Hearing that line is like being stabbed in the eyeballs with a knitting needle... I actually really like the song but I find it difficult to get past that one line :mad:

The first time I heard New Born (aside from the eargasm/amazement that one band could make so many awesome songs in a row, etc.) I thought, 'Well, that's quite distasteful, innit?' :LOL: That and the chick in the bath from the Plug In Baby video :noey: At any rate, I try not to think about it too much. Too many mental images that I really don't need :pope:

• 3 months later...

I just found new little things I love :D

* Matt's background vocals in Resistance

* Matt's background vocals at the end of UD

* Chris' whispers in UD

* The bridge in Assassin (Grand Omega Boss Edit)

* Matt's tiny 2-seconds murmur at the end of MoTP (Rich Costey Edit)

I just found new little things I love :D

* Matt's background vocals at the end of UD

* Chris' whispers in UD

I love those! 'ohhhhhhhhhhh' 'aaaaaaaaaaaaah' :LOL: I'd love one live performance where Matt and Chris would switch vocals so he could sing those parts.

And I totally didn't know that was Chris whispering :eek:

- The way Matt says 'suck' in TIRO

the heavy guitar right after the first chorus of TIRO

matt's backing vocal in 'resistance'

the harmonies on the chorus of 'exo-politics'

the "fighting yourself" line in dead star

the sound of the band "plugging in" and "tuning up" at the start of 'invincible'

the second verse of 'stockholm syndrome'

god, i could go on forever. :LOL:

-The piano playing in the background during 'It's got nothing to do with you' in Cave

-Knights of Cydonia trumpet

-The 'da nah nahnah' of Dead Star

-The 'DUH DUN DUNNNUH' during Stockholm Syndrome

-The opening bass of Uprising

-The lyrics to Take a Bow

And the exploding at the end of Space Dementia. best outro EVER.

yesssss!

and:

'i feel my heart implode' in hysteria..especially when he says 'implode.' i shiver every time

the faint falsetto in the background of the 3rd chorus of fury...just beautiful

the noise he makes with the guitar when he strums the very top of the guitar neck (around 2:02 in the groove and he does it a lot live in micro cuts)

after the solo in endlessly when everything comes back in for the last chorus

when the guitar comes in in TaB and the 'bring destruction to all that you touch' part

aaand this has already been mentioned but the very last part of megalomania with the "ooohs"

there are hundreds more!

The "Woo!" in IBTY

The percussion in Screenager

The "disguiseeee!" in the last chorus of Megalomania

The arpeggios in the chorus of Stockholm Syndrome

The humming in the orchestral part of USoE

The list goes on...

I have a LOT:

the crazy piano part before the chorus of Darkshines

Last 'falling down' where he screams

Squealing in Shrinking Universe

"Go" in assassin

"Woah" In the groove

*pop* in IBTY

I've forgotten some now...

- Endlessly's 2nd chorus, the second that the strings enter in conjunction with "Hoooopelessly". It works perfectly. Brilliance.

- The synth/strings in Stockholm Syndrome's chorus. Obviously we have the other layers (Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Bass, Piano, Arpeggios), but there's also that synth that rises as the chorus goes on. Then in the third chorus, the synth is maintained at that highest note. Subtle change, but once you notice it, you'll shit bricks. At least I think it's a synth. Could be some strings?

- In New Born, the 2nd time the main riff is heard onwards, there is a scratching-like noise mimicking the guitar pattern. The same can be heard in MK Ultra's ending riff.

- The way Matt sings "Suck" in TiRO. I'm not gay, but if Matt sang that part to me, I'd probably have to change my pants. And my socks, depending on how much semen there was.

- The strings in B&H. Massively :D

- In Citizen Erased's 2nd verse, the soft organ that is playing in the background. Noticed that the other day and made me love the song even more.

- In the Arabic chorus in Eurasia, you can hear the trio humming the melody in a very humorous voice! Sounds like a retarded duck.

- Microcuts's chorus (heart). Behind the main instrumentation, you can hear a VERY theatrical synth. It really elevates the song, and it's such a shame that they can't replicate that sound live. Perhaps Morgan could try his hand at that?

- IBTY's chorus has some very catchy backing vocals. Hell, the song is so underrated it makes me a sad panda :(

Archived