Hi,

Not sure if any of this has been said further up the line but have a think about this!

If u want serious rock amp but not really in need of an amazing clean sound go for hughes and kettner. They are pricey but they rock hard.

There are plenty of good amps out there if ur willing to stretch your budget...if so look for names like mesa boogie, orange, peavy, fender, and high end marshall gear, to mention but a few!!

I dont hav that kinda dosh:( so instead im pretty happy with a marshall AVT150 head and a twin speaker 1936 cab. (i dont like the speakers in the combo version so this cab is much better!) Its not the best but its pretty good value for money. Definately worth considering if u ask me! Its clean channel is crystal!!!

However, if u want a good pedal setup u cant go far wrong with carl martin...again its pricey stuff but its 100 times better than standard boss pedals. i got a hot drive n boost (mrk 1...there are 3 versions)

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=P_qB8QAA1190384420&command=link--cmhdb

its awesome:D great for lead work cos the boost is perfect!

But if u like effects but have a strict budget dont overlook multieffects! Zoom are my favourite. Everything else iv tried is overcomplicated or crap!

Which leads me to my setup: Ibanez ASX42 -- jim dunlop cry baby wah -- zoom G2 -- carl martin HDnB -- Marshall AVT150

Hope this helped,

HJ

Btw, can anyone give us some advice on wireless systems or direct me to a thread that does??? thanks

I've heard things going on that fuzz factories don't work with wireless. is this true? is there a solution? cheers.

That wouldn't make much sense... My only guess would be that it might have problems transmitting the signal once it's modified, but that wouldn't make sense either, seeing as Matt has a few thousand dollars' worth of fuzz factories built into his guitars, and he has no problems going wireless. I don't think...

they're sexy,what are they like price wise,i cant find anything lol.

They're custom-made so you simply have to get a quote from the luthier mr Jacek Kobylski. But - for high-end instuments - they're surprisingly affordable. An equivalent of ca. 1000 quid gets you a VERY sweet fully pro bass that can easily compete with axes that cost twice as much but bear more widely rocognizable names.

Archived