KirkBot

I remember Dom saying in an interview before the stadium tour kicked in that they were rehearsing songs they hadn't played for years.... Great! Can they actually play them live now!

I remember hearing that too...and that's what dissapoints me the most :( It pains me to say it but just playing CE and Bliss (and not even at every show!) is the easy/lazy option. Muse songs aren't the most difficult to play, and if Matt had any problems singing poll songs like Showbiz the band could just transpose them down like they've done with plenty of other songs. No real excuse there.

It's a well known fact that the band don't rehearse enough (Dom's mentioned it a few times) i really hope they get their act together and practice more in the future, and figuring out lights for the stadium show might take time, but it's still very do-able given some of the longer breaks they've been having during this tour.

The shows are looking really amazing so far, and the setlists for the most part are great, but they could be so much better with very little work.

Muse deserve respect for getting where they are no doubt about it but now they are there they are focusing too much on grabbing more fans than playing what the fans who got them there want...playing a Greatest Hits + New Songs (The Resistance) set is very very lame.

Every song Muse have brought back for this tour has been played within the last three/four years and have been former setlist staples.

Aside from new songs (Resistance songs/Neutron Star Collision), there is NOTHING new, fresh or 'rare' about the tracks Muse have brought back, with the exception of the one-off performance of Can't Take My Eyes Off You.

Every song Muse have brought back for this tour has been played within the last three/four years and have been former setlist staples.

Aside from new songs (Resistance songs/Neutron Star Collision), there is NOTHING new, fresh or 'rare' about the tracks Muse have brought back, with the exception of the one-off performance of Can't Take My Eyes Off You.

Cave was fresh and rare surely, or do you mean 2010 only, if so fair enough.

Muse deserve respect for what they have achieved through their own efforts and talent which is huge, massive. No one can ever take that away from them.

and equally so, they deserve a certain amount of disdain for the way they acted with certain parts of this tour (I again refer to the "rehearsal gigs" comment)

But they dropped it by Christmas, then played it once in early January. Probably too old or too much effort for them or something...

I was gutted to miss Cave, I was so sure they'd play it at Glasgow. :( It would be awesome if they played it at Wembley (I can dream!).

I feel your pain. At the first O2 date I got Feeling Good & Unintended, the second night got Cave & MK Ultra...

And the second night was so much better for it.

I still don't see why they only played Cave and Feeling Good at the same gig once. All those 16-17 song sets where they got one or the other, makes no sense.

And the second night was so much better for it.

I still don't see why they only played Cave and Feeling Good at the same gig once. All those 16-17 song sets where they got one or the other, makes no sense.

Mmm, it was the only gig I saw on the tour and was looking forward to it for months and I left so so disappointed, hence a tiny bit of bitterness expressed about Muse the last few months.

Yeah I don't understand at all, well I do but the word has been used too many times in this thread, lazy.

If the polls were the record company's idea and Muse didn't want them I can sort of see why they are not willing to play any of the poll songs. But it's a shame they don't see the gigs could be so much better with a few minor changes.

I'm not entirely sure how much influence the record company had with the polls, but if Muse didn't feel comfortable with the polls (for whatever reason), would it have been their choice just to say no?

If the polls were the record company's idea and Muse didn't want them I can sort of see why they are not willing to play any of the poll songs. But it's a shame they don't see the gigs could be so much better with a few minor changes.

I think it was more management idea with the agreement of the band but as I said it was used as a PR exercise/distraction instead of an actual way for fans to influence the setlist.

Mmm, it was the only gig I saw on the tour and was looking forward to it for months and I left so so disappointed, hence a tiny bit of bitterness expressed about Muse the last few months.

Yeah I don't understand at all, well I do but the word has been used too many times in this thread, lazy.

Would have been the same for me if it weren't for a ticketing cock up on sale day that left me with tickets for both shows.

I know how it feels. The BHaR tour I got short changed in every way (bar being at one of two England gigs to get Exo-Politics, oh how fantastic, help me buy another Muse t-shirt to celebrate). £75 on tickets alone to be disappointed by your favourite band twice in 3 years (out of 4 gigs) isn't cool.

It was fairly obvious that the poll results would not be taken into consideration considering some of the choices on there: Knights of Cydonia - a song that hasn't been missed off the set list since 2007 yet no Dead Star. It was a marketing tool for persuading new fans to come along and see Muse, not the older fans.

It looks like Warner is preparing Twimusers (Mulighters) to release of Greatest Hits in short time. Muse gigs don't look like their gig, it looks like someone told them which songs/outros they must play, what they must do (gesticulation on PiB chorus) etc. Guys, It's Muse gig, they are well-known all over the world, why they can't chillout and enjoy their success with fans ? Other band maybe will do, but it's Muse, I can only dream. Sad.

Archived