erroneous! you lost your singer? What will you do?

a) cover it between us

b) use the recordings we have as samples

c) find someone else

a) and b) require a lot of work and a substantial move even further towards doing a dance set and c) is fraught with danger... I actually think a combination of all three would be best, depending on the occasion! a) with b) for the club sets and c) for the stupid rock sets :\mm/:

fucking musicians

You can probably replace him with a whammy or two.

That's a bit strong, he was only the singer!

It was whammying that got him in trouble in the first place - girlfriend is having twins so he wants to settle down and start a family... :noey:

Half a sampler-man?

You've still got a drummer & bassist and stuff, I'm all alone :(

hold me

He wants to gig part-time, which essentially means never because I'm not writing two different sets for each gig :rolleyes:

At the moment it's me on guitar/synth, a bass player, a drummer and cubase on everything else :awesome:

He wants to gig part-time, which essentially means never because I'm not writing two different sets for each gig :rolleyes:

At the moment it's me on guitar/synth, a bass player, a drummer and cubase on everything else :awesome:

Yeah, it's not a smart move to work around whoever might be available at the time.

Hey does anybody know if there is a synth out there that can slide between notes like a Ondes Martenot. It looked like Matt was using something like this on the Making of the resistance for the song resistance. Thanks.

Set any synth to mono and turn on Portomento.

ive asked this question a million times over, with little conclusion in my head

vox ac30, using a tele and a godin (ssh), trying to find a nice 'phat' sounding distortion, so that in a band just with bass and guitar my guitar with sound thiick.

atm ive got a boss overdrive/distortion, which is alright, just sounds a bit thin, and a boss heavy metal, which sounds thicker but is just way too...metally :p

i also have a fuzz, but thats very hard to implement easily live, seen the big muff w/wicker but is it fuzz or distortion?

tl;dr phat distortion needed, not playing metallica.

;7565180']ive asked this question a million times over, with little conclusion in my head

vox ac30, using a tele and a godin (ssh), trying to find a nice 'phat' sounding distortion, so that in a band just with bass and guitar my guitar with sound thiick.

atm ive got a boss overdrive/distortion, which is alright, just sounds a bit thin, and a boss heavy metal, which sounds thicker but is just way too...metally :p

i also have a fuzz, but thats very hard to implement easily live, seen the big muff w/wicker but is it fuzz or distortion?

tl;dr phat distortion needed, not playing metallica.

Marshall Jackhammer!!

You should be able to get a decent sound with what you have. You'll need the tele on the middle pup position. Try the boss HM with the gain quite low and play with the EQ. Perhaps cascading the two pedals would give a good sound?

On your amp what are your EQ settings?

Marshall Jackhammer!!

You should be able to get a decent sound with what you have. You'll need the tele on the middle pup position. Try the boss HM with the gain quite low and play with the EQ. Perhaps cascading the two pedals would give a good sound?

On your amp what are your EQ settings?

isnt the jackhammer quite metal-esque?

okk ill try that, although the pedal has a known fault where the gain doesnt change from 10-2 o clock. Whenever i cascade them i just get a high as hell scream from the feedback.

on my amp i have bass around 2 o clock, treble around 11 and cut at around 2 o clock, its quite a trebley amp though anyway, its one of the 1990 models.

edit: just saw a demo of a jackhammer, lots of people say it sounds quite thin? i was looking at a suhr riot pedal, blackstar ht-dual, stuff like that, not aimed at people that play metal, but marshall-y rock

;7568649']isnt the jackhammer quite metal-esque?

okk ill try that, although the pedal has a known fault where the gain doesnt change from 10-2 o clock. Whenever i cascade them i just get a high as hell scream from the feedback.

on my amp i have bass around 2 o clock, treble around 11 and cut at around 2 o clock, its quite a trebley amp though anyway, its one of the 1990 models.

edit: just saw a demo of a jackhammer, lots of people say it sounds quite thin? i was looking at a suhr riot pedal, blackstar ht-dual, stuff like that, not aimed at people that play metal, but marshall-y rock

Sounds like this might rock your boat....(aswell as your socks)

Here

Shredmaster :yesey:http://www.sendspace.com/file/b6z9la (Excuse the playing, which is actually dreadful)

it soudns pretty nice there actually! ive heard so many reviews though that disagree with it, dunno if its worth bidding on a vintage thing like that :p

Sounds like this might rock your boat....(aswell as your socks)

Here

the ac30 is verrry loud, so to get it to the stage where it will naturally overdrive cant be done in my house, so a treble booster i cant do without an attenuator of some kind, which is SRS moolah

;7569676']it soudns pretty nice there actually! ive heard so many reviews though that disagree with it' date=' dunno if its worth bidding on a vintage thing like that :p[/quote']

I think many people buy it because of Johnny Greenwood, then a bit disappointed. It's a one-trick pony for Marshall crunch only and like a Marshall, doesn't like being quiet.

The more you push the front end, the more distortion you get at lower levels...

Not with non-MV amps, they just get louder.

I think many people buy it because of Johnny Greenwood, then a bit disappointed. It's a one-trick pony for Marshall crunch only and like a Marshall, doesn't like being quiet.

Not with non-MV amps, they just get louder.

yeah i can see it being like that, much liek the fuzz factory...

and yeah, for the treble booster you cant put it straight onto a clean channel, which is what im looking for, cause i can get that at respectable levels

Archived