haze015

There's an answer in that other thread you made, but what else do you want to know in particular?

I think I still have the scans from a few magazines about what amps and guitars he used, but I don't know if any effects were mentioned.

There's an answer in that other thread you made, but what else do you want to know in particular?

I think I still have the scans from a few magazines about what amps and guitars he used, but I don't know if any effects were mentioned.

I was looking for more a precise answer. on the thread I made, all I got was fuzz factory. There's a million different settings for the FF, so it didn't help much.

I was looking for more a precise answer. on the thread I made, all I got was fuzz factory. There's a million different settings for the FF, so it didn't help much.

You won't get precise settings unless Matt himself or any sound engineers and road crew feel like telling us.

Fuzz Factories can vary slightly and it's not like you need to be precise with it at all, asking for precise settings just says to me you need to play with it more and understand it better.

You won't get precise settings unless Matt himself or any sound engineers and road crew feel like telling us.

Fuzz Factories can vary slightly and it's not like you need to be precise with it at all, asking for precise settings just says to me you need to play with it more and understand it better.

The way I worked it out was to copy the approximate squeal range from an old live recording of plug in baby or newborn or something else, I can't remember.

That gives you your drive and gate settings and you just adjust stab and comp for the song... I.e. newborn riff is comp off stab full, pib is stab adjusted to squeal note, blackout solo starts with comp backing off from full, etc.

Essentially, use your ears ;)

The way I worked it out was to copy the approximate squeal range from an old live recording of plug in baby or newborn or something else, I can't remember.

That gives you your drive and gate settings and you just adjust stab and comp for the song... I.e. newborn riff is comp off stab full, pib is stab adjusted to squeal note, blackout solo starts with comp backing off from full, etc.

Essentially, use your ears ;)

What I mean is, it really doesn't matter too much. Like with PIB, if the pedal is oscillating, it'll do.

• 3 weeks later...