haze015

In the studio Matt put the FF straight into the deck on Newborn. That is the main reason it sounds the way it does.

I doubt that, I've put my FP through my mixer at home, sounds nothing like it, it sounds sweeter, more 60s like straight into the desk, I reckon it was played through his Marshall, really loud, only way I can find to get close to that sound is to play it in that fashion.

does anyone know the settings / effects jimmy page uses on 'no quarter'? i know it's not muse, but they are better :D

never heard the song, but i'm gonna take a wild guess and say mxr blue box - cos that's a pretty cool effect :cool:

• 3 months later...

Not sure if there is a thread for this but if anyone wants to contribute to whatever effects that sound cool, or if you have muse settings (amp, delay, etc..) here's the place. I have

Bliss delay intro on DL4:

digital delay Time: 5th dot Repeats: 6th Dot Tweak: 5th Tweez: 5th Mix: Up to you.

Hysteria Solo

multi-head Time: 4th Repeats: 3rd Tweak: 1st Tweez: 2 1/2 Mix: 7th

Hysteria Bomber intro

Multi-head Time: 4th Repeats: 7th Tweak: 5th Tweez 5th Mix: your opinion

I need to find out the echo sweep, i had it on there but it's easy to get i'll post later.

does anyone have any amp settings from the DSL100?

matt uses the auto-volume effect on his DL4 back in the day for unintended. you can hear it on hullabaloo well.. the DVD and at leeds. he also does that weird picking by the headstock on the strings that sounds awesome with delay and a whammy but whenever i try it i can never get it going haha.

the Time is Running out live version short delay is (DL4)

multi head , Time: 4th Dot, Repeats: 3rd Dot , Tweak: 1st, Tweez: 0 ,Mix 5th

TIRO solo live

Digi Delay TIme: 6th Dot (you skip the 5th which is covered by the name)

,Repeats: 4th Dot, Tweak 5th (12 oclock), Tweez: 5th, Mix: 6th

*add a phaser in there too

Plug-in baby short delay (use whammy 1 octave up)

Multi-head, TIme: 4th dot, Repeat: 2nd Dot, Tweak, Tweez at 5th dot (12 oclock) and Mix at 6th dot.

The almighty Sweep Echo used on Bllackout (live) CE (live) Bliss (live) MM (live) and many more. he also had(has?) used an expression pedal to make the Tweak and Tweez (basically a phase pedal) follow it.

Sweep Echo, Time: 2nd Dot, Repeats: 3rd Dot, Tweak: 3rd Dot, Tweez 8th Dot, Mix: 5-6

If anyone has any corrections please PM me and post them, or if anyone wants to know one and wants me to figure it out i'll do it. hope this helps.

yeah i've been using the sweep echo, i have a echo pro though, not a dl4 but i should be able to get it sounding something like it, the sweep always seems wrong, i guess i need to play around more, have experiemented with the delay much because i haven't had it long... what sort of delay time do you reckon?

yeah i've been using the sweep echo, i have a echo pro though, not a dl4 but i should be able to get it sounding something like it, the sweep always seems wrong, i guess i need to play around more, have experiemented with the delay much because i haven't had it long... what sort of delay time do you reckon?

Can you adjust the depth and rate of the sweep on the Echo Pro?

possibly, if so i haven't sussed out how yet... how do you do it on the dl4?

i think the mod might adjust the depth and maybe the faster the repeat rate the faster the sweep, i'll go have a toy with it maybe...

With the Tweak (Rate) and Tweaz (Depth) controls

ah well it doesn't have those maybe something doubles up as those controls...

no it does

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM01/Content/Line_6/PR/Echo-Pro-large.jpg

it's just like the DL4, the knobs that say tweak and tweez on the end before "mix" those are the parameters for the so-called phase in the echo sweep

go back to my post earlier with the settings and try to copy those onto the echo pro. it's the same thing but digital. good luck!

i also was using my marshall TSL i know it's not the DSL but it has everything in it. but i tried getting the sound matt uses during the hullabaloo especially like micro cuts and his basic DSL tube distortion. so if anyone wants to try it out here it is.. basically turn the volume up when no one is home to like 10.. or if someone has the spinal tap marshall.. 11... but then turn the bass.. to 7(or lower, i just thought it balanced it out) Middle to 2 and Treble to 5

check it out tell me what you think

no it does

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM01/Content/Line_6/PR/Echo-Pro-large.jpg

it's just like the DL4, the knobs that say tweak and tweez on the end before "mix" those are the parameters for the so-called phase in the echo sweep

go back to my post earlier with the settings and try to copy those onto the echo pro. it's the same thing but digital. good luck!

It doesn't have those controls on the Echo Park (Not Pro, my mistake, probably me getting confused, Damn you Line6 for confusing me :mad: But it sounds sooo good!), just a Mod control

It doesn't have those controls on the Echo pro, just a Mod control

i see .. tweak and tweez on that picture. those are for the phase depth and rate in the sweep echo. once you highlight "sweep echo" the lights go to "sweep speed" and "sweep depth" just like if you select "digital delay" the tweak and tweez are now at "bass" and "treble"

it's basically the DL4 just more buttons.

Its the ECHO PARK that doesn't have the Tweak and Tweez controls, not the Echo Pro

Sorry about that. Phill was asking about the Echo Park wasn't he?

The Echo Pro should have them, since its essentially a DL4 in rack form.

Its the Echo Park that doesn't have the Tweak or Tweaz controls and nothing to compensate. So worth spending the extra on the DL4 in my opinion. And you Lo-Res delay on the DL4, the best thing about the pedal.

yeah he said PRO haha.. but yeah i know the echo park doesn't have them, who'd want only 1 delay to choose from anyway.. ::fart::