haze015

im sure this may of already of been posted, but i cant find my answer anywhere....but can someone please help me!.... this may sound silly, but how can i achieve that sound effect for the verse part of b&h at the start on guitar? cant get that clean sweepy sound from any of my gear.... please help a desperate fan!

im sure this may of already of been posted, but i cant find my answer anywhere....but can someone please help me!.... this may sound silly, but how can i achieve that sound effect for the verse part of b&h at the start on guitar? cant get that clean sweepy sound from any of my gear.... please help a desperate fan!

i assume you mean the live version? its just a phaser i think..

Fine, just pick an amp model you like the sound of and go. I didn't bother with compressor or pickup models.

Heheh, I didn't mean to sound like I was smarting off, it just didn't sound right to me. I didn't know if you did something that I didn 't. :LOL:

But thanks, I haven't been able to get Matt's distortion prefect on this pedal.

Ever.

Heheh, I didn't mean to sound like I was smarting off, it just didn't sound right to me. I didn't know if you did something that I didn 't. :LOL:

But thanks, I haven't been able to get Matt's distortion prefect on this pedal.

Ever.

and you never will

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I've bought a GT10 yesterday and the first thing i thought was "I want to play MUSE with this" but i've only managed to archieve equal sounds in terms of distorcion like New Born.. The rest like, hysteria, which i cant configure to sound the same or map of the problematique which has some crazy effects...

So i was wondering if anyone with a GT model can post some Muse patches or write configs for muse songs (any) because the searchs that i've made all go to dead links or unanswered questions about this..

sorry for the english :\

Thanks,

tuniq

• 3 weeks later...

2 questions.

1. How do you set your FF to feedback?

2. What is the benefit of a POD over other effects? It's like a processor isn't it? I'm not too good with this sort of stuff. I've read stuff about it and it seems to be an effect and amp modeller, but how useable is it? And how reliable (After my DL4 just died)

• 1 month later...

I've noticed someone else's post a few pages back about Hysteria on bass, and wondered if anyone can help me out with settings for what I have. I only have a Bass Big Muff, and a few random effects here and there.

A lot of the covers I see, say they only use the Muff. BUT I have yet to figure out how to achieve the right sound like that. Any help at all would really be appreciated :(

• 2 months later...

I'll just put it down here then (my search function isn't working..)

Does anyone here how to create the sound of the solo of Hysteria being played live? I'm owning a Boss GT-8 and I have been trying to imitate the sound, but I just can't get it right..

I'll just put it down here then (my search function isn't working..)

Does anyone here how to create the sound of the solo of Hysteria being played live? I'm owning a Boss GT-8 and I have been trying to imitate the sound, but I just can't get it right..

it involves a pitch shifted delay signal which cannot be done with you GT8 (I think?)

You should just use a long delay

for the solo in hysteria:

just a delay, 2 amps, and a digitech whammy is required:

set up like following:

plug guitar into input of whammy, dry out of whammy goes straight to amp 1, and the wet out goes into a delay with the output of the delay going to amp 2.

set the whammy to +1 oct pitch bend and push the foot treadle toe down.

listen to the album version or a live track to get the right delay time.

when you play you get a slightly delayed repeat thats 1 octave higher.

for the solo in hysteria:

just a delay, 2 amps, and a digitech whammy is required:

set up like following:

plug guitar into input of whammy, dry out of whammy goes straight to amp 1, and the wet out goes into a delay with the output of the delay going to amp 2.

set the whammy to +1 oct pitch bend and push the foot treadle toe down.

listen to the album version or a live track to get the right delay time.

when you play you get a slightly delayed repeat thats 1 octave higher.

to add to that, you want the delay mix fully to the right so you only get the wet, delayed signal going through.

although if you don't have 2 amps, a short delay time with the whammy on +1 octave harmony setting sounds fine :)

• 1 month later...

To get the Siren in Hyper Chondriac Music, I used a varient of radio fuzz. Except with stab at 7:00 and comp at 5:00

then I turn the comp left all the way, then turn the stab all the way.

Here's a sample [sorry for poor quality, recorded with crap mic :p:]

I don't have a delay pedal, so I used Audacity :LOL:

Edited by Weeman5872