As if we needed any further confirmation, it looks like in the US, Resistance will be the 2nd single, according to info on allaccess.com

http://www.allaccess.com/alternative

Its on the Taking off list for Dec 30- Jan 5, and is on the Impacting list for Jan 12.

If you scroll down, you can stream the radio edit version that rikdtripp is talking about. I dont mind the missing we must run or the missing intro/outro, but I agree that taking out the piano part in the middle is a crime against humanity. Couldnt they spare an extra 10 seconds? It really hurts the song IMO.

Regardless, this is still my favorite of the mainstream songs on the album (1st 5 songs), and it sounds GREAT on the radio (full version on satellite radio).

And FTR, Guiding Light is shite. :p

Guiding Light is alright. I can't say it is my favorite or even that I particularly like it for its weirdness but it's ok. I kinda like that its a bit cheesy and when I'm alone at home I sing along to it in the over the top 80s rock star fashion. :$

But I strictly like it on the album. That track does not sound good when played live. At all.

And that is my main gripe with GL. If it sounds mediocre live, it shouldn't be played live. :shifty:

And back to topic.....I want to hear the radio edit of Resistance but I just know I will always prefer the album version.

Then stop telling Muse that this is how each fan thinks about Guiding Light. :rolleyes:

That's what pissed me off. It was bordering on elitism.

Yeah because we all go tell Muse every day how shit everyone on the board finds Guiding Light :rolleyes:

A lot of people don't like it, probably a lot of people do. As if Muse care. They'll use the reactions from live shows to base fan reaction, not this messageboard.

As if no one has ever had a single bad word to say about anything Muse have written ever :rolleyes:

That's the word I was searching for "etiquette". That's what hating Guiding Light is, Muser-etiquette. But I don't care anymore. I love the song and I know many others who love it too and sing along with me whenever the song's on. :happy: It had so much potential to become an anthem before someone decided to make it the most hated Muse tune pft. Whatever, like Sebastian Love would say. :D If I meet Muse I'll tell them not to be ashamed of the song at all despite what they've seen here. Guiding Light isn't shite at all. It has so many great details that have been missed and layers, it builds towards the end where Matt brings in the different kind of falsetto which adds to the mood.

But on topic, I'll try not to judge the radio edit before I hear it. Even if it worries me to hear about the piano part being removed before the second verse.

Well, it's kind of fashion here to not like certain songs. It's all about getting into the cool gang.

You're the one who is making a big deal about this. Some of us don't like Guiding Light. That is natural if you get into a band for their heavier side, sometimes there are some things in their lighter side you don't agree with. It's the same way how some people don't like MK Ultra, or Stockholm Syndrome or Dead Star.

How about people who like both:rolleyes:? I like different kinds of music in general too.

But seriously. Attitudes on this board:noey:

How about people who like both:rolleyes:? I like different kinds of music in general too.

But seriously. Attitudes on this board:noey:

People do like both, that wasn't my point.

My point was, some people will like Muse for the heavy side, some for the lighter side, some for a mix of both and some for the singles and some for other stuff. To call someone elitist for not liking Guiding Light and then accuse them of being a bully and potentially upsetting the band appears to be a bit pathetic to me and is unneccessary.

Alas i've made my point and can we now go back to topic.

So Resistance as a single? Yep fairly obvious. Need to hear the radio edit now.

As if we needed any further confirmation, it looks like in the US, Resistance will be the 2nd single, according to info on allaccess.com

http://www.allaccess.com/alternative

Its on the Taking off list for Dec 30- Jan 5, and is on the Impacting list for Jan 12.

If you scroll down, you can stream the radio edit version that rikdtripp is talking about. I dont mind the missing we must run or the missing intro/outro, but I agree that taking out the piano part in the middle is a crime against humanity. Couldnt they spare an extra 10 seconds? It really hurts the song IMO.

Regardless, this is still my favorite of the mainstream songs on the album (1st 5 songs), and it sounds GREAT on the radio (full version on satellite radio).

And FTR, Guiding Light is shite. :p

Here

Well, it's kind of fashion here to not like certain songs. It's all about getting into the cool gang.

For the last time it has nothing to do about fashion or getting into "the cool gang" (whatever that is) as much as there are people who likes Guiding Light there are people who don't. It's called having different musical taste. End. Of. Story.

Can't listen to it yet... the website requires a window media player which I haven't. I'll have to wait a bit longer for it.

For the last time it has nothing to do about fashion or getting into "the cool gang" (whatever that is) as much as there are people who likes Guiding Light there are people who don't. It's called having different musical taste. End. Of. Story.

Can't listen to it yet... the website requires a window media player which I haven't. I'll have to wait a bit longer for it.

Nope it's about being elitist. Origin of Symmetry is the most popular album on here because it's cool to like it, not because it's actually a good album. What a ridiculous statement to make.

...still don't get why everyone's fussed about the radio edit, not like you're going to tune into a station to listen to it when you have the whole album on CD or computer or whatever. Plus the edit is quite good I think. Personally I think the edits for the singles this album have been quite good (was there one for UD?). The Uprising edit cut down on a lot of repetitiveness and I prefer it almost to the actual full length version, and the Resistance edit does well without losing much of what's good about the song

Yeah because we all go tell Muse every day how shit everyone on the board finds Guiding Light :rolleyes:

A lot of people don't like it, probably a lot of people do. As if Muse care. They'll use the reactions from live shows to base fan reaction, not this messageboard.

As if no one has ever had a single bad word to say about anything Muse have written ever :rolleyes:

They do read the board. Both Dom and Chris have confirmed that recently.

Hey lets face it; it HAS to beat Undisclosed Desires, it charted at 78 or something right?

You guys do know that EXO-POLITICS got to 64 in the charts on DOWNLOADS alone?

:awesome:

Trufax.

Atleast they won't be making anymore songs like Undisclosed Desires then.. :awesome: (I say this, but I do actually think the song is pretty good).

So am I allowed to love both Guiding Light and Stockholm Syndrome? I love their softer and harder sides just as much.

And yes the band does read these boards and sometimes base their setlists on the comments written here, Dom has said this himself in a video interview. They might be reading this as we speak and if they are, sorry guys for ranting so much, I guess I'm one of those very passionate fans that you keep mentioning. :LOL: I can't help it. And neither can the rest of us. That's what your music does to us. Passionate people argue a lot without an end anywhere to be seen. Guiding Light does have fans although here it seems the opposite. Don't give up the song, don't drop it from the setlist yet. You could play Feeling Good less these days 'though and replace it maybe with Sing For Absolution.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the video of The Resistance. Hopefully one with a plotline.

Archived