Having a nicer guitar could make you a little bit better...

Trust me anything's an improvement on the guitar I've got now! It's just falling to pieces so I'm gonna get another cheap one just to improve. Who knows I may even reach the dizzy heights of being worthy of playing a FENDER Tele

So I have come down to two:

*Squier Obey Telecaster

OR

*Squier Telecaster Custom II (P90)

I can't find any decent reviews on the net :mad:

I can get the Obey Tele with a Behringer FX600 or the Custom II with nout and need to choose.

Just tell me which one, I'm not a good player so it won't notice with me, just looking for the best for money

Don't know if you will have seen these before but the word is that they're pretty well the best bang for your buck you can get :)

Xaviere XV-600. Reviews here.

or ...

SX Tele copy with P-90 in the neck. Reviews here.

With any luck I'll be getting the SX sometime next week :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

haha if only I'd seen this thread earlier in the week. I've just bought a squier tele custom II and I couldn't recommend it enough - it's by far the best value guitar I currently own. paid £195 for the guitar, shitty gig bag (a bag is a bag tbf), set of schaller strap locks and set of strings. from initial doodlings it seems much much easier to control the amount of overdrive using the guitar's volume controls than on any of my other guitars (including my mex standard tele) and I love the way the p90s break up as you turn the gain up. admittedly the jack is a bit dodgy but that's not exactly difficult or expensive to replace

haha if only I'd seen this thread earlier in the week. I've just bought a squier tele custom II and I couldn't recommend it enough - it's by far the best value guitar I currently own. paid £195 for the guitar, shitty gig bag (a bag is a bag tbf), set of schaller strap locks and set of strings. from initial doodlings it seems much much easier to control the amount of overdrive using the guitar's volume controls than on any of my other guitars (including my mex standard tele) and I love the way the p90s break up as you turn the gain up. admittedly the jack is a bit dodgy but that's not exactly difficult or expensive to replace

I was going to ask here about a Squier Tele Custom II :) I wanted to get a guitar with duo P-90's as I like the sound of them and haven't been able to see what a bridge P-90 is like yet.

Would you recommend it a lot then, Doog? :D

well... I'd definitely recommend it (twice as much if you get someone who knows their guitars to give it the once-over before you buy and if you get it set up properly, to make sure the particular example is as good as it can be) but tbh I'll have to get back to you re: "a lot" after I've put it through my gigging amp. at the moment I've only played it through a marshall mg30 and most of us know what they're like for tonal quality... :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

squier tele's are actually pretty amazing. They all come with p90 nowadays? nice bite

the Ds-1 is around 30-40 pounds and a modded one, will work a charm at giving your signal that boost for lead playing....

steve vai uses one....plenty others do too....try youtube for a demo (search circuit bent ds-1)

there are som comparisons

I've heard good things about the digitech hot head - available in london for about £30 theres some demos on the website. Its analog distortion that would be great for driving a tube amp. And the gain is supposedly a lot like the DS 1 except its cheaper and made just as well. I bought a second mand digitech bad monkey recently and will sing its praises whenever I can, I like it that much! Awesome for my peavey valveking.

Archived