was it for pedals, or just any old adaptor? Cheap generic ones have bad filtering and aren't designed for audio application. However, I just bought a "soundLAB" cheap 6 way dc thing (I think they've replaced the older "ac->dc powerblock") and it is appalling with any form of dirt pedals. On one it made a very audible high pitched hum when used with other pedals (but nothing turned on) and if I plugged it in on its own it just didn't work at all :confused: Piece of crap, but I seriously can't find a decent power solution for my board...

Diago aren't isolated so I can't use my positive ground fuzz with it, and my DMM is 24v (although I'm sure I could make an adaptor, but that's not the point). So even if I got it, I'd still have a total of 3 plugs, and so would still need a power strip, so why not have bulkier, cheaper ones?!

Dunlop doesn't have enough sockets for all my FX, not to mention the price (and apparently it hums).

The only real solution is to get 2 burkey flatliners :LOL: That's not gonna happen...

Anyone know of a GOOD, all round PSU? What do pros use? I never really look (or care!)

was it for pedals, or just any old adaptor? Cheap generic ones have bad filtering and aren't designed for audio application. However, I just bought a "soundLAB" cheap 6 way dc thing (I think they've replaced the older "ac->dc powerblock") and it is appalling with any form of dirt pedals. On one it made a very audible high pitched hum when used with other pedals (but nothing turned on) and if I plugged it in on its own it just didn't work at all :confused: Piece of crap, but I seriously can't find a decent power solution for my board...

Diago aren't isolated so I can't use my positive ground fuzz with it, and my DMM is 24v (although I'm sure I could make an adaptor, but that's not the point). So even if I got it, I'd still have a total of 3 plugs, and so would still need a power strip, so why not have bulkier, cheaper ones?!

Dunlop doesn't have enough sockets for all my FX, not to mention the price (and apparently it hums).

The only real solution is to get 2 burkey flatliners :LOL: That's not gonna happen...

Anyone know of a GOOD, all round PSU? What do pros use? I never really look (or care!)

What would you need two for? Can't remember what's on your board :p

Which reminds me actually, I need to post you that pedal! Erm I'll get that to you tomorrow I think...

As for other supplies, you'd probably have to go custom or use a pedalsnake to carry the power from backstage... They look cool but I have my concerns about interference with the signal!

http://www.pedalsnake.com/

cos I have more than 8 pedals on my board right now ;)

Yeah I definitely wouldn't want to try the power and the signal down the same line - sounds a little too noisy for me!

Coolio, send me a PM when you're ready for postage!

oh ok... I've only got the MG30DFX atm but even as someone who doesn't know what they're doing half the time, it's still shite. What would you recommend trying out as a head / cab combination??

orange tiny terror 15 watt head and marshall 112 cab

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/tiny-terror/70787

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-1912/291

Guest bshuker

Well for about £50 more than the MF350 you can get a DSL50 which is a far better amp, and as a Musefag, its a nice choice. Also theres the TSL60 which is nice at the same sort of price.

Depends what you want from it really.

Well for about £50 more than the MF350 you can get a DSL50 which is a far better amp, and as a Musefag, its a nice choice. Also theres the TSL60 which is nice at the same sort of price.

Depends what you want from it really.

Well seeing as I have no real skill I just want something that will help me progress and get a variety of different sounds. I also want to invest in a little bit of power just in case I decide to put myself forwards for live playing. Also, Can you plug both guitar and mic into amps at the same time?? I don't really want to get a PA sys but if there's no choice. I'm sure someone I used to know done this.

you generally really wouldnt want to plug a mic into a guitar amp. unless you'r going for a weird sound.

and theres some problems... mics use xlr cables. if you get a xlr to jack cable, the output from the mic is still realllllly low, so you'd have to crank the shit out of the amp to get much from it i think. you could try using a mic preamp line out to the amp, but really, i wouldnt bother.

what would be best then, small PA??

vocals tend to need a lot of power to get them high enough in a mix. we have a 1500 watt amplifier with 2 large PA speakers (not sure on the ratings) and we do still struggle to get it to a good level when practicing, without micing the drums (at practices). get as big as you can afford, thats my advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Need help purchasing a guitar. I have a 400 pound budget, 100 of which is reserved for a Roland Micro Cube.

Been playing for about 5 months.

Rock/Alternative mainly and the occassional metal when I'm feeling rotten.

For bedroom practice only, not planning on gigging with it as yet.

It will be my second guitar as my first would be hundreds of thousands of miles away.

Planning to purchase in mid/late September as my own birthday treat.

Thanks in advance. :D.

Need help purchasing a guitar. I have a 400 pound budget, 100 of which is reserved for a Roland Micro Cube.

Been playing for about 5 months.

Rock/Alternative mainly and the occassional metal when I'm feeling rotten.

For bedroom practice only, not planning on gigging with it as yet.

Thanks in advance. :D.

Epiphone do some pretty good guitars for that price range. Their Les Paul's are definitely up there.

Epiphone do some pretty good guitars for that price range. Their Les Paul's are definitely up there.

Would you recommend a Les Paul Standard or an SG G-400?

What about Squiers though?

EDIT: My current guitar is a Cort EVL X-4 which I am absolutely contented with. Bad choice of first guitar but I really love it. It looks awesome and sounds just as well.

Would you recommend a Les Paul Standard or an SG G-400?

What about Squiers though?

EDIT: My current guitar is a Cort EVL X-4 which I am absolutely contented with. Bad choice of first guitar but I really love it. It looks awesome and sounds just as well.

Mmmmm the Squiers are good aswell tbf the Les paul Standards are the best Epiphone do imo and the price isn't to bad either. Cort are pretty amazing, I'd say try out a Cort Zenox as that was my first guitar and I regret getting rid of it. Only £179 now aswell.

Mmmmm the Squiers are good aswell tbf the Les paul Standards are the best Epiphone do imo and the price isn't to bad either. Cort are pretty amazing, I'd say try out a Cort Zenox as that was my first guitar and I regret getting rid of it. Only £179 now aswell.

I hear there's a problem with the G string of the Epi Les Pauls. How much would an Epi Les Paul Standard cost?

I hear there's a problem with the G string of the Epi Les Pauls. How much would an Epi Les Paul Standard cost?

First time I've heard about that problem. They go for around £279 I think although you can get them cheaper if you hunt around a bit.

Squiers are very good for sound, however the jack sockets are bastards! keep coming out or rattling around. I got the OBEY Telecaster from Squier 2 months ago and haven't looked back. no problems other than the socket and well worth it for £145

epiphone les paul standard on gak at £240 in black or £280 for a burst finish

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-les-paul-standard/870

or their are these made in mexico fender standard telecasters going for £269

http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_0135102306.html

i own both these guitars and they are both really good guitars i got the epiphone les paul standard as my second guitar.

epiphone les paul standard on gak at £240 in black or £280 for a burst finish

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-les-paul-standard/870

or their are these made in mexico fender standard telecasters going for £269

http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_0135102306.html

i own both these guitars and they are both really good guitars i got the epiphone les paul standard as my second guitar.

Both of those are brilliant value for money, can't go wrong with either.

After some time though and a little more experience of playing and maybe getting a better amp you may want to change the pick ups. But that's the only that needs doing with those guitars over time. Otherwise they're brilliant guitars from the get go!

Archived