I'm looking for a distortion pedal that could produce a similar sound to the distortion in Plug in Baby, New Born, unnatural selection ect....

I only have a budget of around £60 and I know I won't get a great pedal for that money, but if you could recommend me a good one it would be very helpful

Thanks

I'm looking for a distortion pedal that could produce a similar sound to the distortion in Plug in Baby, New Born, unnatural selection ect....

I only have a budget of around £60 and I know I won't get a great pedal for that money, but if you could recommend me a good one it would be very helpful

Thanks

Plug in baby = Oscillating fuzz

New born = Compressed Distortion/Dist fuzz

Unnatural selection = low gain

sounds like you don't know what you want?!

however, for New born/Unnatural selection a well dialled in Russian big muff will do the job depending on your amp and EQ, obviously...

Guest bshuker
heh, what are you doing on my internet?

sticking it to the man:

wtf u doin heer gtfo tiechun

IM FED UP OF YOUR SHIT BOY

much like 'tiechun', bshuker has fucked off hasn't he :(

you haven't touched any £10 mics have you ben?

icanhasbirdflu?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I finally bought a guitar but it needs two new pickups.

I have to admit that (as a bassist) I know nothing at all about guitar PUs...:$

Could you guys recommend me some? Looking for versatile ones, but yet again I don't want a combination that includes any single coils. The most obvious ones I thought of were: Kent Armstrong motherbucker, Seymour Duncan P90 and the Bare Knuckle Nailbomb.

Motherbucker+Nailbomb, maybe?

Any help would be appreciated...

Someone recommend me some 12ax7s and el84s plz. I like my amp spanky, bright and immediate.

Also recommend me a usb/firewire soundcard for my laptop that is cheap with awesome drivers !

chinese 12AX7s, and electro harmonix EL84s

you can try mixing your preamp tubes too - i recall the LC15 had three.

Alright, I finally bought a guitar but it needs two new pickups.

I have to admit that (as a bassist) I know nothing at all about guitar PUs...:$

Could you guys recommend me some? Looking for versatile ones, but yet again I don't want a combination that includes any single coils. The most obvious ones I thought of were: Kent Armstrong motherbucker, Seymour Duncan P90 and the Bare Knuckle Nailbomb.

Motherbucker+Nailbomb, maybe?

Any help would be appreciated...

Is there something special about the SDP90 that stops it from being a single coil then?

chinese 12AX7s, and electro harmonix EL84s

you can try mixing your preamp tubes too - i recall the LC15 had three.

Really? I was under the impression Chinese anything would be shit :LOL:

Yeah three preamp (two power) - not sure if they're all gain though, seems quite clean for that many gain stages...

Really? I was under the impression Chinese anything would be shit :LOL:

Yeah three preamp (two power) - not sure if they're all gain though, seems quite clean for that many gain stages...

That's generally the case (some of their power tubes are a bit questionable), but these are probably my favorite new production preamp tube. Your amp might have these already

Now, I was going to recommend chinese 12AX7s because they just sound good in these types of amps. But if you want to mix them, you can try a tung sol 12AX7 in V1 for example. that might give you a little more gain, and not as much grind.

I find V1 affects the sound the most, followed by V3, then V2.

You'll want matched power tubes of course, but I think electro harmonix is the best out there for the price and sound.

Also recommend me a usb/firewire soundcard for my laptop that is cheap with awesome drivers !

What are your requirements?

How many simultaneous tracks do you want to record. How many of them are mics, how many DIs. Phantom power?

Why do you specify "awesome drivers"? Did you have a bad experience?

What are your requirements?

How many simultaneous tracks do you want to record. How many of them are mics, how many DIs. Phantom power?

Why do you specify "awesome drivers"? Did you have a bad experience?

It's mainly for running ableton...

Inputs = Not enormously relevant

Outputs = At least four mono/two stereo pairs

Rack format preferred but that's unlikely on the cheap!

As for drivers, it's for live use so I need the latency down as low as possible without loading the processor too much - can't be having unwanted stutters mid-set!

Oh and it's on windows 7 :)

Focusrite Saffire Pro, plenty of ins and outs on the one interface, ADAT too. Pres aren't noisy at higher gains and it rack mounts.

You're using a laptop live? Use effects as well with the unit on your guitar rig, from Guitar rig 3 to compression/gates and verb.

Drivers on windows nevermind 7, well I can't comment.

jon, what software is the laptop running? softsynths?

rack mounted ones..

presonus firebox is good, its one half rack sized, so you can get a spacer unit and pop it in.. although sam seemed to have a bad time with his, i can give it a positive review.

then a step up in terms of I/O is the motu 828 mkii or mkiii, plenty of options with that. im not sure how good the windows drivers are, but mac ones are stable as a horse. its what we use live.

rack mounted ones..

presonus firebox is good, its one half rack sized, so you can get a spacer unit and pop it in.. although sam seemed to have a bad time with his, i can give it a positive review.

then a step up in terms of I/O is the motu 828 mkii or mkiii, plenty of options with that. im not sure how good the windows drivers are, but mac ones are stable as a horse. its what we use live.

I would give another vouch for a Focusrite Saffire pro 24 over a firebox..

I got a presonus firebox a while back, and for the price it costs, I probably wouldnt recommend it as there are other firewire interfaces out there which have a lot more in the way of options such as the focusrite, which has like lily said, ADAT expansion capabilites etc. the firebox is really unstable for me with my laptop, even with 6 pin firewire it still drops completly and have to unplug it and plug it back in... :facepalm: probably b0rked...

But yeah, focusrite ftw, or M-audio :awesome:

rack mounted ones..

Ableton live! We actually have an 828 (mkii I think) available but it's our bass players and he had a habit of forgetting to bring it when it was our only midi interface :rolleyes:.

Maybe I should just convince him to leave it in the main rack and get longer cables for his monitors!

I use a M-Audio Profire 610 and it's absolutely find for live use and I imagine I'm running more things than yourself.

There's the 410 if you don't need digital I/O, Pro Tools and not as good pres.

Archived