wow what is your guy's beef with the song? I'm glad the 30 second preview didn't do justice

I like it, not a LOT but it's different and it's kind of refreshing. Most of you are probably disgusted by the whole Twatlight factor but I'm not even thinking about that.

The piano outro is awesome. I'm glad they finally decided to put that bit they used to play live in an actual song. I've been playing it based on the 2003 Cardiff MP3 and after hearing it in this song I've clearly been playing it wrong :p

wow what is your guy's beef with the song? I'm glad the 30 second preview didn't do justice

I like it, not a LOT but it's different and it's kind of refreshing. Most of you are probably disgusted by the whole Twatlight factor but I'm not even thinking about that.

The piano outro is awesome. I'm glad they finally decided to put that bit they used to play live in an actual song. I've been playing it based on the 2003 Cardiff MP3 and after hearing it in this song I've clearly been playing it wrong :p

Okay, so after 5 listens, it aint that bad. I'm still worried about what this marks for Muse's future. I hope there after a quick buck and don't make too much stuff like this again. And yes I am singing along to it. But that's because it's been a while since there's been new Muse.

P.S, has anyone got high-res pics of the cover art, it's doing my head in not being on iTunes! :LOL:

Great song.

Say what you will about it being "cheesy" (that's such a

poorly defined word imo), but I love it.

Love the chorus, love the

verses, love the piano outro, guitar solo is the only bit that I think

feels a bit out of place.

Some would say it's not Muse's usual style, but I disagree, it's got

power, passion, synth arpeggios, epic piano and guitar, from what I can

see it just about embodies Muse in every possible way.

Love songs are hardly far off from their style, we've had UD, Starlight, we've had them ever since Unintended on Showbiz.

All these accusations of Muse having been Ruined Forever™ seem to me the usual

uproar of overzealous True Fans™ that occurs whenever something new is

released. I agree that the lyrics are pretty silly, but muse have always had that lighthearted side to them. If only we were as tolerant.

Uuurgh. I cringed so badly at the beginning. Especially when he said "Neutron Star Collision". :$ It sounds very fragmented. Like it's three different songs all pieced together.

Yeah that's what I thought, seems like a melay of different songs stuck together, bit all over the place. If they dropped making their influences so obvious it might not sound so poor. Nice piano though, which is prolly rachmaninov anyway.

Over an hour of listening to it non stop has just made me love it more :D

I agree about the piano throughout, i absolutely love it!

The guitar progression as the song kicks in, and especially in the chorus, feel like it's in the right place completely :)

The solo does sound a bit different, but i think it throws a nice bit of fun and keeps the tempo of the song going :)

Good job lads, keep it going! :D

Yeah that's what I thought, seems like a melay of different songs stuck together, bit all over the place. If they dropped making their influences so obvious it might not sound so poor. Nice piano though, which is prolly rachmaninov anyway.

i feel like i'm listening to a psycho love version of koc :facepalm:

can i just stay under my desk for the rest of the day? i feel :vomit:

I dont think that this indicates what Muse will do in the future. I do think that it is just a one off.

Having said that, at first listen I was really unsure about it. But now I am starting to like it :awesome:

And now the lyrics are understandable, going by what Matt said in the interview :(

Ok, I don't think I've ever laughed out loud at a muse song... but the beginning was so painfully cheesy it almost feels like they're taking the piss out of twilight, and us. :facepalm:

the song actually gets 'ok' when the chorus first comes in, but the knights style guitar? :noey: so random and doesn't work.

The chorus is pretty nice and I LOVE the piano outro, classical beautiful muse :eek: but all in all, the majority of the song can sort of suck it :p in a fun way though.

..the reasoning behind the song was definitely moving and maybe it's something matt needed to get out of his system, but I'll be infinitely happier if muse records their next album while listening to ratm instead of berlioz. :happy:

Yeah. And all Muse songs...the end bit is nice but yeah it is Rachmaninov...could have been worse but I don't think it's great. It just kinda is.

Archived