Got back from oxegen late last night, dont think ill ever camp at a festival again, the mud was atrocious and really put a downer on an incredible weekend of music.

I feel sorry for anyone in blue campsite on sunday night, i had a walk around and it was absolute mayhem, burning tents, kids passed out under tents on the paths and people throwing up all over the place. Theres definitly some characters there though, especially the guy that at 8am saturday morning was already so pissed that he had duc taped his sunglasses to his face to stop them from falling off even though the rain was pouring down.

Muse were just incredible, wasnt expecting it to be that good, had a good space in the crowd to jump around like a mad man during citizen erased, 5 gigs now and its the one song i still hadnt hear that i was desperate to.

Eminem and Jay-Z were also incredible, loved arcade fire but they had such a small crowd, the main stage was dead after jay z left.

I stayed in red and it was pretty tame compared to blue. I walked through it quite often and it was absolutely trashed. We left on Sunday night after Eminem as I really was not up for staying in the camp that night, I'd have been a bit afraid :LOL:.

Jay-Z, Eminem, Muse and 30STM were the highlights for me.

Scrap my earlier comments - the best part of the Muse gig was that drum solo at the end of Knights of Cydonia. I have heard that song so many bloody times live now but that solo... hot diggidy damn.

Yes red was for winners this week end - I heard of bad things down in the blue camp. In red we were well looked after.

Scrap my earlier comments - the best part of the Muse gig was that drum solo at the end of Knights of Cydonia. I have heard that song so many bloody times live now but that solo... hot diggidy damn.

Yes red was for winners this week end - I heard of bad things down in the blue camp. In red we were well looked after.

Blue camp was definitely a lot worse. I walked to the red camp and I thought I had left oxegen, it was completely different. There was a lot more older ones in the red camp it seemed and that was the difference

I stayed in red and it was pretty tame compared to blue. I walked through it quite often and it was absolutely trashed. We left on Sunday night after Eminem as I really was not up for staying in the camp that night, I'd have been a bit afraid :LOL:.

Yeah, we were in red campsite aswell, we actually had tickets for blue but it was full by the time we got there. Im so glad that it was because red campsite was just a good laugh the whole weekend.

I dont really understand why Jay Z didnt headline the friday to be honest, im an arcade fire fan but they just could not match his set afterwards, most people just treated him as the headliner.

Guest Sarah-x

this. :awesome:

where abouts in the crowd were you? i was right at the side and at the barrier, couldnt see the band but jared kept comming so close to us :D

Blue camp was definitely a lot worse. I walked to the red camp and I thought I had left oxegen, it was completely different. There was a lot more older ones in the red camp it seemed and that was the difference

camping doesnt sound good, glad i got an appartment in Dublin, busses each day were good.

Well here's my review, written at about half 2 Sunday morning in my cold damp tent :happy:

Everything about it was epic! Met a couple of Musers before Kasabian and spent the break joking about how disappointing it would be if they played GL, FG and NSC (something to do with a text from Olly apparently). Ended up deciding we'd be lucky to get MK as an opener instead of the usual. How wrong we were.

The lights went down halfway through Vertigo and the sound of sirens pierced the air. We thought Uprising was inevitable. Then Dom walks on stage in, of all things, the demon crow costume, a massive red headdress, and green undies, staring out at the crowd and smoking a pipe. Laughed so much, I don't think I'll ever forget it. :LOL:

Minutes pass and he doesn't move until Chris, in that rather dazzling blue suit, and Matt, in a shiny red one complete with the light-up glasses and a see-through raincoat (I'm sure you've all seen the pictures by now ;))take to the stage. That's when the unmistakable wail of a fuzz factory emerges from the Mirror Manson, and a hundred miniature screens spin around, bathed in purple light.

