haze015

yeah he said PRO haha.. but yeah i know the echo park doesn't have them, who'd want only 1 delay to choose from anyway.. ::fart::

:$ haha i meant echo park, its a pretty good pedal actually, except for the not being able to control the sweep. its not as ugly as i looks in pictures either thankfully

depends what you want really

GT-6 still sounds f**king awesome but there isnt stuff like boost switch and two amp channels

BUT

The gt8 sounds even more f**king awesome. Played it for a soundcheck for a battle of the bands and blew all the techies away. Takes a bit of tweaking but its worth it :cool:

End of space dementia with the rest of Chaotic Orange never sounded so good

Wanna get it cheaper? Get a job at a guitar store... £50 discount! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Fury:

set up

FF -> EQ -> Whammy

Whammy Dry -> Main Amp

Whammy Wet -> Delay -> 2nd Quieter Amp

i use:

Fuzz Factory on (O'Clock)

Gate 7 Comp 10 Drive 1 Stab 1 (adjust to preference 5 kills oscillation)

Delay - Reverse

Mix - full wet signal into 2nd amp

Repeats - 1

Time - about 3/4's of a second or something like that

Whammy - 1 up / 1 down Harmony

I think the neck pickup sounds best for the main riff, i trem pick it so that it all blends together and then just put in some bends and hammers/pull offs etc.

set whammy on octave up/down harmony setting and just freestyle with the treadle through the riff.

then turn the delay off for the verse and use the harmony octave down for a chunky sound in the verse riff.

then rock forward in harmony to up octave for the chorus then back to down harmony for the verse and forward (up) again for the chorus.

then rock back down for the little interlude then put the delay back on and freestyle the treadle for the riff and into the solo bit, then turn the delay back off and rock the treadle forwards for the chorus and then back down for the outro....

Fury:

set up

FF -> EQ -> Whammy

Whammy Dry -> Main Amp

Whammy Wet -> Delay -> 2nd Quieter Amp

i use:

Fuzz Factory on (O'Clock)

Gate 7 Comp 10 Drive 1 Stab 1 (adjust to preference 5 kills oscillation)

Delay - Reverse

Mix - full wet signal into 2nd amp

Repeats - 1

Time - about 3/4's of a second or something like that

Whammy - 1 up / 1 down Harmony

I think the neck pickup sounds best for the main riff, i trem pick it so that it all blends together and then just put in some bends and hammers/pull offs etc.

set whammy on octave up/down harmony setting and just freestyle with the treadle through the riff.

then turn the delay off for the verse and use the harmony octave down for a chunky sound in the verse riff.

then rock forward in harmony to up octave for the chorus then back to down harmony for the verse and forward (up) again for the chorus.

then rock back down for the little interlude then put the delay back on and freestyle the treadle for the riff and into the solo bit, then turn the delay back off and rock the treadle forwards for the chorus and then back down for the outro....

weird, i was going to ask anyone if they thought he used the harmony setting, i think the harmony setting sounds better, well for 1 octave up... for some reason it gives it more of a cleaner sound. but i don't think he uses a reverse delay. probably his short delay or the sweep echo. he did do "get a grip" live and it sounds as if it's a short delay and it was back in the day with the DL4

for people who have a Boss ME-50 here's some cool settings for Citizen Erased:

heavy bits: use the RAT distortion model with drive at about 2:00, bass at 1:00, tone between 1:00 and 2:00 and level at 12:00 (this one can be varied depending on your setup). ALSO use chorus with rate and depth at 7:00 (ie zero) and effect level between 11:00 and 12:00. the chorus makes the distortion sound louder (and kinda windy too) without losing any of the tone or the harmonics.

for the quiet bits you can generally do what you want, as long as you base it around a clean, slightly quieter sound and a little bit of delay. I use some phaser as well for the quiet riff immediately after the first chorus. experiment with the delay time - for the aforementioned riff I try to get an eighth note delay (so you get the root note and the repeat to each beat of a bar)

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got any decent DL4 settings for Deadstar? At the moment I just have a basic delay setting that doubles up the notes to give that machine gun effect when you mute the strings, but I'm bored of it now.

double up machine gun?? what setting is that?

anyway for the solo he does the hammer on/pull off using the whammy and sweep echo (look back on page 3 of my post). i'm pretty sure that's all he uses for that song. the individual picking is like picking twice as fast to get that sound.

Oh yeah, I know the solo bit, that's the easy part. I'm talking about the part for the verse on the studio version.

What I mean by the doubling up, is having the delay set up so it does one repeat nicely and sharply so it sounds like you played the note twice. eg. when you play

|---------------|

|-6-------------|

|----7-----7----|

|-------7-------|

|---------------|

|---------------|

it sounds like

|----------------|

|-6-6------------|

|----7-7----7-7--|

|-------7-7------|

|----------------|

|----------------|

• 9 months later...
Oh yeah, I know the solo bit, that's the easy part. I'm talking about the part for the verse on the studio version.

What I mean by the doubling up, is having the delay set up so it does one repeat nicely and sharply so it sounds like you played the note twice. eg. when you play

|---------------|

|-6-------------|

|----7-----7----|

|-------7-------|

|---------------|

|---------------|

it sounds like

|----------------|

|-6-6------------|

|----7-7----7-7--|

|-------7-7------|

|----------------|

|----------------|

watch the video of Fury in Montreux you get a nice close up of the chorus when he does that and he actually double picks (but I reckon he is using a backing track.. :rolleyes: )

• 1 month later...

Dunno if anyone is still checking this thread or if this has been asked in a different one but what effects does Matt use on The Groove? I know there's the whammy pedal at the start but it sounds like he uses some weird warbling type thingy all the way through. It's hard to describe but it just sounds more than just meaty distortion.