:happy: That is a great experience, innit?

I remember Brixton last year... 100's of people leaving the academy in the pouring rain singing LSF down the brixton high street and inside the tube station, not giving a toss about getting drenched, just on a kasabian high!

It was bordering on beautiful:happy: was funny as hell as well, since between each "rendition" of it, we al started going "All together now", "All they way to camp", and a few other things as as well (I seem to remember the phrase "Sing ya bastards!" being shouted once, which made us all burst out laughing:LOL:)

It was bordering on beautiful:happy: was funny as hell as well, since between each "rendition" of it, we al started going "All together now", "All they way to camp", and a few other things as as well (I seem to remember the phrase "Sing ya bastards!" being shouted once, which made us all burst out laughing:LOL:)

"Sing ya bastards!"

Reading that got me laughing too! :LOL:

So glad you didn't go to BEP! :kiss: It was Musey goodness at its best!:happy:

Me too:D It really was. I think that it was a home gig as well that added it to being proper special too.

Did not see half as much of you as I would have liked.:supersad:

It rocked. :)

It did indeed Brian.:happy:

There were a lot of cunts at the gig, I'm glad we had a large group.

LOL.

This is true! :LOL:

I had loads of little scraps with people, it was deadly! :LOL: I was giving them all stick! I had my own little space created around me in the end :chuckle:

Yeah I was laughing at the 'mosh pit' beside us. Then my friend got hit and I was all 'Oi lads came down would ye', then kinda decided it was funny again. Depends on what mood you're in I think.:LOL:

This! :D

:yesey:

It did indeed Brian.:happy:

:happy:

yeah, bliss was for "the bloody messageboard"

lol Thats great. :D

A few of of us were almost prepared to leave mid evening because of the rain. But didn't. Thank fuck for that!!:LOL:

CE had no rain, awesome!! Then it started again, heavy, for USoE (i think) but it didn't matter after that, especially because the rain-lasers rocked!!:happy:

Sorry we didn't get to meet. We basically got in there and made a beeline for the main stage.

Did you have a good time?

Had a brilliant time. Met other Musers who aren't on the site. But it was all good

Well despite not getting to meet anybody! Was a pretty epic weekend, I seriously screamed like a girl when matt played the 1st note to bliss :LOL:

So that was you? :LOL:

the irish like a drink i tell you that :p

found it really funny when drunken guys were comming up to me chatting away and i couldnt understand them at all :LOL:

remeber one asking me to go back to his tent:stunned: :LOL: drunken madness!

Replace 'tent' with 'apartment' and this sounds like last call on a Saturday night. :LOL:

btw-off topic buuuut, would anyone who saw kasabian remember what songs were played? i cant find a setlist online :rolleyes:

emph off the top of my head in no praticular order except for the first one - fast fuse, empire, stuntman, doberman, lsf, club foot, reason is treason, cutt off, underdog, where did all the love go, julie and the mothman, take aim, fire... that's it I think :)

emph off the top of my head in no praticular order except for the first one - fast fuse, empire, stuntman, doberman, lsf, club foot, reason is treason, cutt off, underdog, where did all the love go, julie and the mothman, take aim, fire... that's it I think :)

thanks! :happy:

Oxegen was amazing... the setlist, choice of songs, the order, the performance... Glastonbury was just an average performance of their standard setlist... nothing special.

Fingers crossed they will keep it up for Wembley.

I agree with the first part but a wee bit harse on Glasto.

I wasn't at Glasto - only watched it on TV and I agree with what Olly said previously about being at the gig itself and watching it on the tv is completely different.

Do you ever think that maybe we expect too much. Most people will only see any given artist / band, once in maybe a five year period, that's a random bullshit figure... but let's just say it could be true. Even if it's a band you really like you are only going to see them once each tour. So you really can't expect a band to change the setlist too much.

T in the park was a pretty poor performance on their part. As for the setlist, Oxegen's was better by a mile. If we'd got CE or Bliss, then they'd have been even, but we just got the bog standard set whereas oxegen got a cracker.

haha - as soon as they started playing Bliss, I knew the "bloody messageboard" would love it. For me I would take CE over Bliss but hell we got both :D

It was an epic gig, that's all you need to know.

:D:D:D

Aaaw... My body is still so sore even in places where I didn't know I had muscles!! :LOL:

same here. also has no else mentioned the smell of some of the sweaty, dirty, mucky people who I assume had been there for the full weekend? A bit too close for comfort at times :p

:yesey:

:happy:

lol Thats great. :D

A few of of us were almost prepared to leave mid evening because of the rain. But didn't. Thank fuck for that!!:LOL:

CE had no rain, awesome!! Then it started again, heavy, for USoE (i think) but it didn't matter after that, especially because the rain-lasers rocked!!:happy:

me thinks that may have been the worst rain all day during USoE - but it did look really good and cooled things down

Had a brilliant time. Met other Musers who aren't on the site. But it was all good

:LOL:

glad you enjoyed it - Epic!!!!

Did anyone see my friends diving into the massive mud lake? One was wearing an Indian hat. I wasn't with them, was near the front beside one of the pits, I had to move over to there because I was beside 2 people who kissed for basically a whole 20 mins and was around dead people who wouldn't move.

So sad when hardly anyone sang to CE and Bliss and when I was one of the only people to cheer when he mentioned the message board around me

Matt was definitely drunk. Did anyone see him spin his amp for about a minute and just stare at it, it was hilarious

It was also my first Muse gig (Even though I am a massive fan) and oxegen. I had very inconsiderate friends who moved my stuff without telling me so I thought I had been robbed. When they told me they had moved it they also told me they didn't bring any of my stuff home. And I brought a lot of my clothes. My tent was also in a huge stat the whole time, awful few nights sleep. Still had an amazing time though

Highlights: Muse, Kasabian, Black Keys, Arcade Fire, Groove Armada

There were a lot of cunts at the gig, I'm glad we had a large group.