"Is it? No surely. Oh my god, it is!", and Plug In Baby bursts into life. It was wild! Absolutely unbelievable! Fancy dress and PIB to open? What the hell is happening? Nevermind that, jump. Jump like you've never jumped before. It was the perfect opener, blew us all away, quickly followed by a rocking SMBH, before the Glitterati comes out. "New Born" we all agree. This is the third song after all! Wrong again.

After recent festival sets I never though we'd get Unnatural Selection, but we did and my god was it heavy! The band really were on fire! So much energy with Matt clearly having a ball. It blew Liverpool out of the water and although I only saw Glastonbury on the telly it seemed a far better performance even than that. I spent the break before turning down water so I didn't need to go pee but I almost lost my voice by US, I drank at least a pint.

Citizen Erased was beautiful. I know that there are fans who have seen it half a dozen times now but there are so many newer fans who have seriously missed out. It was introduced as an old song, if anyone remebered it. I think they did, the crowd around me loved it. Bliss was another highlight and real pleasure to here. When Matt mentioned the messageboards I don't think I've ever shouted so loud at anyone in my life. "FUCK YEAH! MESSAGEBOARDS!" "IT'S A GREAT MESSAGEBOARD!" and then those sacred notes ring out. Matt was insane, missing most of the falsetto he was rocking so hard, catching up with an unbelievably high note Glasto style.

I really don't know what else to say. After terrible weather all day it was pretty much fine until the outro of CE, raining gently in Nishe and torrentially when it got to the SIAs in USOE. By that time I think we were all past caring about the weather so it only added to the atmosphere. Perfection. The glittery sparkly lasers in Undisclosed Desires were beautiful too :awesome:

Obviously the beefy Uprising outro was great and the riffs after TIRO seemed to never end (extended Voodoo Child and everything). Again Stockholm was mind-blowingly good and by that time I'd guessed at a Starlight/KOC encore which simply owned. Little nuances in from the whole band, and that epic jam at the end were all :D.

Other moments that stand out were the little things, like trying to guess the next song based on which guitar was out (something I never thought I'd be able to do ;)), singing along to the extra vocals in UD and harmonising with the guy in front of me on Resistance. I'll never forget it. Oh God it was amazing... :D:D:D

I never did meet up with any boardies on the site (it was huge and my phone was all over the place) but caught up with gazgriff on the inside barrier for the gig itself. I'd have loved to meet the rest of the guys. I felt sorry for Pip after reading about her experience. Its a shame that so many people in that crowd were dicks. Florence and Dizzee were almost unbearable thanks to all the pushing and shoving. I know I'd have probably been the same if I'd been at the front. I really hope everyone else enjoyed the gig as much as me at and that this is the start of something new for Muse. If it is a one-off I feel privilaged to have seen it, and gutted for all then fans who missed it (T In The Parkers especially)

[/massive review] :D

Well here's my review, written at about half 2 Sunday morning in my cold damp tent :happy:

Everything about it was epic! Met a couple of Musers before Kasabian and spent the break joking about how disappointing it would be if they played GL, FG and NSC (something to do with a text from Olly apparently). Ended up deciding we'd be lucky to get MK as an opener instead of the usual. How wrong we were.

The lights went down halfway through Vertigo and the sound of sirens pierced the air. We thought Uprising was inevitable. Then Dom walks on stage in, of all things, the demon crow costume, a massive red headdress, and green undies, staring out at the crowd and smoking a pipe. Laughed so much, I don't think I'll ever forget it. :LOL:

Minutes pass and he doesn't move until Chris, in that rather dazzling blue suit, and Matt, in a shiny red one complete with the light-up glasses and a see-through raincoat (I'm sure you've all seen the pictures by now ;))take to the stage. That's when the unmistakable wail of a fuzz factory emerges from the Mirror Manson, and a hundred miniature screens spin around, bathed in purple light.

"Is it? No surely. Oh my god, it is!", and Plug In Baby bursts into life. It was wild! Absolutely unbelievable! Fancy dress and PIB to open? What the hell is happening? Nevermind that, jump. Jump like you've never jumped before. It was the perfect opener, blew us all away, quickly followed by a rocking SMBH, before the Glitterati comes out. "New Born" we all agree. This is the third song after all! Wrong again.

