ya he says ocean.. i can haz more US "oooohooowwceaan"?!

I thought he said notion (noshuuuun) as usual it is impossible to understand what he says.

Nevermind, found it!

It seems to me like Starlight crossed with Resistance crossed with I Belong to You. I think I like it, but I also think this would make a great Eurovision entry. Though I like Eurovision so it's all good :p

Nah Guiding Light is a eurovision worthy song.

Ok, its not Knights of Cydonia, its not Exogenesis, but its Guiding Light, meets theatrical rock, meets queen, meets... well, muse.

Matt's vocals are knock out, the music sounds fantastic. The lyrics are a little obvious, but maybe the verses are more original and I cant help thinking ... belldom anyone?

Tune's all right, but the cheesiness REALLY lets it down - it sounds like it's desperately trying to be a cheesfest track that'll fit in well with the rest of the soundtrack to suit the cheese-shite film :LOL:.

I have to hear more before I can decide whether it's any good, but I think the lyrics will def let it down regardless - uber cheese is getting annoying, Matteh :p.

I'll place my bet now he says 'emotion'.

Yes I think you're right. I reserve judgement on the lyrics until we've heard them all. There's something about the song, particularly the instrumentals, (I like Matt's vocal, but the melody is just a bit repetitive in this bit) which makes me think it's going to be good. I think this bit may be the climax or precede some other contrasting bit. Really difficult to judge on 30 seconds but I'm feeling good vibes from it.:D

Whoever said Eurovision has it exactly right... it sounds like a Eurovision Song Contest entry... and that's not a good comparison :LOL:. United Kingdom - nil points :p.

Nah, I'm not gonna be brutal until I've heard it all - I'm just not thrilled with what we have heard. I think the tune and rhythm will grown on me, but I'll always be wincing with embarrassment at the lyrics. What happened to destroying the fucking spinless?! Now we'll love forever and die together?! :facepalm: lol.

The song preview is bland, uninspired, and lacks any musical genious which is typical from muse.

I'm sure they could have written this song (music + lyrics) in about an hour or so. At least the songs on resistance show depth and thought (even the 30 second previews).

Unfortunately this sounds exactly like a song that a band puts out on their "next album" after their "previous album" had a bunch of hits played on the radio. The follow up stuff is written like a formula for the radio and for popularity. Sad times.

:facepalm:

The song preview is bland, uninspired, and lacks any musical genious which is typical from muse.

I'm sure they could have written this song (music + lyrics) in about an hour or so. At least the songs on resistance show depth and thought (even the 30 second previews).

Unfortunately this sounds exactly like a song that a band puts out on their "next album" after their "previous album" had a bunch of hits played on the radio. The follow up stuff is written like a formula for the radio and for popularity. Sad times.

Hmm, I don't think Muse are typically lacking in genius. Who've you been listening to?

Easy to say in hindsight.

TR didn't have a bunch of hits on the radio.

So long as this doesn't have the effect that 'Sex On Fire' had on KOL, it'll be all good.

Archived