-piano parts in the beginning and ending of Bliss. sends shivers down my spine.

-'feel broken inside you' in spiral static.

-easily gives me the creeps!

-all exogenesis makes me look like this :eek:

-all those high notes...

-Dom's drumming is... :stunned:

When Dom and Chris get that massive grin on their faces when Matt starts one of the crazy riffs at the end of Stockholm Syndrome from the MySpace gig (Seattle Key Arena 2010)

And of course the amazing live outro riffs to Stockholm Syndrome and when the synth kicks in on Bliss live.

-piano parts in the beginning and ending of Bliss. sends shivers down my spine.

-'feel broken inside you' in spiral static.

-easily gives me the creeps!

-all exogenesis makes me look like this :eek:

-all those high notes...

-Dom's drumming is... :stunned:

Same here. There's a few songs that just make me stop whatever I'm doing and just wonder how anything can be so marvellous. Spiral Static And Exogenesis are one of them.

-The end of Muscle Museum, the singing that's been distorted to sound like the guitar. I think Matt sung through the amp, actually. :erm:.

yes! when I listen to it I can never decide if it's voice or guitar or both melded together. Awesome!

May I add:

- Chris' bassline in USoE during the "we know there's no one we can trust/...turned to dust" part. It blows me away.

- The little moment of suspension in Citizen Erased before the bass kicks in.

- Matt's singing in Sunburn "I'll hide from the world...." just the right mix between perfect, almost operatic singing and raw desperation.

- Speaking of which: the french part in IBTY. (even if the bad pronunciation turns me off a little bit :p) Some of Matt's best singing.

- The new MK Jam (or whatever you want to call it). Dom is unbelievable.

I love the start of the second chorus in Uprising, 2:28 in the official vid on YouTube.

The first chorus is good, with Matt's solo singing and the synth from the intro... and the last one is cool, with the tons of layered backing vocals and the arpeggiated synth in the background... but the second chorus in the middle just sounds so much better.

It's like what I have with Exo-Politics' first chorus... where it just sounds so brilliant and perfect, and just "gets" you in a certain way. It's how Matt sings "theeeey", with the drums pounding... it just sounds so much more powerful than the first and final choruses for some reason.

It's magnificent on the audio, but in the video Matt puts on this really aggressive, teeth-baring grimace as he sings the "theeey", and that just adds to it.

This thread gives me goose bumps- I love it!

The build up during Filip

The end of CE- Wash me away...

Matthew singing guitar at the end of MM- chills

The mandolin in Black out

Matthew's hot distortion during Host- You bled me dry now I just wanna run away...

The way I feel when I listen to FAWY with headphones in the dark

The clarinet in IBTY/ french too

When Matthew screams "I love you Baby" during Can't Take my Eyes Off of You

When Matthew looks directly at the camera toward the end of CE Glastonbury 04

Archived