I didn't know the DL4 was known for it's looping abilities? A better bet would be the RC-20 (I think that's it) the double pedal from Boss. But seriously, I think the Zooms might do looping. I know it's overkill, but, in value for money terms, you get so much!

They may not do very good looping though actually.

I'm assuming you want a footswitch for record, footswitch for play, stop, etc? I've never used a looper much.

how much are dd6's usually. im begrudged to fork out that much for a pedal just yet, as i know i can bend the fuck out of any boss delay.

They go for about £129. As I said you can find cheaper on ebay.

I didn't know the DL4 was known for it's looping abilities? A better bet would be the RC-20 (I think that's it) the double pedal from Boss. But seriously, I think the Zooms might do looping. I know it's overkill, but, in value for money terms, you get so much!

They may not do very good looping though actually.

I'm assuming you want a footswitch for record, footswitch for play, stop, etc? I've never used a looper much.

I've got a DL4 it does pretty good looping with a max of 28 seconds. Its also a delay pedal as you know. If you want the best of both thats the anwser.

I also have a RC20XL (16mins looping time) If you want a decent looper go for the Digitech jam man (6hrs looping time when you buy a larger mem card).

It does but only can store up to 3secs. The DD6 can store 6secs. If you're looking for a decent looper/Delay the Line 6 DL4 is your best bet.

the DD3 can hold up to 800ms max ;)

there's also the akai headrush and ehx 16 second delay, which are also delay/loopers, i wouldn't recommend a DL4.

and yes cheddatom, they are known for it, just there are better pedals at it imo.

the DD3 can hold up to 800ms max ;)

there's also the akai headrush and ehx 16 second delay, which are also delay/loopers, i wouldn't recommend a DL4.

and yes cheddatom, they are known for it, just there are better pedals at it imo.

The akai headrush has some serious reliability issues. The ehx is about £250. I think the Line 6's reliability comes down to how much you gig it (weak knobs). Apart from that its pretty good and has some good delay tones.

The akai headrush has some serious reliability issues. The ehx is about £250. I think the Line 6's reliability comes down to how much you gig it (weak knobs). Apart from that its pretty good and has some good delay tones.

i used to own a dl4, it wasn't reliable, it eventually died completely on me, this was after i hadn't used it for a while and hadn't been gigging.

and has good sounds, just not good tone, did more to destroy, using something like sweep delay would pretty much remove me from the mix.

regret buying it and regret not getting a memory man sooner.

i used to own a dl4, it wasn't reliable, it eventually died completely on me, this was after i hadn't used it for a while and hadn't been gigging.

and has good sounds, just not good tone, did more to destroy, using something like sweep delay would pretty much remove me from the mix.

regret buying it and regret not getting a memory man sooner.

Yeah the mem man does piss all over it. I found that I could get really good tones on the stereo delay setting on the dl4. I guess it just comes down to luck, I've got a few delay pedals but none compare to a classic analog pedal or a re201. I'm usually not to keen of digital pedals but a few impressed me.

Yeah the mem man does piss all over it. I found that I could get really good tones on the stereo delay setting on the dl4. I guess it just comes down to luck, I've got a few delay pedals but none compare to a classic analog pedal or a re201. I'm usually not to keen of digital pedals but a few impressed me.

i still use digital delays, but purely for their own merits. rather than expect a digital pedal to be analogue... pointless waste of time and money.

dude i am surprised you havent had a go before.

i tried a boss looper a few months ago, needless to say adding another layer over the top of a "base" riff is pretty good, means that you can multiply what your band can play, say for instance you have 2 guitarists, one lays down the loop, while the other doubles, you can then loop it while you both do some wankery solo over the top doing crazy intertwining melodies.

or you can turn one bassist into 2, one shitty vocalist into 2 shitty vocalists, the list goes on.....

Yeh, I know what you can do with them, just not had the chance. I tried the RC-20 for a bit in a shop once but.....

It's not something i'd use in songs with the band, I don't think. Unless it was slow or atmospheric shit, or sounds inbetween songs or at the end of the set. Oh if I had the money or the space on my board!

well i hope I'm posting in the right thread.

Anyway. I'm looking for a bigger amp,I think u call it a half stack, because my little amp isnt doing it for me right now. So i go online and find this Marshall half stack for $599 and free shipping.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-MAR-STACK1.html

The reason why i picked this is because it seems really popular and it seems like Marshall's sound pretty sweet. I can afford paying for this btw. I'm willing to spend at most $600 hopefully including shipping,but if the amp is worth it ill pay more.The sound I'm looking for is "musey" so to speak. I have an Ibanez running through a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal straight to the amp. I also want more fuzz than the pedal i have, but i don't want to seem like another wannabe wanting to sound like Matt because i immediately bought a fuzz factory. So please offer your suggestions and comments.

Anyway. I'm looking for a bigger amp,I think u call it a half stack, because my little amp isnt doing it for me right now. So i go online and find this Marshall half stack for $599 and free shipping.

The reason why i picked this is because it seems really popular and it seems like Marshall's sound pretty sweet. I can afford paying for this btw.The sound I'm looking for is "musey" so to speak. I have an Ibanez running through a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal straight to the amp. I also want more fuzz than the pedal i have, but i dont want to seem like another wannabe wanting to sound like Matt because i immediately bought a fuzz factory. So please offer your suggestions and comments.

That amp is seriously terrible. The MG series are known for there crap sound, and as for being loud they are far from it. I've had one of these 100 watt amps and my AC30 wipes the floor with it tone and volume wise. Whats your budget? Maybe we can find an amp for you that will last you a lifetime. As for the fuzz pedal try a Duplop Fuzz Face or a reissued color tone fuzz.

The reason why i picked this is because it seems really popular and it seems like Marshall's sound pretty sweet. I can afford paying for this btw. I'm willing to spend at most $600 hopefully including shipping,but if the amp is worth it ill pay more.The sound I'm looking for is "musey" so to speak. I have an Ibanez running through a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal straight to the amp. I also want more fuzz than the pedal i have, but i don't want to seem like another wannabe wanting to sound like Matt because i immediately bought a fuzz factory. So please offer your suggestions and comments.

That's a seriously nasty amp! My mate had one and it constantly sounded shit .....

well since that marshall got shot down. What's a recommended amp that can play loud distortion without sound like crap under $600?

Hmmm tbh I'd say push your budget a little further and go for a all valve amp maybe something from the marshall range or laney. But if you want to stick to the $600 price range and want to get a amp that's seriously loud and can do Albert hall size gigs you're going to be very hard pressed to find such an amp. I'll do a lil research for you and see what I can source up.

Archived