Dominion, the green one definitely. The red one looks like a cheap kid toy haha. Idk like the look of black with red. :)

And to tom, I don't really see why a tuner is so important. I'm probably digging myself into a hole, but I would like to know why a tuner is needed badly :D

EDIT: Dominion has dom in it AND ITZ COLOR OF DOMMEH'S TROUSERS :awesome:

Dominion, the green one definitely. The red one looks like a cheap kid toy haha. Idk like the look of black with red. :)

And to tom, I don't really see why a tuner is so important. I'm probably digging myself into a hole, but I would like to know why a tuner is needed badly :D

EDIT: Dominion has dom in it AND ITZ COLOR OF DOMMEH'S TROUSERS :awesome:

why a tuner is important ?

Yah, I mean, tuning by ear is pretty easy once you get the hang of it :D

Haha, I probably dug myself deeper into my hole

I'd say a tuner is one of the most important things to any guitarist, you can go on about tuning by ear blah blah blah but half of the people that go on about it can't do it and the people who can can't be as accurate as a good strobe tuner.

Also at a gig I need to be able to tune up quickly and I can't keep people waiting whilst I tune up by ear.

at gigs you NEED at tuner, but at home/practice you don't

You need an amp at all three though, so better get an amp and borrow a pedal tuner for now.

I've got my DSL for gigging but it's just too big if I want to hook up for jams etc.

It depends how much you're gigging and what you're committed to then. If I was in a band, and I had a gigging rig but no tuner, i'd get a tuner. It wouldn't matter if I wanted a little amp to jam around on, i'd be concentrating on getting my gigging rig perfect.

If you're playing 2 gigs a year, then get the practice amp.

It depends how much you're gigging and what you're committed to then. If I was in a band, and I had a gigging rig but no tuner, i'd get a tuner. It wouldn't matter if I wanted a little amp to jam around on, i'd be concentrating on getting my gigging rig perfect.

If you're playing 2 gigs a year, then get the practice amp.

I think your right, thanks for the advice. I'll probably get the tuner and then the VJ.

Yah, I mean, tuning by ear is pretty easy once you get the hang of it :D

Haha, I probably dug myself deeper into my hole

Tuning at home by ear is easy, at a gig when there's other instruments and an audience, it's a whole lot more difficult.

Usually I just swap guitars :erm:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I decided to buy some new axe.

I am hesitating between the Squier Classic Vibe Tele and the Gretsch Double Jet.

229260.jpg

classic%20vibe%20tele.jpg

I want to play some old Rory Gallagher like blues-rock (and use slide) and I think both guitars could do the work. Which one should I buy?

Well I decided to buy some new axe.

I am hesitating between the Squier Classic Vibe Tele and the Gretsch Double Jet.

229260.jpg

classic%20vibe%20tele.jpg

I want to play some old Rory Gallagher like blues-rock (and use slide) and I think both guitars could do the work. Which one should I buy?

i've got the Pro Jet,which is the same guitar but with a single cutaway and it's stunning :) it's got the smoothest action of any guitar i've ever owned (and i've got a Squier Tele!)

i've played some of Rory's stuff on it and it sounds great,i can't recommend it enough!

I'm after a Fuzz Face type fuzz. I regret not buying a 60's Fuzz Face copy I once tried as that was near enough spot on what I'm after. I've been looking at the Roger Mayer, thought it's a good place to start, but anyone know of anything else worth looking at?

I could probably make my Fulltone Sweet work for what I want, but I'm not sure it's loose enough.

I'm after a Fuzz Face type fuzz. I regret not buying a 60's Fuzz Face copy I once tried as that was near enough spot on what I'm after. I've been looking at the Roger Mayer, thought it's a good place to start, but anyone know of anything else worth looking at?

I could probably make my Fulltone Sweet work for what I want, but I'm not sure it's loose enough.

i tried a slightly custom fuzz face clone that was handbuilt and made with nos components, it was nicer than the fuzz face the shop had in.. cant remember what make it was though, sorry!

i tried a slightly custom fuzz face clone that was handbuilt and made with nos components, it was nicer than the fuzz face the shop had in.. cant remember what make it was though, sorry!

Cheers! :p

I've tried stuff like the Fulltone '69, which was awful, Throbak Fuzz Haze, which lacked gain, not tried the Dunlop ones, are they still hit and miss?

Shame the Fuzz Factory is absolutely dreadful at being a Fuzz Face really, would stop me looking at them :(

Cheers! :p

I've tried stuff like the Fulltone '69, which was awful, Throbak Fuzz Haze, which lacked gain, not tried the Dunlop ones, are they still hit and miss?

Shame the Fuzz Factory is absolutely dreadful at being a Fuzz Face really, would stop me looking at them :(

mmm. this one i tried sounded very similar to an original fuzz face (tried it out next to one) but the gain went much higher and it had some kind of tonal control.. i always found the original fuzz faces to not go as far as i'd like (mental fuzz tonez), but this one was pretty decent, i didnt feel like i wished it went to 11.

edit: ...lol http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Very-Rare-and-Collectable-1960s-Arbiter-Fuzz-Face_W0QQitemZ150325312102QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item2300163a66&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

mmm. this one i tried sounded very similar to an original fuzz face (tried it out next to one) but the gain went much higher and it had some kind of tonal control.. i always found the original fuzz faces to not go as far as i'd like (mental fuzz tonez), but this one was pretty decent, i didnt feel like i wished it went to 11.

edit: ...lol http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Very-Rare-and-Collectable-1960s-Arbiter-Fuzz-Face_W0QQitemZ150325312102QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item2300163a66&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Already looked at that, tbh I'd just go rob one of my teachers from college who has 3/4 of original ones from the 60's.

If I just want mental fuzz, I have the Frantone, just need something loose and muddy for all my garagey blues nonsense.

Archived