calm down! your thread got moved/merged to this, cos this is the topic (under KIT and tab) where people recommend gear ASWELL as suggest gear they've tried and tested with good results. Why not try searching this thread (top right corner of the page) to see if anyone's mentioned cdj's?

Twas me who merged. Bring the hate quinton! :mad:

Here's a little story that must be told,

by a stone cold brother that was put on hold.

Tried to use kit n tab and get ahead,

then the pope came down and he killed the thread.

Tried to step on the metal and walk on the pop,

but true stone cold brother never stops.

Through thick and thin from begging to end,

this battle be lost, but the war he'll win.

Close the thread well cause I raise a lot of hell,

I love to make love to all the lovely females.

Gettin down with the groove, I'm off the hook,

I need a new deck or I'm fucked.

I don't mean to go down in history,

Wanna be badder than George the V.

Cause I can rock any party from sun to sun,

I can't think of any more so now I'm done.

DON'TCHAKNOOOOOOOOOW?

Ta.

What happened to vinyl only? :p

Pesky kids with their new mp3 only remixes, plus still cannae scratch for shit after getting arm pinned :(. Any tips on how to make it look like there's still some skill involved? :p

Gotta admit the new Numark midi controller (NS7?) is the future of DJing.

Pesky kids with their new mp3 only remixes, plus still cannae scratch for shit after getting arm pinned :(. Any tips on how to make it look like there's still some skill involved? :p

Gotta admit the new Numark midi controller (NS7?) is the future of DJing.

I can't use CDJs for shit, possibly because I've only ever used fairly basic ones but I hate not having hands-on control... Not that I'm amazing with vinyl but at least it looks cool :p

A laptop and a MIDI controller, only skill you miss out on is beatmatching.

Gives much more scope for fx fuckery (at least on a budget) but the sound quality is often shite and it's a bit gash knowing the software is doing all the hard work

any opinions on the MXR carbon copy delay?

it's analogue don't you know. I expect a warm, creamy.. organic tone if I get one, like you'd get from a soldano. :facepalm:

No, seriously, any opinions? I have a superdelay, but I think I've sold it...was a bit too crazy for me.

Gives much more scope for fx fuckery (at least on a budget) but the sound quality is often shite and it's a bit gash knowing the software is doing all the hard work

True, but if you're not going to use vinyl it is the better option. Just get some massive harddrives and keep everything as wavs rather than mp3 :)

After several orders only to be told people had nothing in stock finally got two of these beasts for just over £500. BARGAIN :D

C-324.jpg

A laptop and a MIDI controller, only skill you miss out on is beatmatching.

Mate's Already got that covered, this is the set-up they're being added to. Though the stuff on the far right from the White Laptop is Scotch Egg's DSC00883.jpg

Personally can't see the point in it but I have massive spade hands and like to play when tripping slightly so need something a bit more Fischer Price.

I can't use CDJs for shit, possibly because I've only ever used fairly basic ones but I hate not having hands-on control... Not that I'm amazing with vinyl but at least it looks cool :p

Aye, bought these new beasts (Stanton C324s) purely because they have a vinyl mode and cratch platesm which work exactly the same as a turntable apart from added looping, sampling, sequencing and tone loc features. Unless you can fork out £700+ for a brand new pair, it's far easier to use two standard CD players and turn the volume knobs in place of crossfader.

Mate's Already got that covered, this is the set-up they're being added to. Though the stuff on the far right from the White Laptop is Scotch Egg's http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa48/krafty_pk/DSC00883.jpg

Personally can't see the point in it but I have massive spade hands and like to play when tripping slightly so need something a bit more Fischer Price.

That can't all be for dj'ing? Ableton Live + Big fancy MIDI controllers would be properly overkill.

Though fucking good fun :awesome:

Hey I'm going towards a good amp head in the near future, basically because I just want one, and I want just a brilliant clean channel, cuz im a pedal guy.

Suggestions are welcome, now I'd say the Laney GH50L or GH100L is the way to go for me :) And then going with the matched cab, or maybe something more to my taste (haven't really looked into cabs yet)

If you want a good clean channel, don't get that laney. While it's a great sounding amp (had the 50 watt version a while back), it's BASICALLY a JCM800 style amp. single channel master volume.

You won't get great clean tones, if any.

iirc you have to turn the gain way down and the volume up to get it to sound clean...sounded a bit lifeless..you're better off with getting an amp without a master volume or one that has a dedicated clean channel (maybe)

Hmm, I thought the clean on the Lany sounded really good, and with just a tiny bit of gain it sounded even beter.

But ok I'll definettly look into vox then.

Ok I'd basically go for a single channel amp with brilliant cleans, and that handles pedals well.

Amp head can be up to about 700-800 pounds, don't want to spend too much on the cab, Maybe the laney cab, it seems to be pretty good for the price.

antone ever played on of these?: http://feedback.nl/?b=HVOAHAC50CPH&a=

Hey I'm going towards a good amp head in the near future, basically because I just want one, and I want just a brilliant clean channel, cuz im a pedal guy.

Suggestions are welcome, now I'd say the Laney GH50L or GH100L is the way to go for me :) And then going with the matched cab, or maybe something more to my taste (haven't really looked into cabs yet)

If you're really a pedal guy, maybe what you need is a flat-ish set up like just a SS poweramp and cab, or a keyboard or bass combo.

Archived