Alysum

ayy, a cardiff dude. u a student, or??

Nah dude I just work here ! Moving to Bristol on Saturday, so if anyone knows of a decent music store there it would be much appreciated.

With regards to the question about sustain, there's a Boss pedal called a Compressor/Sustainer that will do the job. I have one, but I never use it because it makes your guitar go "click click click..."

Nah dude I just work here ! Moving to Bristol on Saturday, so if anyone knows of a decent music store there it would be much appreciated.QUOTE]

thats amusing...im in bristol now...i live here and im a cardiff student. i dunno how well u know of bristol, but going up the hill on the "triangle" gives you the direction to one guitar shop, not that great. and another further into town. but sorry, cant help with directions :(

With regards to the question about sustain, there's a Boss pedal called a Compressor/Sustainer that will do the job. I have one, but I never use it because it makes your guitar go "click click click..."

I informed myself yesterday and read that there are no really good sustainer and that it's better to get EMG active pick ups

do you use batteries for your compressor?

I informed myself yesterday and read that there are no really good sustainer and that it's better to get EMG active pick ups

do you use batteries for your compressor?

It's not really a good idea to get active pickups either, well it's not if you use a lot of pedals as certain pedals don't like active pickups. But if you use hardly any and those pedals can work with active pickups, then go for it.

By the way Randombaz, do you regret getting the Fuzz Probe now?

Do you regret not listening to my advice and try one out before you buy it?

:happy:

yeh its a good idea to try pedals out of course, but there isnt a music shop who stocks fuzz factorys / probes in cardiff/bristol, so i couldnt try it out, could i? i never regret buying it, coz i know i could sell it here for the price i got it if i hated it. atm i think the fuzz range is interesting and has potential, but im trying to find musical use of the thermin. got any tips?

buzzfox sell them for $220, but the shipping might be more from there, im not sure. (yeah... its only $10 difference, but still... :rolleyes: )

I got my factory for 179 quid...what the hell is that in dollars?

Got a fuzz probe imported. Cheapest way to do it. I was young and stupid when purchasing the factory from denmark street in london.........

wooaa..I want the ZVex Mammoth..

yeh if i had more money i'd give the others a go. but then again, its easy to always want more!

which is why when im very rich, i'm going to buy every pedal in the world and make a giant pedal board. it'll consume most of the arena stage in which i'll obviously be playing, and i'll require small trampolines to move from one area to another, but i'll sound space-age, maaaaaaan

yeh if i had more money i'd give the others a go. but then again, its easy to always want more!

which is why when im very rich, i'm going to buy every pedal in the world and make a giant pedal board. it'll consume most of the arena stage in which i'll obviously be playing, and i'll require small trampolines to move from one area to another, but i'll sound space-age, maaaaaaan

The guitarist (Ace) from skunkanansie or whatever they are called did a world recond atempt where he used 100 pedals at once and if he could pull of an audible riff he became a record breaker, he did Whole Lotta Love by Zepplin and won.

I got my factory for 179 quid...what the hell is that in dollars?

Got a fuzz probe imported. Cheapest way to do it. I was young and stupid when purchasing the factory from denmark street in london.........

wooaa..I want the ZVex Mammoth..

its about $310

yeh it will be crazy. the speed of phaser oscillations will be actually determined by a kinda-of paddling pool in the final version...a paddle pointlessly creates waves, which causes a float to select the phaser motion analoguely. i have no idea what im talking about, but it will be done...

The guitarist from skunkanansie or whatever they are called did a world recond atempt where he used 100 pedals at once and if he could pull of an audible riff he became a record breaker, he did Whole Lotta Love by Zepplin and won.

ha, how funny

*realises there's already competition :mad:

yeh its a good idea to try pedals out of course, but there isnt a music shop who stocks fuzz factorys / probes in cardiff/bristol, so i couldnt try it out, could i? i never regret buying it, coz i know i could sell it here for the price i got it if i hated it. atm i think the fuzz range is interesting and has potential, but im trying to find musical use of the thermin. got any tips?

Use it for fills, psuedo modulation type stuff, if you have a kill switch on your guitar, that can be interesting, if you play softly enough (like me) you can use it for volume pedal type effects (everything at minimum except volume and gate)

Use it for fills, psuedo modulation type stuff, if you have a kill switch on your guitar, that can be interesting, if you play softly enough (like me) you can use it for volume pedal type effects (everything at minimum except volume and gate)

hey thanks for the inspiration, especially with a kill switch (i just do humbuckered volume down thing) good idea. what do u mean by psuedo modulation?

Archived