i dunno if it can keep up with a wal bass.

Me neither - never had an opportunity to play a Wal, so... dunno. Wal basses are so PHWOAR though... And they sound sooo good on recordings! But, mind you, they're VERY expensive - it's Alembic/Fodera territory (and the same class, I believe).

front.jpg

Anyone know how this nexus strato plays and how much they go for, and where you could buy one? thanks.. I know they are made in Poland so basstard any ideas?

Edit: http://www.nexus-guitars.com/gmstrato.html heres the link for the guitar for more pics .

They're custom made - you'd have to contact mr Jacek Kobylski for a custom quote. I guess his email address is somewhere on the website.

Anyone have any brands or models to recommend in the area of fretless basses?

For $600 - 1000? First and foremost, you should do your search on a 2nd-hand market. You can find some nice deals if you search well! Second, a fretless Jazz is a sure shot almost everytime.

You can also check out the stuff Polish luthiers make - Nexus can be a bit too expensive (to get a good custom-made one you should be prepared to shell out $1500 + ) but you might want to look at beauties mr Krzysztof Kania makes :)

bass15%20po.jpgkn5f%201.JPG

(these two are probably more expensive but he could make a more simple bass for you - bolt-on, passive, standard woods like ash or alder etc. - and it would still be a helluva bass, plus it would be noticeably less expensive... the guy has really good prices!)

Looking for a new guitar. I basically want something that can pull off hard rock well but can also handle other genres relatively well. I hear that telecasters can be quite versatile and the ones I've played have been pretty comfortable.

I'm going to be trying some guitars in shops obviously, but just want some suggestions to get me going. I have about £400 to spend.

Looking for a new guitar. I basically want something that can pull off hard rock well but can also handle other genres relatively well. I hear that telecasters can be quite versatile and the ones I've played have been pretty comfortable.

I'm going to be trying some guitars in shops obviously, but just want some suggestions to get me going. I have about £400 to spend.

Well a tele can definitely be versitile but if you want to play hard rock you might have to change the pickups. If you you get a highway one tele they've got a pretty punchy pickups from the get go, but the cheapest they go for is £439 you can get GAK to match this though.

god, some of them are shockingly bad, but some are quite tasteful. im not to keen on respraying gibson les pauls tho >_< far to expensive to fuck around with imo.

Indeed. When I was getting tele done there was quite a nice gibbo SG getting resprayed to look like Clapton's "The fool" Sg. Nice job on it to defo looks the bollocks.

• 6 months later...
Which one of these amps would you choose for:

AC/DC type rhythm

Guitar volume cleanup for cleans

Smooth lead with boost (eric johnson / Bonamassa)

if you can crank it, a Plexi, with the channels bridged. though a '67 wouldn't be my choice, if you want one of them, get a super bass, exactly the same but nowhere near the price and the year is irrelevent, if you want a plexi for what it's famous for, you get a later one.

a jtm45 is too smooth, a silver jubilee is built for a totally diffferent purpose

basically what he said

The super basses aren't exactly the same to be honest. Yeah, I know they are basically the same circuit with a few changes, but the sound itself is a tad different.

super lead has a brighter, less bassy sound with earlier break up

super bass has a fuller sound, more focused in the lower mids. late break up.

and +1 on bridging the channels, the super lead is overly bright sometimes with the bright channel alone. don't remind me of what happened when i ran the super basses second channel by itself...

2yuy2y0.jpg

basically what he said

The super basses aren't exactly the same to be honest. Yeah, I know they are basically the same circuit with a few changes, but the sound itself is a tad different.

super lead has a brighter, less bassy sound with earlier break up

super bass has a fuller sound, more focused in the lower mids. late break up.

and +1 on bridging the channels, the super lead is overly bright sometimes with the bright channel alone. don't remind me of what happened when i ran the super basses second channel by itself...

:LOL:

that's what i meant by not looking to get a really early plexi, as they are practically the same, to the point you're only buying into the name if anything these days. that said, one guy i know with a '68 plexi is laughing considering how much he paid for his!

ey, Samcoma was given the mission to give this threadurl to me!!! uhm yeah right...

dunno if i should ask it here, but lately im really kind of expirimenting whit effects and stuff, mostly my FF, but i want MORE!!! xD

Anyone could recommend some good pedals that aren't really the usuall stuff lik distortion, or chorus if you know what i mean, my budget is 300 euro's

Archived