I had wondered about that; it seemed like a LOT of work for what it ended up being.

Especially since Tom Tweeted out teasers of the process.

Yeah, it was a bit of a let down on that end. I did some digging and found out that Matt Hayslett (who filmed the band for this video) had recorded them and then the video came out just a week later, which makes it almost seem like the edits were totally rushed, given all of this SEKDEK stuff was done a month (two weeks before the green screen parts) before the video releae\se. Nevertheless, it's still pretty noteworthy that this lyric vid has more views than all of the other vids from this cycle. RIP Muse's mainstream appeal

Big Freeze is a very good song.

Interlude is better live than Hysteria.

And on the album. So much love for interlude, something about that tremolo picking is really spine tingling. Then there's the yawnfest of Hysteria, yeah the bass riff is fucking epic but seems too much like a rip-off of Futurism (like Unnatural Selection is of New Born).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
He has a goooooooooorge voice
And he's so free in that range that he can easily make little melody changes and actually improve it in certain parts. Matt can't really do that because of how restricted he is.

Moshpits should only be allowed at the back of the standing floor, where there's space for people to run around if they must, and not at the front, where people are already squished together.

I'd love to see you in a tiny venue where even the smallest mosh pit takes up almost 3/4 of the standing floor :LOL:

I'd love to see you in a tiny venue where even the smallest mosh pit takes up almost 3/4 of the standing floor :LOL:

I've been in little venues when exactly that happens! But you wouldn't be able to see me because I'm 5'2" and weigh 7 stones (45kg) and when the moshpit explosion occurs I'm squished to the thickness of a potato crisp. Or I get caught on the edge of it having to push the big beefy blokes back into the pit. I quite enjoy pushing them as it happens, but it means I'm missing the gig and can't bounce/dance, because I'm having to push the moshers. And the moshers have made themselves loads of space to run around in, taking my fair share of space (and that of all the other people).

That's why there should be a designated area at the back. Where there's space. Like a soft-play area for kids. For those who want to run around at a gig.

Then everyone's happy! :LOL::p:LOL:

The studio version of Madness is a good song.

(no comment on the current dreadful live version)

Madness (post guitar solo) is one my favourite things they've ever done. Agreed about the current live version though, it's a shadow of its former self and needs dropped immediately.