difficult to get an impression from a message board. I mean I know what it's like on our message board, they're supposed to be our fans and they're all slagging us off. I'm sure it's the same with the Rotherham message board.

Do you read it very often?

CW: Yeah, I'm on it pretty much every day. I even registered on there the other day!!

Chris meant Rotherham message board, not Muse message board that he reads every day. But either way, they do read it, just not every post. (and honestly, who does or has the time to anyway? :rolleyes:)

Here's the link: http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/roll/edz5/chris_wolstenholme__a_millers_museings_final_part_480114/index.shtml

If I we're in Muse I would be scared of this place.

Some people on here are creeeeeeepy O.o.

But its either in here or in Banter (... or /b/anter like i refer to it)

It's not so bad, the real /b/tards are much creepier :p

oh, I found the article again and looks like I misunderstood it. :$

Chris meant Rotherham message board, not Muse message board that he reads every day. But either way, they do read it, just not every post. (and honestly, who does or has the time to anyway? :rolleyes:)

Here's the link: http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/roll/edz5/chris_wolstenholme__a_millers_museings_final_part_480114/index.shtml

Ah, thanks!! I feel the same way about the message boards, and fanship in general. I always wondered about the trash talkers here. Why are they still here? Then I thought about the trash I talk about my favorite sports teams. At least I don't go on those message boards! :LOL: I occasionally post a slightly negative thing about Muse here, but I'd say my posts are 99% positive, 1% negative. :) And I'm not being negative just for negative's sake, nor slagging off the band just to look cool like a lot of other members here do, but they're usually legitimate concerns!

Archived