And how can we win

When fools can be kings

Don't waste your time

Or time will waste you

No one's gonna take me alive

The time has come to make things right

You and I must fight for our rights

You and I must fight to survive

I thought those lyrics were terrible when I first heard them.

Sure they are sandwiched between an orgy of guitar orgasms and a fuck-off riff, but the principle is still the same. :p

yeah see...these lyrics are actually pretty cool. nice and mysterious and just blunt enough to suit the music--they are also well delivered and not wayyy out in front of the rest of the mix.

'Come ride with me through the veins of history' vs.' dieee togettttha? really?'

I think people are taking this song a bit too seriously. It's not like this song is supposed to be some sort of revolutionary tune - it's one song for one soundtrack. I like the tune. Do I really need to care if it's emotional or full of riffs? I like it.

I feel like I'm being too serious. I'm going to go try another failed kneeslide now :p

I agree. It's a song they wrote for Twilight, so you can't really expect it to be the next coming of *insert your pick for the best Muse song*. If you like it, you like it, and if you don't, you don't. (I like it by the way :happy:)

Thats actually really pissed me off that someone has had the nerve to stoop as low as ageism, just because I like the cheesy lyrics.

I am 17 and what is this?

Oh sorry, I am clearly too naive and stupid to realise this song is "shit"...

im 18 in 4 weeks anyway so fuck you :awesome:

calm down already. it was said with a wink. the joke was in my post was that i wrote poetry like these lyrics when i was way younger than i am now.

:rolleyes:

bully for you being 18. you get to believe you know everything and that's a wonderful feeling ;)

see what i did there? i winked and made another crack at your age :awesome:

It's still just a bit too KoC ish for me. The lyrics are fine, nothing new there, but it just sounds too similar in the drumming and synths in some parts. And using a piece of existing classical as the outro again...is this gonna become standard instead of original pieces?

I think it'll be good live.

calm down already. it was said with a wink. the joke was in my post was that i wrote poetry like these lyrics when i was way younger than i am now.

:rolleyes:

bully for you being 18. you get to believe you know everything and that's a wonderful feeling ;)

see what i did there? i winked and made another crack at your age :awesome:

Wink or no wink, I still found it insulting...

Sorry for missing your post about your apparent ability to write...

...to write poems with lyrical content like this.

Oh and I'm also sorry for not reading the line in the "INTORNET GUIDELINES" that if you put a wink after an insult, that it makes the insult okay to say. :rolleyes:

Don't be hating on guiding light!!!

I am not gonna pretend to like it, sorry.

Fuck that's like the worst combo ever. They'll be many a slit wrist at that gig.

I'll just bring my iPod and listen to something else in the meantime!

On a scale of 1-10 probably a 5 or 6. The music was great, the lyrics/singing were like an afterthought - like no effort was made to make it anything special in that way.

Then again, would have it been worse if Muse made the best song EVER for Twilight? Or that they made a pretty OK song for Twilight?

Hmmm

It's still just a bit too KoC ish for me. The lyrics are fine, nothing new there, but it just sounds too similar in the drumming and synths in some parts. And using a piece of existing classical as the outro again...is this gonna become standard instead of original pieces?

Yeah but he'll forget how to play the outro and run off stage instead :LOL:

You just said the lyrics are fine.

In true Museboard fashion, the lyrical haterz are going to follow the respected member's opinions and conform to the belief that the lyrics are fine.

:LOL:

Muse are perfectly capable of the sexier tunes... I feel like they should have done something like that. The sleaziness of that TiRO bassline, and Supermassive's beat....

Side note:

Muse needs to get some more musical blackness in them, if that makes any sense. Just a smidge. I feel like it would ground them.

Archived