So they'd have to about triple the amount of fans that are attending each show now. I don't know if they are big enough for that yet. Let me put it this way: they opened for U2 in Giants Stadium this past fall, I don't think they'd be able to headline a year later. I really hope I'm wrong though.

I think you're correct. The Palace at Auburn wasn't sold out (I believe), although it was pretty darn full. I just can't see Muse doing any stadium tours yet--maybe for the next album. If the promoters aren't absolutely sure they could fill a stadium, it won't happen.

I think the autumn dates will be filling in the gaps: Los Angeles, Ohio, Florida, (maybe) NYC, and a few others. I don't know if I'd expect the pillars, though. Let's hope not.

I think you're correct. The Palace at Auburn wasn't sold out (I believe), although it was pretty darn full. I just can't see Muse doing any stadium tours yet--maybe for the next album. If the promoters aren't absolutely sure they could fill a stadium, it won't happen.

I think the autumn dates will be filling in the gaps: Los Angeles, Ohio, Florida, (maybe) NYC, and a few others. I don't know if I'd expect the pillars, though. Let's hope not.

Yeah I don't think they're gonna go bigger when they come back. I'm thinking no pillars, maybe even smaller venues. I'm hoping for Hartford or something remotely close to NY, CT, NJ.

No way they'll be doing stadiums here for a good long time. They just aren't big enough here and are still growing.

Anyway I'm predicting hittign the places they missed this spring (FL, NC, etc.) ACL and a few more festivals.

No way they'll be doing stadiums here for a good long time. They just aren't big enough here and are still growing.

Anyway I'm predicting hittign the places they missed this spring (FL, NC, etc.) ACL and a few more festivals.

Exactly. There's no way they're big enough. Some of the recent arena gigs, while full, aren't completely sold out. Even U2 when they came to Atlanta in October (Muse as opener) didn't completely sell out the 80,000 cap. GA Dome.

YES PLEASE.

Seriously. There's no reason not to. Besides, I think they would just looooove NOLA. :LOL:

They would! I would love a NOLA show, my family is from there and I still have relatives on the Mississippi gulf coast. Free lodging and Muse is one of my favorite cities, perfect.

As I'm not from the US and don't know exactly how 'big' Muse are over there, could they really sell out a few stadiums?

I don't think they could. MAYBE in NYC and LA, and even that's a stretch when you look at the amount of seats and GA they'd have to sell; that someone posted before me.

I don't see them selling out any stadiums in Florida. They're being played on all the alternative stations in the major cities (Jax, Tampa, Orlando, Miami, etc.) But I don't think the radio listeners would be willing to pay the ticket price that would go along with a stadium tour.

As I'm not from the US and don't know exactly how 'big' Muse are over there, could they really sell out a few stadiums?

Maybe if it was the only show announced, or maybe even the only show taking place in the entire state of California or something. And even then it would be somewhat questionable.

I hope that they announce a date for Florida. They are probably the most popular band in Tampa right now. Every time I turn on the radio either The Resistance is playing or Uprising. They could sell out the St Pete Times forum easily.

I hope so! St Pete is not far from Orlando, that is definitely do-able (seeing as how we drove to ATLANTA in feb to catch the closest one). Would absolutely go to St. Pete. Or, if they diss Florida again, I'm not above driving to SC or Atlanta... again. This time I really want to get GA though! Seats were great, but I really want "THE" Muse concert experience.

To be honest, I think Muse is content with just the arena shows. They took a chance with those dates, I don't think they want to take another chance with stadiums quite yet.

Yeah, I remember them saying as much in a recent interview. I think they were surprised by ticket sales for the arenas.

I just don't see a stadium tour. Not impossible, but, in my opinion, damn near it. The big metropolitan areas will definitely get hit up, though.

As a Houston local, I'm obviously partial to a return show here, but, seeing as though they already played a big gig here at the Toyota Center, I'm a bit worried. At the very least, I could see ACL and the American Airlines Center in Dallas being stops in Texas.

NOLA on the other hand, would definitely be worth the trip. That has potential to be awesome. I don't know if the lineups are set, unlikely, but the Voodoo Experience festival will be there at the end of October (3 weeks after ACL). Could be a possibility.

How 'bout Kansas City, MO? We have the Sprint Center. A beautiful three year old downtown venue that can accommodate 19,000 to 20,000. Then there's the brand new Independence Events Center just 20 minutes outside of KC. It holds up to 7,000 for concerts.

Of the two I would LOVE to see Muse perform at the Sprint Center. It's the perfect arena venue with great bars, restaurants, and hotels all within walking distance. Plus the parking is decent (lots of garage space) at $5 US for events, and the area is safe and clean. Granted, the Sprint Center a big place to fill, but Kansas City is an awesome location considering it's proximity to major cities in the US.

This has been an unpaid announcement for the Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association.:D

why more us dates?

in the UK we got a 6 date tour : (

then we've got 3 stadium shows and 3 festival appearances, which comes to 12 shows (then 14 if you count tin'muff), all from september 09 until september 2010...

yeah, the US is considerabley bigger than the UK, but Muse belong over here...

i'm sure the current US tour is way over 14 dates, although I'll have to check.

I know others have replied but I had to drive 6 1/2 hours one way to one of my "local" shows and 3 hours one way to the other "local" show. Honestly if they were further away than Atl/Chi/St Louis for me it would be a considered choice.

No. But I think others have answered. They aren't there yet but maybe they could do the Super Bowl half time show! :LOL:

FWIW --

Biggest show on current tour was The Palace in Detroit/Auburn Hills, MI. This seats about 23,000 for end-stage concerts. Muse has a solid following in this area and several radio stations including the biggest rock station (WRIF) and the alternative station (89X) picked up and promoted the show.

A second show in Detroit would attract even more attention but my guess is that they will do Cleveland or Columbus instead. No out door football stadiums, they aren't big enough yet.

Comments that the US got this many shows or that many shows really don't make much sense to me. The US is huge and they are playing something like 1 show per state (some heavily populated states such as Ohio got none). The UK, the size of a US state enjoyed a dozen or so shows plus massive festivals and Wembley over last couple years - and with less than a 50 mile drive you can catch a show. Even though I live in the "Detroit-area", I had a 65 mile drive to go to my local gig.

They are actually playing about one to two shows per 5-6 state region.

Yeah I don't think they're gonna go bigger when they come back. I'm thinking no pillars, maybe even smaller venues. I'm hoping for Hartford or something remotely close to NY, CT, NJ.

Oh maybe they could come and do the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in September. That's near enough to me and bound to liven things up a bit! :LOL:

Archived