Do you think Matthew Bellamy reads the forum?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Matthew Bellamy reads the forum?

• Never.
    • Only when he's deadly bored.
    • On a regular basis.
    • Is on the forum under a pseudonym.

Matt said the band takes into account the fans' reaction to their work when they release them , giving the example of playing MKUltra because the fans were asking so much in the forum .

About the sexiest male , they said they had followed the close competion between Matt's team and Dom's team , and this was on the forum , of course .

I feel pretty certain the guys have been checking on here (and by here, I mean the forum, not this thread specifically, lol, but you never know) to see the reaction to NSC. And well, the thought of that makes me wince. :( I'm guilty of voicing my own opinion of the song, but that's what we do, right? I certainly haven't gone overboard though, or personally attacked anyone. So if he has been checking recently, I wonder what he thinks about the reaction. Sure, there have been a lot of positive comments about the song, but I think the negative ones have been more numerous.

The fact that Matt posted in the wrong section suggests he's not familiar with the board at all. He must log in often enough to at least remember his password though (or he just has a really easy password)!

Yeah, comments on this forum can be harsh, sometimes people go overboard. But we should be honest if we don't like something. If the band checks the board (or gets someone to do it for them) to learn what their fans are thinking, they deserve our true opinions.

Fine, I'll bite and ask about exoterist. It's not in the dictionary, and I don't feel like spending more time looking it up :p. Is it the opposite of esoterist?

Back at the start of April, Chris had said that the last time he checked the forum was about 3 months before. However, I do get the impression that Matt does check it on a more regular basis (he has referred to it in interviews) ...or at least Tom or someone in the Muse team keeps them regularly informed. Surely one of the main reasons it is here is for them to see what their fans are saying.

I feel pretty certain the guys have been checking on here (and by here, I mean the forum, not this thread specifically, lol, but you never know) to see the reaction to NSC. And well, the thought of that makes me wince. :( I'm guilty of voicing my own opinion of the song, but that's what we do, right? I certainly haven't gone overboard though, or personally attacked anyone. So if he has been checking recently, I wonder what he thinks about the reaction. Sure, there have been a lot of positive comments about the song, but I think the negative ones have been more numerous.

I feel the same. :/

After this length of time I somehow doubt it. I would hate it if I were him. Sycophants get boring very quickly. It's a lot nicer to just stay out of it all, especially 10 years down the line, and especially at his age.

The reason I say this is because I myself have got very bored of my own sycophants and prefer to stay well away

Ok. So the pseudonymers aren't fully off. Found the interview quote:

Do you ever trawl internet forums anonymously?

I don’t actually. I’m a little bit out of touch on that front. I sometimes look at the message boards for the band but I don’t post any messages on there. At some point I might do, though – go on under a pseudonym and have a go at winding everyone up.

that would be interesting....:LOL:

Part of me hopes they do, but I think a larger part of me hopes they don't read the forum. Not because I've criticised them, cos to be honest I find almost no fault with them - some songs are better than others, but the very lowest I've ever rated a muse song is probably the equivilent of 5 or 6/10?

In fact I've been a little too praiseful. I'd never be so nice to anyone to their face LOL. I like having a repuation as sarcastic and a bit of a wind up, so if anyone ever linked my muse forum posts to me I'd be very embarassed. And since I hold the naive, futile hope of one day meeting muse, I'm hoping that they will have no knowledge of my musephile posts lol

Well with the thread that i have put up i would love matt to see it... And he will do excactly what the rest of us are doing pwod of the compliment and laughing about it.

And he will then wonder how this person knew about the bear trap on his nuts..

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Bloody hell....

Ahem, Pseudonymers have risen again. Almost 17%. Must stop laughing.

Ok. So, we're pretty much agreed that there are certain threads you don't want them to read, but is there anything on the forum you do wish they'd take a glance at?

:LOL::LOL: Oops, that last laugh was out loud. Must stay quiet and composed in the library. :LOL:

:p well esp not some of my threads that i put up and the responses i put up i mean whats it been so far.

Matt seeing an iceberg the size of ireland and calmly announcing the worlds ending, The bear trap and also something about the banana in the jungle no, no, no I dont want matt to see that as I feel i am a bit of a nutbar and those above might weird him out.

Final thought on this. Matt is too busy being the most interesting rock star in the world to read this puny message board. He is just too big time!!!

If he disagrees with music producers, it is because they are wrong.

He once was accused of harassing a female fan who was upset because he would not keep harassing her.

He’s a lover, not a fighter, but he’s also a rocker, so don’t get any ideas.

Even his parents’ advice is insightful.

The Muse fan shirts with him on the front never wrinkle.

The sold out stadiums where he performs can be seen from outer space and aliens often tune in.

He once spanked a female magician on stage. That’s right. You heard me.

If a monument was built in his honor, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame would close, due to poor attendance.

His pillow talk is years ahead of it’s time.

The toughest rock-stars in the business have been offered to fight him and all flat out refuse.

He has only fallen off of stage to dismount.

He has been known to cure women of frigidness, just by walking into the room.

When it is raining at his concerts, it is because he is sad.

Even if he forgets to put postage on fan mail, it gets there.

He once had an uncomfortable moment at a concert, just to see what it was like.

His cereal never gets soggy. It sits there, staying crispy, just for him.

Women want him; men want to be him.

He is Matthew Bellamy – the most interesting rock-star in the world!!!

Well, if he DOES come on here, I'd be interested to know what he thinks of all the abuse :LOL:

Seriously though, I voted "only when he's deadly bored" haha. I'm sure all three of them visit from time-to-time. I don't think anyone would be able to resist the temptation of being able to see what your fans really think of you ;)

And I totally :LOL:-ed at the idea of Matt coming on here and trolling just to get everyone riled up. Now I'm going to be wondering every time I see a highly controversial post ;):p

Guest Octazooka
TLDR :p

I find it funny how he didn't make an account till '03 :LOL:

I remember hearing Chris say once that they don't check the forums too often because 'of all the crazy shit that spreads around there....like Dom being gay...'

Not exact, but it was something like that XD

That's because this board was set up in 2003, to replace the old boards...I hear Matt regularly posted on the old boards on sex-themed threads. :eyebrows:

Guest Octazooka
Ah yes, the infamous sex posts. Of course, back then, they had a much smaller fan base to work with. (Stats on current membership) x (est. fans without the time, energy or resources to participate) = far too many people to even try to interact with online. Although, someone had to point out to me that he posted once on the new board since then. So, in theory, he has read something on here once. :LOL:

I agree with TrebleRose689. The forum would be a good place for a morale boost (see WildWilly's post above as an example), but really, when would someone like MB have the time?

The pseudonymers, on the other hand, surprise me everytime I stroll in to look at the stats. They're holding strong at almost 17%. As nice of a fan fantasy it is to think you're secretly interacting with your favorite rockstar, it's a bit out-there. No offense, babes.

I was one of the 17% :LOL: Cos there have been ghosty members around this board- I think they appeared around the treasure hunt last year. This dude pops into the thread and told us the apparent answer to one of the hints, and it turns out being correct. All of us hunted for him on his page, but he's not turned up since..

Guest Octazooka
Being a geek, I like looking at the numbers. Currently, there's around 115,340 registered members with only 15.395 being active. So, I'm guessing there would be a lot of coming and going. It's possible admin throws musers a bone here and there to keep things going, but do you really think MB's trolling the forum under a pseudo?

If he did...he's a total wanker for trolling around with us. :LOL: Then again, I don't think he has the time. :erm:

Archived