Blackout is actually kinda shit. It shares many of the traits of some later Muse songs: barely goes anywhere, shit lyrics.

It's beaut, but boring

Heeeeere! :D

My annual Muse-crazy phase is almost over again, though. No gigs close to me, no live streams, it's too hot here to be crazy about anything really...

But any other time, I'm as fangirly as I can be. :LOL:

Haha, mine is still raging - since March :facepalm: Before that my last Muse-crazy time was 2009... wtf.. Except for the odd bit of <3 on facebook, I don't normally feel the need to ramble on about them like I do at the moment! But I still loiter on the board, even when out of Muse mode... it's all quite sad really

Haha, mine is still raging - since March :facepalm: Before that my last Muse-crazy time was 2009... wtf.. Except for the odd bit of <3 on facebook, I don't normally feel the need to ramble on about them like I do at the moment! But I still loiter on the board, even when out of Muse mode... it's all quite sad really

Not sad at all. (And that's my controversial opinion for today). :phu:

• 3 weeks later...

(Getting ready to duck...)

Keep in mind that I was slow to get into the band. More started with Absolution. It along with BHAR are my favorites. And, I have typically found Origin of Symmetry a bit overrated. Only started listening to Showbiz within the last couple weeks and I am kind of obsessed with it at the moment. For *me personally*, Origin of Symmetry is at best only a little better overall than Showbiz. In particular, I am not a big fan of Bliss-Space Dimentia (and New Born to a lesser extent).

I know...controversial opinion...am I the only one who thinks OOS is a little overrated?

Absolution is massively overrated. SFA, FAWY, TOADA, TIRO and TSP are all at the 'just decent' level, if not worse. Not to mention the poor flow and production.

I've never been able to see why it's so many people's favourite tbh. It's a pretty distant 4th for me, behind BH&R, OOS and Hullabaloo.

What does everyone find in Reapers? So many people loving Reapers:erm:

Reapers is just better than Revolt...

Like Tjet said, it's catchy and fun when it wants to be. Personally I love it for the electronic elements, like the use of the whammy + vocoders. I'd been dying for them to do something like that second tapping section for ages. The only downside is that I feel the verses and the outro are a little bit out of sync tonally to the rest of the song, even though both parts are good.

I love Revolt as well though so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Globalist works really well for me as a song with four parts; Reapers feels like some weird mashup of three different genres/songs that I am not sure fit well together.

Maybe TG works better because none of the distinct parts repeat, and just flow into each other, and Reapers it's actually the repeating chorus/verse/solos I don't feel flow well.