After recent festival sets I never though we'd get Unnatural Selection, but we did and my god was it heavy! The band really were on fire! So much energy with Matt clearly having a ball. It blew Liverpool out of the water and although I only saw Glastonbury on the telly it seemed a far better performance even than that. I spent the break before turning down water so I didn't need to go pee but I almost lost my voice by US, I drank at least a pint.

Citizen Erased was beautiful. I know that there are fans who have seen it half a dozen times now but there are so many newer fans who have seriously missed out. It was introduced as an old song, if anyone remebered it. I think they did, the crowd around me loved it. Bliss was another highlight and real pleasure to here. When Matt mentioned the messageboards I don't think I've ever shouted so loud at anyone in my life. "FUCK YEAH! MESSAGEBOARDS!" "IT'S A GREAT MESSAGEBOARD!" and then those sacred notes ring out. Matt was insane, missing most of the falsetto he was rocking so hard, catching up with an unbelievably high note Glasto style.

I really don't know what else to say. After terrible weather all day it was pretty much fine until the outro of CE, raining gently in Nishe and torrentially when it got to the SIAs in USOE. By that time I think we were all past caring about the weather so it only added to the atmosphere. Perfection. The glittery sparkly lasers in Undisclosed Desires were beautiful too :awesome:

Obviously the beefy Uprising outro was great and the riffs after TIRO seemed to never end (extended Voodoo Child and everything). Again Stockholm was mind-blowingly good and by that time I'd guessed at a Starlight/KOC encore which simply owned. Little nuances in from the whole band, and that epic jam at the end were all :D.

Other moments that stand out were the little things, like trying to guess the next song based on which guitar was out (something I never thought I'd be able to do ;)), singing along to the extra vocals in UD and harmonising with the guy in front of me on Resistance. I'll never forget it. Oh God it was amazing... :D:D:D

I never did meet up with any boardies on the site (it was huge and my phone was all over the place) but caught up with gazgriff on the inside barrier for the gig itself. I'd have loved to meet the rest of the guys. I felt sorry for Pip after reading about her experience. Its a shame that so many people in that crowd were dicks. Florence and Dizzee were almost unbearable thanks to all the pushing and shoving. I know I'd have probably been the same if I'd been at the front. I really hope everyone else enjoyed the gig as much as me at and that this is the start of something new for Muse. If it is a one-off I feel privilaged to have seen it, and gutted for all then fans who missed it (T In The Parkers especially)

Wishing i'd gone now :LOL: get your arse on facebook ;)

That was a great review :happy: and ill agree, i dont think i'll ever forget that gig. I'd seen them twice before Oxegen and this was by far the best time I'd seen them, I was absolutely blown away. I had never seen CE live and oh my god, i nearly cried when i heard Dom drumming those two big bass drum beats. It was amazing :) and Bliss, I had heard it at Marlay Park a few years back but I could appreciate it so much more this time. Loved it so much :D of course Stockholm Syndrome was epic as ever, it always is, I think it was my favourite song of the night! I was devastated that they didnt play MOTP tho, or NB, but I suppose they have so many songs in their repertoire now that it's hard to keep everyone happy!

but seriously, PiB opener? how EPIC was it? :D I follow some Musers on twitter, and they're like 15 or 16 and they won't stop going on bout how unfair Oxegen was that they had such an epic gig. eughhh get over it! :indiff:

Anyone know if MTV are showing Oxegen this year like they did last year?

Hope someone records it. Im going to Portugal tonight so I won't be able to listen. I wonder what they mean by the only Live tracks?

Probably means they are the only people who have them. (As in only people who got any coverage of the festival.)

Hope someone records it. Im going to Portugal tonight so I won't be able to listen. I wonder what they mean by the only Live tracks?

