KirkBot

I'm referring to the people constantly calling them cunts and pricks. What kind of fans are these people? Yes, criticism is needed. There setlists are too static and often ignore fan favourites but there is no need to be so vulgar.

But that's always going to happen when you treat sections of your fanbase rather poorly (cancellation of the swedish stadium gig is a good example of this).

It's kind of clear how those people think, as they post in every thread that slightly pertains to setlists as often as possible with the same complaints that no one gives two shits about.

So basically, what you're saying is, you can only judge the way that people think based on posts that they make on a messageboard?

It's kind of clear how those people think, as they post in every thread that slightly pertains to setlists as often as possible with the same complaints that no one gives two shits about.

To be honest, I don't care about the setlists, I haven't seen them live on this tour because I think the last two albums are crap. I think their ability to make music has wained and that they have become a parody of themselves.

And it's clear how people think when they post in every thread with the slightest shred of criticism with the same points that are countered without having to resort to criticising the people making those points.

To be honest, I don't care about the setlists, I haven't seen them live on this tour because I think the last two albums are crap. I think their ability to make music has wained and that they have become a parody of themselves.

I wasn't referring to you then.

I just love how some people on here feel that they know exactly what Muse are like as people and how they think...

That's completely irrelevant to nearly every point people are making.

Yes, the personal comments are uncalled for, but I can't think of any better word than 'lazy' after a succession of painfully short arena tour sets, a horrible lack of setlist variety, choreographed, formulaic performances, failure to keep to their word R.E. the polls, etc.

Gigs like Oxegen, Turin and Goffertpark, Cave at Teignmouth, bringing MK Ultra into the set show that they do care and can pull it out of the bag but these incidents are so few and far between :(.

But that's always going to happen when you treat sections of your fanbase rather poorly (cancellation of the swedish stadium gig is a good example of this).

but they had to cancel really. there was no chance in hell that they would be able to play a stadium in sweden. they are NOT big here! was suprised when they announced it. they barely sold out hovet last year with only 8000 seats (including standing). But a festival tried to book them but mgmt said no apparently

That's completely irrelevant to nearly every point people are making.

Yes, the personal comments are uncalled for, but I can't think of any better word than 'lazy' after a succession of painfully short arena tour sets, a horrible lack of setlist variety, choreographed, formulaic performances, failure to keep to their word R.E. the polls, etc.

Gigs like Oxegen, Turin and Goffertpark, Cave at Teignmouth, bringing MK Ultra into the set show that they do care and can pull it out of the bag but these incidents are so few and far between :(.

And that note is one where I don't think it is unreasonable to call certain aspects of their nature into it. If they'd put CE or Bliss in as staples of the set based on the polls, it'd have been fine, but what they have done is got sections of the fanbase's hopes up, then let certain parts of them down in that regard with no good reason.

but they had to cancel really. there was no chance in hell that they would be able to play a stadium in sweden. they are NOT big here! was suprised when they announced it. they barely sold out hovet last year with only 8000 seats (including standing). But a festival tried to book them but mgmt said no apparently

Then why book a stadium? Play a smaller venue you can fill, but don't say you'll play a gig, then cancel with no reason given at all.

I've never in my life been around people who talk about other people in such a disrespectful, horrible way as this site, particularly about people who actually deserve respect. And I'm only responding to this post as an example. Whether or not people agree with the way Muse conduct their careers, there's no need for rudeness.

Here, here!

Then why book a stadium? Play a smaller venue you can fill, but don't say you'll play a gig, then cancel with no reason given at all.

I agree. but don't think that they could switch to a smaller venue due to the stage and all. But I don't see the fucking problem to put out a new date, later when the stadium tour is over! they didn't even say that they would try to find a new date.

And that note is one where I don't think it is unreasonable to call certain aspects of their nature into it. If they'd put CE or Bliss in as staples of the set based on the polls, it'd have been fine, but what they have done is got sections of the fanbase's hopes up, then let certain parts of them down in that regard with no good reason.

That's why I was very dubious of the polls as soon as they were announced... when I saw the "at least one" I thought all they will do is pick CE and Bliss because people will vote for those 2 songs en masse and play right into Muse's game. I was really hoping for a top 5 without those 2 but alas nothing.

Those polls were just a distraction for the fans, if they had wanted to do them correctly they would have excluded all songs they were already planning to play and all staples for the arena tour. All management did was copy and paste the album tracklistings (I mean Intro and Interlude...really?) and threw a couple of random b-sides in there.

I can't believe Muse fans are arguing so aggressively with each other.

Then again, they are Muse fans.

*puts on TSP to fit the scene*

Ba doom and tish.

Is it aggressive though? I'd say uptight, yes, but not aggressive. Aggressive would be doing a Jon Gaunt and calling someone a nazi.

I've never in my life been around people who talk about other people in such a disrespectful, horrible way as this site, particularly about people who actually deserve respect. And I'm only responding to this post as an example. Whether or not people agree with the way Muse conduct their careers, there's no need for rudeness.

amen sister.

The Sweden thing is a bit of a farce, but then again, they've not really done a proper UK tour for a while, whereas the US gets like over 20 dates; something I hope they consider in the future.

The USA is massive though. That is essentially the size of a continent so I can understand why they do so many dates there and I don't think on this tour they've been going there more times than needed.

That's why I was very dubious of the polls as soon as they were announced... when I saw the "at least one" I thought all they will do is pick CE and Bliss because people will vote for those 2 songs en masse and play right into Muse's game. I was really hoping for a top 5 without those 2 but alas nothing.

Those polls were just a distraction for the fans, if they had wanted to do them correctly they would have excluded all songs they were already planning to play and all staples for the arena tour. All management did was copy and paste the album tracklistings (I mean Intro and Interlude...really?) and threw a couple of random b-sides in there.

:yesey:

Ba doom and tish.

Is it aggressive though? I'd say uptight, yes, but not aggressive. Aggressive would be doing a Jon Gaunt and calling someone a nazi.

I dunno, I'm just beggining to think that on this board you can't declare what filling your having for your sandwich that your having for dinner without someone perking their ears up and having a go.

wait 2 years on two separate occasions to see your favourite band and be underwhelmed twice with their performances and song choices costing £80 on tickets alone and then consider seeing your favourite band blow you away with their songs, visuals and stage presence and then you'll see that if these occur at the same time there will be opinion differences and conflicts

T and Oxegen are two good gigs to compare and contrast. T got US in place of a Poll song (i.e. CE or Bliss), Oxegen got them both AND US which was really a replacement for the poll songs (And before it's mentioned that T got Map and NB, they're staples, Oxegen just got a total shake-up). It's the second night they've pulled something "special" out the day after a scottish date - On the arena tour, the next date was the first appearance of MK -

As I've said ad nauseum (I know you know this Laure, but I need to point this out for others), if they'd put either CE or Bliss (heck, why not both?) Into the main body of the setlist, it'd have at least gave the impression they cared, but to add them now and then and ignore them completely at other points (Stade de Suisse, T in the Park) just gives off the impression that there are certain parts of the world which the boys have the attitude that they should just "enjoy what they get, regardless of [their] word", which is the totally wrong attitud to hve if they do.

Archived