Has anyone had any experience with a Laney AOR or a Sovtek Mig? I can find them quite cheaply and I just need to know which has more clean headroom. Sounds pretty stupid to be looking at those amps for clean sounds, I know.

the sovtek would win that hands down. don't know why you picked out a sovtek specifically, it's based on old marshall designs, which do clean for days, especially if you bridge the channels, but from what i've seen, they'll go for more than a marshall because people cottoned to migs being cheaper than marshalls, unless you're buying a '68 all original plexi, that simply ain't true anymore.

Having owned both of those amps

It depends which kind.

You have the non master mig 50 (jtm 45 style i suppose..plenty of headroom) and the mig 60 and 100 (master volume, much less head room)

forget the AORs for clean headroom

a question from me now.

what shall i get to boost my super lead? i'm thinking an EQ pedal of some kind, so I can get it exactly how I want, rather than just boosting the highs etc. my DOD EQ broke, so I'm without one now...I need a good solid EQ. volume isn't a problem at this point. this is the old marshall without the master volume - hence the need to boost it...i think

I'm going to be playing Creep by Radiohead at my school's music evening with some friends so I need a distortion pedal. I use an Epiphone Valve Junior all tube amplifier by the way.

I'm looking for a pedal that is:

*Versatile - This'll be my first stompbox so I don't want it to be a one trick pony. I'm looking for a pedal that can put out a variety of quality distorted tones from overdriven to fairly heavy (I'm not generally a fan of metal however).

*Reasonably priced - As in no more than a Big Muff. I'm not loaded.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I wish :rolleyes: Finding a Shredmaster in New Zealand would be more of a battle than climbing Mount Everest :LOL: And I'm not too keen on the idea of getting one shipped from overseas.

Edit: Has anyone tried a Marshall GV-2 Plus?

Yeah I tried one of the GV-2's. After a day I sent it back. Seriously crappy distortion.

I'm going to be playing Creep by Radiohead at my school's music evening with some friends so I need a distortion pedal. I use an Epiphone Valve Junior all tube amplifier by the way.

I'm looking for a pedal that is:

*Versatile - This'll be my first stompbox so I don't want it to be a one trick pony. I'm looking for a pedal that can put out a variety of quality distorted tones from overdriven to fairly heavy (I'm not generally a fan of metal however).

*Reasonably priced - As in no more than a Big Muff. I'm not loaded.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Proco Rat. No point hunting down a Shredmaster tbh, unless you're using a bright amp.

ok my problem:

I need a delay pedal.

i got me's a behringer echo machine, pretty good but the stupid thing didn't work after two go's. I'm pretty much looking for something that is cheap/ish and cheerful and does the job. i'm looking at the marshall echohead, and also at the artec adl-2. i do want some variations in the delays i can choose from, as i've seen some demos of the marshall echohead and i love the tape echo on it.

i'm mainly looking for that long, ethereal, filtered delay, kind of like the ones Bellamy used to use around 2001/2002. that sparkly sound, tis on the Hullabaloo DVD a lot. but I cannot afford a DL-4, and the Echo Park (and it's knockoff the Echo Machine)'s sweep echos are pretty poor (i've tried both and brought them each, then sold them) really im just looking for a nice delay that adds more ambience, not cutting digital delays. cheers. :)

For ambience you WANT a EHX DMM but it isn't going to come cheap. I think the B company have a clone though.

ahem...

"i got me's a behringer echo machine, pretty good but the stupid thing didn't work after two go's.i got me's a behringer echo machine, pretty good but the stupid thing didn't work after two go's."

??

edit: ah, i wrongly thought the echo machine was the behringer DMM copy. oops.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

I have a question:

At this moment i have:

Boss ME-20 (Use for Mod. and Delay/Reverb)

Fuzz Factory

Know I want to buy these at the end off my vacation.

I will be able to spend 170 euros.

And I'm thinking of buying these to expand my distortions:

Turbo Rat

Big Muff (USA)

for about 155 euros.

I know for myself that I will be going to use the Turbo Rat for heavy Distortions mostly (Might try to get a sound suitable for SS)

But about the Big Muff I'm not sure, it sounds cool, but I don't know if I would be using it much.

Any songs from Muse I could use it for?

Cause I don't know if I want to buy either a Big Muff or something completely the other way: a light distortion for "not so hard" rock :p

Should I just buy those? or does anyone else know a nice tweakable distortion for about 70 euros?

Guest bshuker

Righto guys, any recommendations for some earplugs?

Looking for attenuation from them mostly, preferably some that aren't too noticeable, comfortable, with some sort of bag/case to keep them in.

Not looking for expensive moulded ones, just around £10-30 or so.

ANY HELP WUD B GREAT CHRZ :)

i forget the name, but i picked up a pair of plastic ones that were moulded, but not to my ears... they were seethrough plastic and were very comfortable, provided good attenuation too. they also didnt just chop off the high end.

doc's proplugs, i think you mean. link here. they're moulded, and come in various sizes to suit your ears. as the_man says, they are very good.

elacin make some good ones, too, but they make you look like a dolt. either will set you back between £12-15. dawsons carry them, i think. or try e-bay shops - it's no more expensive and they tend to deliver by the next day.

hi everyone.

i just bought the DC adaptor with a parallel cable. so i can plug all my pedals with just one AC adaptor. but since i started using it, ive been getting this anoying HUM on my sound.

i tried switching where i plug the adaptor, but so far, its the same frickin HUM all the time.

can someone help me?

Archived