:LOL:

that's what i meant by not looking to get a really early plexi, as they are practically the same, to the point you're only buying into the name if anything these days. that said, one guy i know with a '68 plexi is laughing considering how much he paid for his!

Yeah, for example they stopped making plexi panel marshalls in mid '69, yet people just pay a lot more cause they are more 'desirable' than the metal panels.

Hmm, I reckon I should ask you about this. I have a stock rat pedal (you know, the newest one)..It tends to be a bit strange with certain amps. I had bought it for my old Orange amp, and it ended up having this really mid heavy sound.

I know Omar (formerly) of ATDI used both of these, and it tends to sound like this (most noticeable about 43 seconds in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZagV69HujUY

I've also used a big muff with much better results, but I'm really looking for a distortion rather than a huge sounding fuzz.

maybe cause the amp is really mid heavy on its own, and the rat just adds to it.

Any recommendations?

Edit:

Also, I forgot to ask...I had lost my 3rd Storey Chemist CD :( Do you have any left?

i recommend people looking at the fender MIM telecaster can get em new for £289

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-telecaster/1020

great guitars bought one in sunburst the other day necks really nice mine had no fret buzz neither did the other 2 that i played in the store really reccommend people try one out if they are after a new guitar if your after something with more gain just add a seymour duncan hotrail in the bridge im thinking of doing this has anyone else ?

basically what he said

The super basses aren't exactly the same to be honest. Yeah, I know they are basically the same circuit with a few changes, but the sound itself is a tad different.

super lead has a brighter, less bassy sound with earlier break up

super bass has a fuller sound, more focused in the lower mids. late break up.

and +1 on bridging the channels, the super lead is overly bright sometimes with the bright channel alone. don't remind me of what happened when i ran the super basses second channel by itself...

2yuy2y0.jpg

did you go inside?? lol

definitely build one

actually, that big hole is partially from when the thing knocked me through the wall :happy:

Can someone give me a guide to maing one, or some simple tips...making my own effects sounds quite fun and surely the sound will be unique in a way.

i mean massive. thick sound, around the impact of the newborn riff X2:D

Hm. Well, the newborn riff isn't 'massive' or 'thick' to my ears. If you want massive look into building/purchasing a 70's Era (Or a clone of) Muff. Triangle or Rams Head if you're lucky. For the new born riff it's just amp distortion really. An MI Audio Crunchbox could get you near.

Oh also, building your own pedals. They wont sound 'unique' at all. Everything has been done, pretty much. Until the new wave of technology comes. 99% of circuits are based on pre-existing circuits. A nice easy first build is a Germanium Fuzz.

if youve ever tried any of the current native instruments effects or synthesis engines, youll know that digital has incredible potential, especially if you're aware of reaktor or max msp

Aah, I've always loved you. Absolutely. It's just cork sniffing guitarists who hate digital.

Digital isn't confined to ..pedals, y'know?

Aah, I've always loved you. Absolutely. It's just cork sniffing guitarists who hate digital.

Digital isn't confined to ..pedals, y'know?

this is pretty much the point im making, digital isnt just crappy line 6 guitar effects (yes, in comparison the line 6 stuff is very crappy) digital has potential to be (and is currently) much better than the digital guitar stuff you might find... you just have to think outside the box a bit with the application... look at the receptor. if you have max/msp its as good as you can make it, which is how good analogue is iirc :p

this is pretty much the point im making, digital isnt just crappy line 6 guitar effects (yes, in comparison the line 6 stuff is very crappy) digital has potential to be (and is currently) much better than the digital guitar stuff you might find... you just have to think outside the box a bit with the application... look at the receptor. if you have max/msp its as good as you can make it, which is how good analogue is iirc :p

Analogue IS Past. Soon people will stop being all;

'Oh analogue is so warm'

I hate this fucking 'warmth' argument. UTTER bullshit.

Analogue IS Past. Soon people will stop being all;

'Oh analogue is so warm'

I hate this fucking 'warmth' argument. UTTER bullshit.

it's just what people say to justify paying over the odds for stuff :)

there is some analogue stuff i prefer to digital, but also vice versa, like i grew up with analogue synths, but digital is as good if not better at times (compare a voyager and a prophecy to a virus TI, virus wins hands down) and capable of so much more.

also with line6 gear, tubes are better in the room, but a pod compared to listening to a mic'ed up amp in the control room... it all makes sense then and i was really surprised by it when i used it for a gig last week, just wasn't the same onstage.

analogue is warmer... circuits heat up more :p

Incorrect! Digital gets far far warmer.

Also, Haze, nail on the head. A POD for live use is fucking FANTASTIC. Going straight into the PA. Clear, no micing issues, no levelling or volume issues if your soundman is good.

Archived