Re: Probe

If you're trying to switch it off do u not get all swooshy sounds before your foot reaches the bypass switch because it is directly above the probe?

Re: Probe

If you're trying to switch it off do u not get all swooshy sounds before your foot reaches the bypass switch because it is directly above the probe?

No, unless you really want to, the antenna only reaches up a couple of inches at the most (with the factory setting anyway). It not as big a problem as you lot make it out to be

i just ordered a fuzz probe new from a dealer on ebay.com for $314. hopefully import tax and VAT won't be much, but i cant wait to try it out! :D

hey how long does ur battery last ?

(If you`re talking about the factory not the probe)

I think Mr Vex said his prototype has had the same battery for 3 years in it. :eek: It`s supposed to very power ecomical, less that 10% of what some stompboxes take.

As long as you make sure it`s switched off and you take the jack leads out when you`re done, it should last AGES!(Mine does.....it`s the only bit of kit I can bare using batteries with) :D

i just ordered a fuzz probe new from a dealer on ebay.com for $314. hopefully import tax and VAT won't be much, but i cant wait to try it out! :D

Just add 4% to the price you paid (when you've converted into pounds of course) then to that price add a further 17.5% then you have the price your paying, then there is shipping costs

Just add 4% to the price you paid (when you've converted into pounds of course) then to that price add a further 17.5% then you have the price your paying, then there is shipping costs

It's not, I e-mailed the same guy..

I'm pretty sure $314 is the total price..

Only if he paid duty on it. :(

Better to be safe than sorry.

Just have up to 40 pounds on standby, ...it`s not nice when you open the door to the postie and he hits you for the customs money on your doorstep.

Well according to a government website on duties and customs, you do have to pay import tax (4%) and VAT (17.5%), otherwise you are breaking the law, so you'll have your Fuzz Probe confiscated and have a huge fine to pay instead

well its actually a "gift" to me, so import tax is dropped. but i have enough money to cover it not. its cheaper to do it that way from america anyway...getting it new here is stupid...one place from zvex. i saw was selling it for £289 delivered. too pricey

I bought a fuzz probe from Buzzfox.com and it arrived yesterday. I had bought another pedal with it, so when the guy arrived at the door he hit me with an £84 customs charge. I was expecting there to be a charge on it but not just as high as that. In the long run it works out about £50 cheaper than buying it from the UK.

If you can get one for £250 on eBay and the like, I would recommend that as it will work out about the same as buying it in from America/Canada

well its actually a "gift" to me, so import tax is dropped. but i have enough money to cover it not. its cheaper to do it that way from america anyway...getting it new here is stupid...one place from zvex. i saw was selling it for £289 delivered. too pricey

Mine was £249, you have to haggle with places to get the best prices

doesnt seem like a bad deal, seems ok actually. probes r hard to get cheap in this country, so then theres sorting out importing, which we discussed before. plus he said the pedals basically new anyway

Hi,

Don't know if anybody asked this before, but here goes:

Has anyone tried building the FF into their own guitar, just like Matt's? I'm thinking about doing it. I want to buy the internal FF from mansons.co.uk (rather expensive I'm affraid, but it's the only place I've found with a internal FF + they make Matt's guitars :-) ). They wrote me, that it's not a simple operation, but I wanna ask around a little first and get more oppinions. Anyone tried it?

How many wires do you need to connect and rewire and stuff?

They don't have all the 5 knobs on the internal FF, only 2. Anyone knows which of the 5 from the external FF it uses? And does anyone know how they're connected to the print board (the knobs)?

Ok, a lot of questions that hopefully some of you can help me with. Ooh, just one more :-)

Does anybody know another place where they sell the internal FF besides mansons.co.uk?

so has anyone come up with any definative settings for a more absolution sound? i.e the live tour and that good stuff

Why would you want a FF that you can only use in one guitar ?!?

To experiment :) I already have one guitar where I use a ton of other effects for. I always wanted to have a guitar with a build-in distortion and what can be better than a FF then? :cool:

well lets leave the copying thoughts aside. i considered that, im sure we all have, until it was pointed out that you cant use it on other guitars. now i only have one electric, and im not planning on buying another for ages. so thats why i decided to buy a fuzz probe...as much as a fuzz factory built into your guitar, probably, but you have it on your pedal board

and with it on your board, you can take it anywhere and use it with new/different guitars for various reasons...testing, using at other venues if your guitar fucks up, whatever. shit happens...dont put it all together

I wanna have my FF build into my guitar! I'm sorry if that offends you!

I wanna have a guitar with build in distortion, so that I don't have to bring all my pedals everywhere. And I'm one of those people who loves screwing around with his guitar and sounds and settings while playing (did that long before Muse came out) and there's nothing more annoying to crawl around on the floor to mess up the sounds. Call me a copier, wannabe or whatever, but I've been having the idea for a long time (long before Muse) and now I finally have a chance to get something really cool build into a guitar.

So instead of just telling me not to do it, maybe try and help instead. And if you can't help with my questions, then just don't say anything.......

search for pics of the manson wiring,maybe you could copy how it works,or something like that