Alysum

sup, I want to buy a fuzz probe

I'm living in germany,is it good to buy it for :

•315€ from haarguitars (NL)

•300$ from music toyz (US)

or

• 300$ from buzzbox

do you know how it is with taxes?(US to germany, I think there are no taxes netherlands to germany,are there?)

I don't think there are any taxes from the Netherlands to Germany because of the EU, not sure though. Why don't you ask haarguitars? They should know.

Buy from haarguitars, great service! :) And the transport costs and customs from the US could be a bitch, so get it from Haar. :)

the transport costs from the US are 25€(without taxes)

haarguitars haven't got the probe in stock and didn't answer my email

music toyz responded within one day(I might buy it from them)

I'm still not sure about the taxes from US to germany,but I read in here somewhere that it could be marked as presend and it would be tax free then

maybe someone who did this could explain that to me again

thanks in advance

hey, just got my fuzz probe, and im just wondering if anyones got ideas for settings on different muse songs. pib i've got except for the squealing in the beginning... not sure how to work that one to get the right sound. otherwise, just ideas for new born, hyper music, erm... anything else anyone wants to suggest. u can pm me if nobody else wants to hear about it :D

hey, just got my fuzz probe, and im just wondering if anyones got ideas for settings on different muse songs. pib i've got except for the squealing in the beginning... not sure how to work that one to get the right sound. otherwise, just ideas for new born, hyper music, erm... anything else anyone wants to suggest. u can pm me if nobody else wants to hear about it :D

Don't bother using it for Hyper Music, it just sounds wrong in my opinion. Best to keep it clean, although you could use the Probe for a volume boost (vol, gate, stab - maxed, drive and comp - min).

PIB is just the "Radio Fuzz" preset on the instruction sheet.

New Born I've not worked out yet, but I'm working on it.

hmm this fuzz probe seems limiting and lame. the thermin seems gimicky. all it does is control different pitches of squeals which is not musical and probably painful for the audience at high volumes...i'd never use it, when would u?! then it seems useless when im using fuzz, it's almost like a wah or a volume pedal. i have a boss d1 and dont think i need such an expensive pedal to get "fuzz" rather than distortion.

im thinking of selling it. so far nothing in this thread has changed my mind with the pedal...its just expensive fuzz, and the probe is a gimick with the thermin. please change my mind if u can, otherwise it'll go up on ebay :(

hmm this fuzz probe seems limiting and lame. the thermin seems gimicky. all it does is control different pitches of squeals which is not musical and probably painful for the audience at high volumes...i'd never use it, when would u?! then it seems useless when im using fuzz, it's almost like a wah or a volume pedal. i have a boss d1 and dont think i need such an expensive pedal to get "fuzz" rather than distortion.

im thinking of selling it. so far nothing in this thread has changed my mind with the pedal...its just expensive fuzz, and the probe is a gimick with the thermin. please change my mind if u can, otherwise it'll go up on ebay :(

Is it the probe you have a problem with or is it the actual pedal? I have to ask - what were you expecting the probe bit to do?

If you dont like the probe bit, just don't tread on it and set the pedal so it doesn't squeal (stab up full or nearly full). You could always trade the probe for just the FF - smaller, cheaper and stable if you want it to be.

Don't sell it, you need to give the Fuzz Probe alot of time to appreciate what it can do.

And get an EQ pedal as well, the FP really comes to life then.

I have got bored with my FP sometimes, then it does something truly amazing.

But don't go selling it when you haven't tried all of its possibilities

ah ok, thanks. whats an eq pedal? i'll give it a try. noone really could explain what the thermin does, so i thought it would be more diverse than what its doing at the moment. which is indeed pointless. hopefully i'll be suprised in the future, but i doubt it. fingers crossed tho ay? i'll hold onto it for a while

ah ok, thanks. whats an eq pedal? i'll give it a try. noone really could explain what the thermin does, so i thought it would be more diverse than what its doing at the moment. which is indeed pointless. hopefully i'll be suprised in the future, but i doubt it. fingers crossed tho ay? i'll hold onto it for a while

An EQ pedal controls the tone of your sound by boosting or taking away different frequencies.

try turning the volume control down on your guitar slightly, use of the theremin stands out a lot more then

Boss GE-7 is good. Its essential for me personally, coz it lets you complete shape the tone of your fuzz / distortion. I use it slight "scoop" to cut the mids and boost the treble and bass frequencies when I use my FF. Some people probably use it for their clean sounds, too. Alternatively you could set it "flat" and use it as a volume boost.

Matt Bellamy and Tom Morello use the DOD EQ stompbox.

I have the DOD one(FX40 I think), and the Boss GE7, they`re both good, both 7 band. I probably prefer the boss one a little bit though.

The only real difference is, you might be able to get the DOD cheaper, but it will possibly be harder to find. (Do they even make them any more? I know Morello uses a ye olde one, like his whammy)

The boss was about £40, the Dod about £30.

I'll order a fuzz factory from haarguitars(could someone tell me please,if I can order per e-mail or how else?)

a fuzz probe from the USA to germany would cost more than 385$

fuzz probe: 300$

shipping: 25$

import taxes: about 10$*

normal taxes: about 50$(16%)

*depends if the code is 9209920000(would be 2,7% then) or some other import tax code(normally 3-3,6%),very complicated

Archived