Far too many of them, I too am glad we were in a large group!

my feet were so swollen from the pressure and the wellies I actually couldn't wear any shoes but my flipflops

Walking boots FTW! :happy:

Last night has actually got me "into" kasabian. never really got them before, but watching them close the main stage at T was just incredible :D

Aren't they just great?!

BTW, did we tell people we were the first 3 people inside the festival grounds on Saturday!? We are made of awesome!

Erm, there's a reason for that though, yes? Still very surprised at what you did to be honest.

Some clues were the spray-on jeans and Aviators' sunglasses in abundance! :LOL:

It was glaringly obvious!:LOL:

also has no else mentioned the smell of some of the sweaty, dirty, mucky people who I assume had been there for the full weekend? A bit too close for comfort at times :p

Oooo yes, nasty!:LOL:

Love your new sig pic of you and Karen at Oxegen Paul!

Matt was definitely drunk. Did anyone see him spin his amp for about a minute and just stare at it, it was hilarious

Actually he's been doing that for the last few gigs but it's still amusing!:)

Erm, there's a reason for that though, yes? Still very surprised at what you did to be honest.

I am too! But no one bloody cared, security actually said to me "you stand here then!" and I asked the people at the queue if they minded and they said no! :LOL:

I would never do something like that but when people are just queuing just to get in rather than run to the front, I'd rather be infront of them. Funnily enough when we ran to the front we noticed fast enough we were amongst the only few who were actually running!

Anyway, the reason I would never do something like that is cos it's unfair on people infront but if they don't care then well, heck why not.

Oooo yes, nasty!:LOL:

Love your new sig pic of you and Karen at Oxegen Paul!

very nasty :)

& cheers - the hat had to go when Muse started, it went flying thourgh the air (maybe someone was able to use it the next day)

I am too! But no one bloody cared, security actually said to me "you stand here then!" and I asked the people at the queue if they minded and they said no! :LOL:

I would never do something like that but when people are just queuing just to get in rather than run to the front, I'd rather be infront of them. Funnily enough when we ran to the front we noticed fast enough we were amongst the only few who were actually running!

Anyway, the reason I would never do something like that is cos it's unfair on people infront but if they don't care then well, heck why not.

sounds fair enough

I agree with the first part but a wee bit harse on Glasto.

I wasn't at Glasto - only watched it on TV and I agree with what Olly said previously about being at the gig itself and watching it on the tv is completely different.

Do you ever think that maybe we expect too much. Most people will only see any given artist / band, once in maybe a five year period, that's a random bullshit figure... but let's just say it could be true. Even if it's a band you really like you are only going to see them once each tour. So you really can't expect a band to change the setlist too much.

I don't think we expect too much especially when they proved to us that they can bring it on with that performance at Oxegen. I am talking about the performance here more than the choice of songs, which was one of my biggest issue with Glastonbury.

Having been at both for me the performance they pulled at Oxegen was a million time better than Glastonbury.

I don't think we expect too much especially when they proved to us that they can bring it on with that performance at Oxegen. I am talking about the performance here more than the choice of songs, which was one of my biggest issue with Glastonbury.

Having been at both for me the performance they pulled at Oxegen was a million time better than Glastonbury.

You are in a very good position to compare the 2 gigs – better than most including me.

I've watched Glastonbury on TV about 5 times now but I was not there in person. I can't judge from the TV how good the audience or atmosphere was but I can get a good idea of the performance. For me watching Muse at Glastonbury was a million times better compared to most other bands around now. Yes Oxegen was better but it doesn’t take away from Glastonbury. It’s not like when watching Glastonbury I think “crap – they can’t be arsed”.

I guess this is what I’m thinking: some people here go and see Muse Multiple times each tour and then get very critical over each performance. The more you go to see a band the harder it will be to get a performance that really stands out (unless it’s Y&T). It’s like eating your favourite meal every single night – you will get fed up with it and become more fussy (probably gain a few pounds as well – unless salad happens to be your Fav.)

Anyway – I’m waffling :)

I'm lazy. So kill me.

Setlist, pls?

picture.php?albumid=1037&pictureid=25389

You are in a very good position to compare the 2 gigs – better than most including me.

I've watched Glastonbury on TV about 5 times now but I was not there in person. I can't judge from the TV how good the audience or atmosphere was but I can get a good idea of the performance. For me watching Muse at Glastonbury was a million times better compared to most other bands around now. Yes Oxegen was better but it doesn’t take away from Glastonbury. It’s not like when watching Glastonbury I think “crap – they can’t be arsed”.

I guess this is what I’m thinking: some people here go and see Muse Multiple times each tour and then get very critical over each performance. The more you go to see a band the harder it will be to get a performance that really stands out (unless it’s Y&T). It’s like eating your favourite meal every single night – you will get fed up with it and become more fussy (probably gain a few pounds as well – unless salad happens to be your Fav.)

Anyway – I’m waffling :)

I think the issue is that it is a very subjective matter as we all have different ideas of what a good performance is, what we like and we don't.

I am glad if people have enjoyed the Glasto performance either on the day or on TV or any gigs I've been to that I didn't particularly enjoyed because at least someone else did.

Btw I am liking the food analogy, the only thing is that Muse is the opposite every time I see them I seemed to loose a few pounds from all the jumping or trying to hang on for dear life! :LOL:

Archived