I highlighted that bit cause I think it means they will play a select few tracks. 2fm normally broadcast entire sets but I'm presuming Muse only gave them permission for a few. We'll see anyway.

Thanks Claire. :happy:

I am still hoping that there will be a TV broadcast somewhere at some stage.

Yeah Mtv hopefully. Last time Muse played in 07 mtv didn't broadcast anything from Oxegen so hopefully its not the same this year...

... I know I'd have probably been the same if I'd been at the front. I really hope everyone else enjoyed the gig as much as me at and that this is the start of something new for Muse. If it is a one-off I feel privilaged to have seen it, and gutted for all then fans who missed it (T In The Parkers especially)

THANK YOU for the lovely massive review!!

I can only imagine the torrential rain and mud while being mind-blown by Muse, having only been to a comfortable, antiseptic arena show. Don't like the sound of the shoving. Pits should not be battlefields - at least not Muse pits. Sorry to hear Pip's story too. Unfortunate and scary but it sounded like she handled it like a pro.

Rte 2fm are broadcasting 'the only live tracks' from Oxegen this Thursday at 9pm and an interview with Chris. Also links to listen to other bands sets on the website.

http://2fm.rte.ie/home/

Thanks for the heads up! Good to see they have Listen Back so people who missed it can catch up later. They even go as far back as June.

Sorry to hear Pip's story too. Unfortunate and scary but it sounded like she handled it like a pro.

:stunned::stunned::LOL:

Seriously though, the security handled it well in that they managed to haul my fat arse out! Never, ever want to experience that 'I literally cannot inhale' feeling again :'(

:stunned::stunned::LOL:

Seriously though, the security handled it well in that they managed to haul my fat arse out! Never, ever want to experience that 'I literally cannot inhale' feeling again :'(

That's how I feel about the security guard at RAH...and I was a dead weight as I was unconscious! :LOL:

THANK YOU for the lovely massive review!!

I can only imagine the torrential rain and mud while being mind-blown by Muse, having only been to a comfortable, antiseptic arena show. Don't like the sound of the shoving. Pits should not be battlefields - at least not Muse pits. Sorry to hear Pip's story too. Unfortunate and scary but it sounded like she handled it like a pro.

That was a great review :happy: and ill agree, i dont think i'll ever forget that gig. I'd seen them twice before Oxegen and this was by far the best time I'd seen them, I was absolutely blown away. I had never seen CE live and oh my god, i nearly cried when i heard Dom drumming those two big bass drum beats. It was amazing :) and Bliss, I had heard it at Marlay Park a few years back but I could appreciate it so much more this time. Loved it so much :D of course Stockholm Syndrome was epic as ever, it always is, I think it was my favourite song of the night! I was devastated that they didnt play MOTP tho, or NB, but I suppose they have so many songs in their repertoire now that it's hard to keep everyone happy!

but seriously, PiB opener? how EPIC was it? :D I follow some Musers on twitter, and they're like 15 or 16 and they won't stop going on bout how unfair Oxegen was that they had such an epic gig. eughhh get over it! :indiff:

Anyone know if MTV are showing Oxegen this year like they did last year?

Hehe, I was in a complete daze when I wrote the bulk of it. :LOL:

The pits really were terrible on Saturday as far as pushing goes but as far as I'm concerned the worst thing was the smell on Sunday afternoon. I ended up praying for the people next to me to light up just to cover it (except the woman who gave me cigarette burns in both my elbows and set fire to some guy's wig. She was a bitch) :(

Hehe, I was in a complete daze when I wrote the bulk of it. :LOL:

The pits really were terrible on Saturday as far as pushing goes but as far as I'm concerned the worst thing was the smell on Sunday afternoon. I ended up praying for the people next to me to light up just to cover it (except the woman who gave me cigarette burns in both my elbows and set fire to some guy's wig. She was a bitch) :(

:stunned:

Archived