KirkBot

I dunno, I'm just beggining to think that on this board you can't declare what filling your having for your sandwich that your having for dinner without someone perking their ears up and having a go.

It's not that. I just think some people's points are just getting weaker and weaker by the year. And when they did get countered, they throw more and more hissy fits.

The USA is massive though. That is essentially the size of a continent so I can understand why they do so many dates there and I don't think on this tour they've been going there more times than needed.

Trufax that America is large, but so far on the entire Resistance tour they've only played two of their own gigs (excluding Tinny), and both in London at that. Then we have two more in London coming up, and one for the northeners - with more planned dates for the US and AUS to come?

Another thing thats been really frustrating me is that in all these festival interviews, Matt and Dom constantly keep saying 'Ah Festivals - we can mix it up and play some stuff we don't on the stadium tour', whereas they have actually played nothing that hasn't been a staple on the stadium tour (bar Bliss and CE, which are pretty much staples in that at least one is usually played) - plus they could go by poll results for the festivals and stick to their word but they chose not to?

Trufax that America is large, but so far on the entire Resistance tour they've only played two of their own gigs (excluding Tinny), and both in London at that. Then we have two more in London coming up, and one for the northeners - with more planned dates for the US and AUS to come?

Another thing thats been really frustrating me is that in all these festival interviews, Matt and Dom constantly keep saying 'Ah Festivals - we can mix it up and play some stuff we don't on the stadium tour', whereas they have actually played nothing that hasn't been a staple on the stadium tour (bar Bliss and CE, which are pretty much staples in that at least one is usually played) - plus they could go by poll results for the festivals and stick to their word but they chose not to?

Woooah, they played more than that fo' sho.

It's not that. I just think some people's points are just getting weaker and weaker by the year. And when they did get countered, they throw more and more hissy fits.

I agree, the same things come up time and time again (ie, the setlists, the polls) but as it continues to happen then surely the point becomes more and more proven?

Huh? Did they not play 6 in the UK? 8 if you include Teignmouth.

That's completely irrelevant to nearly every point people are making.

Yes, the personal comments are uncalled for, but I can't think of any better word than 'lazy' after a succession of painfully short arena tour sets, a horrible lack of setlist variety, choreographed, formulaic performances, failure to keep to their word R.E. the polls, etc.

Well it was directed at the people making personal comments so I don't see how it's irrelevant.

No time?

Because they rushed into a tour of the US with U2? Then had no time to properly rehearse their own stuff for fans? Actually, they must have had time to rehearse somewhere - they learnt Back in Black and WTSHNN?? (Which annoys me even more, so lets not go there!)

Because they rushed into a tour of the US with U2? Then had no time to properly rehearse their own stuff for fans? ACtually, they must have time to rehearse somewhere - they learnt Back in Black and WTSHNN?? (Which annoys me even more, so lets not go there!)

1. wtf is WTSHNN?
  2. Back in Black isn't all that hard to play to be honest.

Because they rushed into a tour of the US with U2? Then had no time to properly rehearse their own stuff for fans? Actually, they must have had time to rehearse somewhere - they learnt Back in Black and WTSHNN?? (Which annoys me even more, so lets not go there!)

When I said 'no time' I was replying to you saying they should have more UK dates. It had nothing to do with setlists. :erm: They have gottin so big in so many territories now that they need to do big tours of them all and not just the UK.

When I said 'no time' I was replying to you saying they should have more UK dates. It had nothing to do with setlists. :erm: They have gottin so big in so many territories now that they need to do big tours of them all and not just the UK.

I know, I went back to my original point that I raised earlier in all the ruckus. I understand they're big everywhere and need to tour everywhere, but I just think that constant touring, lack of rest and proper rehearsals is harming them as a live band. I guess the whole UK tour thing is more of a personal want then something serious - I retract that point.

And another quick thing - Muse can't blame curfews for playing short sets - Eminem did a whopping 29 songs at Oxygen(Sp.?)

I know, I went back to my original point that I raised earlier in all the ruckus. I understand they're big everywhere and need to tour everywhere, but I just think that constant touring, lack of rest and proper rehearsals is harming them as a live band. I guess the whole UK tour thing is more of a personal want then something serious - I retract that point.

And another quick thing - Muse can't blame curfews for playing short sets - Eminem did a whopping 29 songs at Oxygen(Sp.?)

I was just wondering why you quoted my post.

Eminem played about 30 seconds of most of his songs. It was annoying. He was on for roughly the same amount of time as Muse.

I was just wondering why you quoted my post. Eminem played about 30 seconds of most of his songs. It was annoying. He was on for roughly the same amount of time as Muse.

Probably pure accident :p

EDIT: and really? Ah I only saw the setlist and quite a few people saying that he did a massive set :s

To be fair they were lazy with the polls. They saw CE and Bliss on the top 5 and used those as their get out clause. These songs were fairly regular on the last tour so its not like they really have to learn much. And there are some songs that don't require much effects wise or learning e.g. The Small Print. That is just plain guitar with no fancy effects, very simple song.

To be fair they were lazy with the polls. They saw CE and Bliss on the top 5 and used those as their get out clause. These songs were fairly regular on the last tour so its not like they really have to learn much. And there are some songs that don't require much effects wise or learning e.g. The Small Print. That is just plain guitar with no fancy effects, very simple song.

In regards to learning, there are loads of Muse songs that don't take much practise to master I reckon. Muscle Museum? Showbiz? TSP? City Of Delusion? Assassin? The list is huge.

Archived