These all seem like good mods. But I never understood people paying lots for strap locks. Even quite a few professionals have realised that you can buy rubber washers in DIY stores that can stretch over your existing pins and lock the strap in place. You can also find rubber washers on the top of the special grolsch bottles (the ones that are corked with the metal leaver) They work fine plus you can get drunk

the rubber rings are also capable of ruining the screws, by pulling them slowly out.

I too saw that guitar at sound control London but at £55...and bought it! I didn't know what I wanted for my birthday so I thought that was a good idea (not that I needed a 3rd electric really!).

I have to say its not bad. Yes it has some issues - the tuners badly need replacing but wilkinson do sealed jobbies for £20 so thats fine. The pots are ok, the bridge is set a little high but fine (you'll struggle with exact intonation due to the 3 saddles but its fine). Pickups are ok to start with - definate tele twang but could do with a bit more to them. The end of the neck looks a little messy and finally the fret dots aren't perfect.

To be honest, teles are work horse guitars - they can look pretty b utthey're meant for the hard slog. The legacy is a good stable work horse for a beginner/ intermediate that has the potential to become really good with some relatively cheap mods (new tuners ~£20, new pickups ~£30 from GFS/ebay). I own a squier strat and honestly can't say the build is that much better for the money you save

aaah, thank you very much for that :) That has helped me a lot! I think I'll enquire into getting one of them then.

Well on mine I have:

New Bridge £30

New Tuners £20

Middle and Bridge Pickup wired in series (essentially a humbucker) with a coil tap.

Strap locks £10

These upgrades have made a huge difference however the stock guitar was brilliant.

thank you :) I'll think I will get the Legacy and then mod it to hell, haha.

Change of topic but when Installing your bridge pickup to the fernandes sustainer board are there spare clips? Otherwise you need to search the entire town for the correct one.

ok going back many years of memory so this mightn't be accurate, but i remember there not being spare clips and i can't rember how i did it either i found a way to put the wires in the clip or i chopped the wires to the chip and soldered the pickup wires to it. hmm

aaah, thank you very much for that :) That has helped me a lot! I think I'll enquire into getting one of them then.

thank you :) I'll think I will get the Legacy and then mod it to hell, haha.

Glad it helped. I love mine very much. Get the maple neck version if you can, the rosewood one looks a little dodgy

Hey it's me again. I know I'm being a pain but I'm really in a fix.

I thought I finalised my decision a few days ago with a Squier Black/Chrome Strat. I read a few reviews and past posts about the Tele and it caused another dilemma.

So now it's a toss up between....

Squier OBEY Tele

Squier OBEY Strat

Squier Tele Custom II

Squier Black/Chrome Tele

Squier Black/Chrome Strat (HSS pickup combination)

Epiphone SG-400

Or do you guys think I should spend a whole lot more on either of these...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-telecaster/1020

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-stratocaster/1006

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-les-paul-standard/870

I'm a little tight about spending the extra 80 quid though. :(.

Been playing for 5 months now.

Rock/Alternative/Blues and occassional Metal

Played through a Roland Micro Cube

Bedroom practice mainly

May buy a better amp and play a school gig or two with guitar

First guitar was a Cort EVL X-4

I'm really really confused and I'll be very grateful to everyone who can help and anyone that can bear with me and talk me into a final decison. I am going to make this my second guitar and I dont want to regret buying it.

Bump. :(.

TYVM to tomrulez and dogg for your opinions but I'm still very very unsure. Could anyone link me to a webbie with decent priced Ibanez guitars?

Alright guys, the pest is back again for ONE LAST TIME. I promise.

I just need recommendations for a practice amp preferably under 100 quid. I settled for the Roland Micro Cube before but read some reviews about Line 6 and Orange and Vox and blah. They all seem to be good.

So can you K&T experts help me out one last time please? :).

EDIT: I think I'll settle for this as my guitar: http://www.guitar.co.uk/ibanez/360-ibanez_sa260fm_electric_guitar?page=2

My personal experience is that Line 6 amps are trash - they sound very digital. People around here seem to like the real Orange amps, but I don't remember hearing anything good about the mini ones. Vox has been pretty decent in my experience, but I would still take the Micro Cube over it.

My personal experience is that Line 6 amps are trash - they sound very digital. People around here seem to like the real Orange amps, but I don't remember hearing anything good about the mini ones. Vox has been pretty decent in my experience, but I would still take the Micro Cube over it.

Yay, so that's 2 for Roland MC and nil for rest.

If I manage to save up some cash after splurging on the guitar and amp, which pedal do you think I should get first?

Fuzz Factory or Digitech Whammy?

if you really want one of them i'd say the whammy.

so much fun :happy:

edit: message from the banned. lol.

Toff says neither, a delay is more useful. look at the boss delays, incredibly simple and do the job well.

Out of the two, the whammy. Fuzz factory is just too impractical with its craziness. But there are definately more useful fun pedals (big muff, electric mistress, most delays, phaser with a step setting). You could easily pick up 2 decent pedals for the price of the whammy - a lesson I have learnt through paying for it!

if you really want one of them i'd say the whammy.

so much fun :happy:

edit: message from the banned. lol.

Toff says neither, a delay is more useful. look at the boss delays, incredibly simple and do the job well.

I already have a Boss DD6 and Ibanez WD7 wah pedal.

I dont know whether I'm going to bring both over after summer but I probably will bring the delay pedal.

The Micro Cube is probably laden with effects that I'll have plenty of fun with too. That's why I'm leaning towards the two said pedals.

What happened to Toff anyway? I sorta miss him. :erm:

Archived