haze015

He used to use 75 but now it's 68

Edit: Does anyone know what tempo Matt has the KP set to when he uses 68? I have mine set to 117 which is that of SMBH but it doesn't sound exactly right.

Edited by Tom!

He used to use 75 but now it's 68

Edit: Does anyone know what tempo Matt has the KP set to when he uses 68? I have mine set to 117 which is that of SMBH but it doesn't sound exactly right.

Dunno either, I had it on 120 assuming that was the standard tempo, but it's a bit off. Maybe it has to do with the moment/timing you put your finger on the pad?

Hm not sure. I'll have a listen in a bit. Stuff like that was probably done in post production.

the reason it thought it was played on the kaoss guitar, there is a lot of hammer-on's in that solo, as it'll free up the right hand for kaoss twisty stuff

the only bit of studio fotage of the BH&R studio, shows Matt playing on the then new black kaoss :)

the reason it thought it was played on the kaoss guitar, there is a lot of hammer-on's in that solo, as it'll free up the right hand for kaoss twisty stuff

the only bit of studio fotage of the BH&R studio, shows Matt playing on the then new black kaoss :)

Yeah I saw that, and it definitely sounds like it was recorded with a single coil guitar

I'm not sure what the effect is. It doesn't sound like anything on the KP2 that I've heard.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add amp settings for BH&R and TR ?

I don't have precise wishes but then I'm sure I have good settings advice when I start learning one of these songs.

I for example play KoC, Exo-Politics, SMBH, Uprising, TaB and Assassin from these albums. I tried to find the right settings but I feel like I'm always getting close but never getting it right.

Thanks a lot :)

I dont want to make a new thread. hopefully someone answers

Im putting the FF First then My WH4 but I lose tone. I tried switching them and I still lose my tone. Im using an Orange Amp, usually I just plug in the FF to get some good Dist, but when i want to use the whammy it just kills it. Does cable length matter in this case? 2 cables are 10ft. and the other cable is 6ft.

You can't lose tone, only change it.

Is your problem with the sound when the whammy's turned on? Or when it's bypassed too?

The whammy is a weird, glitchy pedal. It's never going to sound like an actual guitar. Fuzz pedals take your clean guitar sound and add a hell of a lot of extra frequencies. Clearly, the whammy is going to remove some of these. Putting a fuzz through a whammy is never going to give a great fuzz tone. The best optionto use fuzz and whammy at the same time, is to find a fuzz pedal that's not affected by the input impedance, so that you can place it after the whammy in the chain.

If you have a problem with the bypassed tone too, then you need to mod the whammy for true bypass, or buy a true bypass loop

You can't lose tone, only change it.

Is your problem with the sound when the whammy's turned on? Or when it's bypassed too?

The whammy is a weird, glitchy pedal. It's never going to sound like an actual guitar. Fuzz pedals take your clean guitar sound and add a hell of a lot of extra frequencies. Clearly, the whammy is going to remove some of these. Putting a fuzz through a whammy is never going to give a great fuzz tone. The best optionto use fuzz and whammy at the same time, is to find a fuzz pedal that's not affected by the input impedance, so that you can place it after the whammy in the chain.

If you have a problem with the bypassed tone too, then you need to mod the whammy for true bypass, or buy a true bypass loop

Yep when bypassed it also changes the tone. When put the whammy in the loop it makes the FF Pedal sound 5x more compressed than what it was set to and I cant find the same Fuzz sound that I had anymore, I tried moving the knobs around but no dice. So im kind of forced to take it off. at this point, thanks for the reply

Edited by JP4560

what i did at one point in put the whammy in a true bypass loop with a EQ in the same loop. Use the EQ to get the tone back to how it was before you brought the whammy into the loop and then bypass the whammy and the EQ when you aren't using it.